Self Driving Car Kills Pedestrian

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Self Driving Car Kills Pedestrian

Post by Gendarme »

phpBB [video]
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

bigsmoke wrote:
momuuu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You draw conclusions you can not draw..

how so

Based on what I have read it's impossible to even conclude that the accident was preventable or that the self driving car did not respond appropriately to the situation (by braking as fast as it could detect it), so you cannot conclude that the cars internal system was not tested appropriately. Maybe the car actually did really well and optimized the chance of survival of the victim by braking as fast as it could, maybe a human driver would have been much slower to respond.
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Post by bigsmoke »

momuuu wrote:
bigsmoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

how so

Based on what I have read it's impossible to even conclude that the accident was preventable or that the self driving car did not respond appropriately to the situation (by braking as fast as it could detect it), so you cannot conclude that the cars internal system was not tested appropriately. Maybe the car actually did really well and optimized the chance of survival of the victim by braking as fast as it could, maybe a human driver would have been much slower to respond.

Apologies for the late reply, I have been quite busy. (Going through the notifications so sorry if this is an old thread now)

Thats pretty true we don't have the whole picture. Maybe Tesla have external camera footage which could reveal a bit more.
~~ pecelot rip ~~