Really unbelieveable news

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Really unbelieveable news

Post by bigsmoke »

Boy, 9, shoots 13-year-old sister in fight over video game controller

Src: https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... .102415028

At some point, the boy wanted the video game controller from his sister but she wouldn't give it to him, Cantrell said.

"The little boy - he managed to get a gun out of a nightstand there in the room there, and he just came over and shot her," Cantrell said. "I've been in law enforcement 30-some-odd years, and I've never dealt with anything quite like this. Not with children."

The 13-year-old was rushed to a hospital in Amory, a city in Monroe County, then flown to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, about 215 kilometres away, the sheriff said.

Cantrell told local media outlets the bullet entered the girl's brain from the back of her head. She died Sunday (Monday NZT) at the hospital, WTVA News reported.

Its a pretty black and white case of neglect from any point of view. Can't believe the gun laws are so lax that this should happen. Guns need to be locked away, not sitting in a nightstand drawer. Gun education and safety should also be key in the curriculum.

Absolutely disgusting - when will America finally see that their gun laws are not only archaic but dangerous.

"Of the approximately 8400 shootings, 1458 were fatal, a death toll that exceeds the entire number of US military fatalities in Afghanistan this decade."

How does the US keep continuing that this is not a problem? A higher domestic death toll than a real war?
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Really unbelieveable news

Post by deleted_user »

This is the argument we've had a million times already over guns. They provide safety to the innocent individual, assuming all everything is done correctly, but because we are erroneous creatures, they harm on the average more than they protect on the average. They are used more in malice than in self defense. Tragic stories like this pop up from time to time here. Truly horrible.

Advocates of self defense will tout improper gun locks and a deranged individual. Opponents will point out this likely would not have resulted in a death if there was no firearm in the house.

asdfpijasfdlk;jajsdflkjasdfl;kjasld kfasdf lkasdf
asdf kasjdf
asdf
a
already been discussed to death on the forums.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

If the sister only had an own gun for protection this would have never happened
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher

Post by bigsmoke »

its pretty common sense to lock your guns up. I don't know why the police in the US don't do checks for these things like in modern countries.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

bigsmoke wrote:its pretty common sense to lock your guns up. I don't know why the police in the US don't do checks for these things like in modern countries.

You can't really go into people's houses and just check on things like this. You need a warrant.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Not to mention the US has the most guns per capita by like 30+%, or so, and we're big.

One of the largest arguments against gun eradication is the sheer logistics of it...
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher

Post by bigsmoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
bigsmoke wrote:its pretty common sense to lock your guns up. I don't know why the police in the US don't do checks for these things like in modern countries.

You can't really go into people's houses and just check on things like this. You need a warrant.

I'm not talking about the US and your lazy laws. Here there are stricter regulations and funnily enough these things don't happen. Police checks are common.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

bigsmoke wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

I'm not talking about the US and your lazy laws. Here there are stricter regulations and funnily enough these things don't happen. Police checks are common.

It'd appear you were talking about the US, considering the article is from Mississippi, and also considering this sentence:
bigsmoke wrote:I don't know why the police in the US don't do checks for these things like in modern countries.
It looks like Ear was providing you an answer for you question.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

this shouldn't have happened, it's the parents' fault for letting the gun to be in children's hands
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

this thread should be locked. the title suggests it is about aoe 4. Just a huge disappointment.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

it says that the release is planned on 2018

Poland got some serious knowlidge
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

A child can't fully understand the consequences of an act before they reach a certain age, maybe this boy was a little mentally behind.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

On a side note: It really feels good to wake up, rub the sleep out of your eyes, do morning toilette and THEN post highly valuable posts on ESOC.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

It's fucking America would do you expect, this doesn't happen in Europe
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

sirmusket wrote:It's fucking America would do you expect, this doesn't happen in Europe

Maybe not the EXACT same scenario, but surely similar stupidity is happening on a daily basis.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Snuden wrote:
sirmusket wrote:It's fucking America would do you expect, this doesn't happen in Europe

Maybe not the EXACT same scenario, but surely similar stupidity is happening on a daily basis.

No.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

kami_ryu wrote:
deleted_user wrote:already been discussed to death on the forums.

The recurrence of this discussion is that the pro-gun side always comes up with terrible arguments yet never admits defeat. And that's from reading the latest few, as I can't really be bothered to engage in this debate myself and just read the arguments instead. Over and over those defending guns come up with the most nonsensical arguments but they never see the light.

At least, that's my perception and I'd say others share this perception which causes the topic to be brought up a bit more frequently.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Snuden wrote:

yea but if the exact same situation happened in Europe except the child didn’t have access to a deadly weapon what happens? The kid hits his sister with a baguette probably
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

the kids life is forever fucked up, thats certain.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

morons
Image Image Image
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gibson wrote:
Snuden wrote:

yea but if the exact same situation happened in Europe except the child didn’t have access to a deadly weapon what happens? The kid hits his sister with a baguette probably

No, because unlike Americans , Europeans have culture, respect , and aren't dumb enough to shoot their fucking sister. This is just another story, I hear something everyday that happens in America that blows my mind.
Brazil Majora_
Musketeer
ESO: Majora_

Post by Majora_ »

sirmusket wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, because unlike Americans , Europeans have culture, respect , and aren't dumb enough to shoot their fucking sister. This is just another story, I hear something everyday that happens in America that blows my mind.

what did i just read? imo it´s not a american problem, its a human problem, we cant close our eyes just because something happens to you neighbor
Europeans have ''culture'', ''respect''. hahah