Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

Post by momuuu »

Well in some aspects the USA is not a first world country actually.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I wonder where the forum's recent fascination with semantics comes from, not that I'm opposed. I also wonder how that could even be argued.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Im on the outside - looking in. I wonder how ppl in USA are viewing this? are you hyped for it, are lazy, not voting and letting the republican getting to power - as usual? I really would like some of you Americans to give a feed back to us! are you hyped?

Voting straight Democrat, and I'm excited to do it. However I feel that if you lived here you wouldn't do that? You rail against the establishment Democrats as much as you do Republicans.

yeah, I do rail against establishment Democrats. Some of them are very hard to distinguish from Republicans. Both Republicans and Democrat establishment are pretty much "paid for play", by "Big Money Interests". Your very long election campaign in USA, make politicians reliant on very big donations. The establishment get that money from ppl who are not very interested in Democratic values - you know?
Would urge you to watch the Netflix documentary "Reqiem for the american dream" Noam Chomsky. After watching that, you will get the idea. https://youtu.be/bX3kEehmBpE
Bernie Sanders biggest accomplishment in the 2016 primaries, was to show to everybody that you can actually run to become POTUS, When you have real political messages. DCCC pretty much stole the election from Sanders, by rigging the election in Clintons favour. There are plenty of info about this - just look it up.
What the establishment Democrats are giving the American ppl, are mostly platitudes; saying"we are better than luni tune Trump" - but they dont have a message you can beleave in. Why? Pretty much because they are a little better than Republicans, and they will get you to Hell at a slower pace.
The thing that are very interesting, and exite me, is that the "Sanders - feel the burn" https://youtu.be/dzgBkpY-6mE has not gone away. Instead the grassroot are building up, constituting "Our revolution" and "Justice democrats" who have A LOT of candidates running in this mid term election. More womans are "running" aswell https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... rms-443267. THERE is your hope, and to be honest - OUR hope - all over the world. @Mr_Bramboy statement that this is not important, and that USA politics are not important, is ludicris (sorry Bram).
This mid term election is (again) for a big part about healt care for everyone, as a single payer. To show you what I mean about the establishment stand on this issue (while watching this, you should be aware that 80% of democratic voters are in favor of a single payer option). Here Clinton say that a single payer option will Never, Ever happen :mad:
phpBB [video]

PS, sorry for my late reply - and a lot of info for you there :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

iwillspankyou wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Im on the outside - looking in. I wonder how ppl in USA are viewing this? are you hyped for it, are lazy, not voting and letting the republican getting to power - as usual? I really would like some of you Americans to give a feed back to us! are you hyped?

Voting straight Democrat, and I'm excited to do it. However I feel that if you lived here you wouldn't do that? You rail against the establishment Democrats as much as you do Republicans.

yeah, I do rail against establishment Democrats. Some of them are very hard to distinguish from Republicans. Both Republicans and Democrat establishment are pretty much "paid for play", by "Big Money Interests". Your very long election campaign in USA, make politicians reliant on very big donations. The establishment get that money from ppl who are not very interested in Democratic values - you know?
Would urge you to watch the Netflix documentary "Reqiem for the american dream" Noam Chomsky. After watching that, you will get the idea. https://youtu.be/bX3kEehmBpE
Bernie Sanders biggest accomplishment in the 2016 primaries, was to show to everybody that you can actually run to become POTUS, When you have real political messages. DCCC pretty much stole the election from Sanders, by rigging the election in Clintons favour. There are plenty of info about this - just look it up.
What the establishment Democrats are giving the American ppl, are mostly platitudes; saying"we are better than luni tune Trump" - but they dont have a message you can beleave in. Why? Pretty much because they are a little better than Republicans, and they will get you to Hell at a slower pace.
The thing that are very interesting, and exite me, is that the "Sanders - feel the burn" https://youtu.be/dzgBkpY-6mE has not gone away. Instead the grassroot are building up, constituting "Our revolution" and "Justice democrats" who have A LOT of candidates running in this mid term election. More womans are "running" aswell https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... rms-443267. THERE is your hope, and to be honest - OUR hope - all over the world. @Mr_Bramboy statement that this is not important, and that USA politics are not important, is ludicris (sorry Bram).
This mid term election is (again) for a big part about healt care for everyone, as a single payer. To show you what I mean about the establishment stand on this issue (while watching this, you should be aware that 80% of democratic voters are in favor of a single payer option). Here Clinton say that a single payer option will Never, Ever happen :mad:
phpBB [video]

PS, sorry for my late reply - and a lot of info for you there :P

Agreed, imo 80% of American politics is all money and it is sickening!
c0ns!
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

momuuu wrote:Well in some aspects the USA is not a first world country actually.

what dude
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Cometk wrote:
momuuu wrote:Well in some aspects the USA is not a first world country actually.

what dude

Especially in regards to education.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Snuden wrote:
Cometk wrote:

what dude

Especially in regards to education.

Sorry to say that, but you do not have a clue about education systems. The US education system may not be the best on the planet, but it is definitely within the top ten non-city state countries. There is a reason why the worlds top universities sit in the american north-east.

Many foreign people just don't like that US schools do not teach a lot about their countries. But that is often just stupid nationalism like "How can they say they are well educated when they do not know about may south albanian hometown, i.e. the most important place on earth?". Fact is: the US education system does not care a lot about other countries, because these are rather irrelevant to the people living in the US.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Is this stemming from a dislike of American forum users? I'm quite confused. Dunno how one can really reason their way into saying the world's largest gross economic and military power is globally insignificant.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

And how the hell do you know what we know, or don't know?
I am not looking to get in to a debate here, but it is a well known fact that education is one of the areas, where the US is not considered "first world"
[Sith] - Baphomet
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Snuden wrote:And how the hell do you know what we know, or don't know?
I am not looking to get in to a debate here, but it is a well known fact that education is one of the areas, where the US is not considered "first world"

How is this a well-known fact?
As is already said, the US north-east is filled with worlds top universities. How can this be rated as a failing education system not being worth considered as "first world"?

Beati pauperes spiritu.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

so the american education system is second or third world?
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

deleted_user wrote:Is this stemming from a dislike of American forum users? I'm quite confused. Dunno how one can really reason their way into saying the world's largest gross economy and military is globally insignificant.

significant for sure.
taken seriously though? Pick a random interview of trump and read the transcript....i rest my case :P
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

:grin:
Snuden wrote:it is a well known fact that education is one of the areas, where the US is not considered "first world"

Average American test scores lag on a global scale, sure. We have a lot of domestic issues I'm not about to ignore. But the country is still home to like 8 of the world's top 10 universities, still outputs tons of highly educated individuals who participate in the advancement of human knowledge, still attracts the best and brightest from other countries to continue their education and career here. You and I, my friend, have different interpretations of the term "first world." Perhaps a definition could be in order?
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

I’m Jew @lejend
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

knusch wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Is this stemming from a dislike of American forum users? I'm quite confused. Dunno how one can really reason their way into saying the world's largest gross economy and military is globally insignificant.

significant for sure.
taken seriously though? Pick a random interview of trump and read the transcript....i rest my case :P

Trump fucking sucks and I hate his guts but there are such things called Congress and the Supreme Court which make decisions too. As long as we're #1 in the categories we are world leaders can't afford to not take us seriously, at least not unentirely. It's great you and I can appreciate the sheer incognizant debauchery of Trump but that toddler still has executive access to thousands of nukes.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I feel like a fisherman with all this :bait: !
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I think people are just frustrated/disappointed by the fact that someone like Trump can become president of the US. Inthe last seven decades, the US has been someone you could rely on in international politics. It was a well-run country, not without flaws, which you could always refer to as an intellectual in any country of the world. And it was generally considered as a beacon of morality, justice and meritocracy, which is also why it was criticized so heavily if it did not live up to the expectations. You can see the difference in perception between US and other countries like Soviet Union/Russia in the fact that everyone remembers the Vietnam war, but nearly nobody remembers the many eastern europrean countries brutally suppressed, the soviet invasion of Afghanistan or the russian invasion of Georgia. And even if people remember them, there is always the argument that it is what you expect from a politically backward country like Russia.

The US taught western liberal democracies how to be liberal and democratic. Given that there are widespread right-wing tendencies in europe again, europeans would be more than happy about a US assuring them of the rightfulness of their values. This is not the case with Trump.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

If USA schools=teachers with guns

USA schools=>best schools
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Cometk wrote:so the american education system is second or third world?

I don't know.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

duckzilla wrote:
Snuden wrote:And how the hell do you know what we know, or don't know?

How is this a well-known fact?
As is already said, the US north-east is filled with worlds top universities. How can this be rated as a failing education system not being worth considered as "first world"?

It is a well known fact if you actually take the time and read on the subject. It have to be said that the reports that I have read, mostly is about middle and high school.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bigsmoke wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Not really. The United States is a modernized third world country with little to no significance in the current day and age. No one in Europe cares about Americans and their backward society.

You call the USA third world modernised yet where you're from white people paint themselves black representing Santas little helpers....

Thats because the companion of St Nicholas happens to be black. People are a bit immature and read too much into things if they think wearing a costume of a character, which has been in Dutch culture for a while is a racist thing. Its a costume for a character from an old fairy tale who is black.

Being in a modern society means its ok to dress in a costume, and people recognise its a costume.

The extent to which people go to deceive themselves is quite astounding!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

deleted_user wrote::grin:
Snuden wrote:it is a well known fact that education is one of the areas, where the US is not considered "first world"

Average American test scores lag on a global scale, sure. We have a lot of domestic issues I'm not about to ignore. But the country is still home to like 8 of the world's top 10 universities, still outputs tons of highly educated individuals who participate in the advancement of human knowledge, still attracts the best and brightest from other countries to continue their education and career here. You and I, my friend, have different interpretations of the term "first world." Perhaps a definition could be in order?

I absolutely agree that America produce some damn fine students/professionals, that is without a doubt. Unfortunately very few Americans can attend such schools.

IIRC the US ranked lower than some countries you typically think of as "second world" or "developing" countries.

This is not my personal opinion, I just reference, the numerous articles I have read on the subject. In my personal opinion, a country that elect Donald Trump as their president, have issues that goes beyond the education system.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Snuden wrote:
deleted_user wrote::grin:

I absolutely agree that America produce some damn fine students/professionals, that is without a doubt. Unfortunately very few Americans can attend such schools.

IIRC the US ranked lower than some countries you typically think of as "second world" or "developing" countries.

This is not my personal opinion, I just reference, the numerous articles I have read on the subject. In my personal opinion, a country that elect Donald Trump as their president, have issues that goes beyond the education system.

You do realise, Trump was the better choice.., he might make some absurd comments from time to time, at least he isn't a fucking criminal, and the wife of a rapist. Also since when does America have a top 10 education system. Can I have some data or something, maybe I'm wrong. I mean almost all the Scandinavian countries alone have a better education system than America..
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

sirmusket wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You do realise, Trump was the better choice.., he might make some absurd comments from time to time, at least he isn't a fucking criminal, and the wife of a rapist.

Trump is not a criminal? Lmfao.
[Sith] - Baphomet