Really unbelieveable news

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Really unbelieveable news

Post by gibson »

Amsel_ wrote:
gibson wrote:Its not quite the same as Caucasians in America have historically systematically oppressed Asians, black people, and native americans based purely on their race. But yes I firmly believe today that people should be judged based on their individual merits rather then by the color of their skin. Nothing about the amount of melanin in ones skin should effect their actions as a person or the actions people take against them.

I think you're making two contradictory points here. The first thing you say is that racism towards whites isn't as serious as racism towards non-whites. But then the second thing you say seems to be entirely racially egalitarian. Are you sure you're not just trying to support racism towards whites without any backlash by the anti-racist sentiment which created the possibility of "anti-whiteness" in the first place?

I mean wouldn't average white people see a double standard there? If it got to the point where a black person were able to insult a white person, but a white person can't insult a black person, then wouldn't whites see themselves as discriminated against? Wouldn't whites naturally act in self defense, and then just bring back the old status quo? I'm not sure this is smart long-term thinking. :hmm:
I never said racism towards whites isn't as serious as racism towards non-whites. I said it's not the same. It's like if you're being bullied on the play ground by a known bully who has a history of bullying you. The teacher is going to be much harsher on the bully who she's seen hit another kid day after day then she's going to be when a kid hits the bully( not in self defense). In a vacuum, both incidents are children hitting other children and are equally serious. However since one child has a history of hitting other children and one child doesn't, the child with the history of hitting other children is going to be judged harsher then the one who doesn't. This is the first( or possibly 2nd depending on how you define a generation) generation of black americans where you can make an argument that they aren't being systematically oppressed by their white counterparts( although many are negatively effected by the racism that was directed at their parents, grandparents, and great grandparents) so please forgive me for not taking racism against white people, where I know for a fact that we aren't being systematically oppressed, as seriously as I take racism against black people. To my knowledge, I have never been negatively effected by racism. I have, however, sat in a bus on the way to a basketball game where students from a more rural area used the word nigger towards my black team mates and no one at that school gave a shit. So pardon me for not being as upset about the occasional and mild racism directed at white people as I am when I encounter people like this

phpBB [video]
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

lol it's white people's fault that their anchestors might have been racist?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Also no rational person thinks its fine for a black person to insult a white person and that be okay but it not be okay for white person to insult a black person. It's not okay for either person to insult each other and both people are in the wrong obviously.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

tedere12 wrote:lol it's white people's fault that their anchestors might have been racist?
no?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

gibson wrote:
tedere12 wrote:lol it's white people's fault that their anchestors might have been racist?
no?

then what's the point of the example with the 2 kids you gave
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

tedere12 wrote:
gibson wrote:
no?

you aren't making any sense. When you can articulate a logical argument please come back.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

gibson wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

you aren't making any sense. When you can articulate a logical argument please come back.

I'm asking you a question. You are the one not making any sense. When you can finally understand my question, please come back with an answer.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You asked me a question, I responded with no, and you responded with something that made no sense. Since you seem to lack reading comprehension I'm going to make it very clear and in capital letter. IT IS NOT MINE NOR YOURS NOR ANY CAUCASIAN PERSONS FAULT THAT CAUCASIAN PEOPLE IN THE PAST WERE RACIST. Now do you get it?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

gibson wrote:You asked me a question, I responded with no, and you responded with something that made no sense. Since you seem to lack reading comprehension I'm going to make it very clear and in capital letter. IT IS NOT MINE NOR YOURS NOR ANY CAUCASIAN PERSONS FAULT THAT CAUCASIAN PEOPLE IN THE PAST WERE RACIST. Now do you get it?

I asked you about the example you gave in your previous post, I didn't understand what you were reffering to. I don't know how to make it more clear.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

@gibson I simply do not understand how you can say you're against treating people differently depending on their race while simultaneously saying whites should be judged harsher than others.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Amsel_ wrote:@gibson I simply do not understand how you can say you're against treating people differently depending on their race while simultaneously saying whites should be judged harsher than others.
Im not saying that white people should be judged harsher. I'm saying that I believe racism against white people is a much smaller issue. When I see racism against white people on the news or on the internet, I don't really care. I have never experienced it, and while it's wrong and whoever is being racist is 100% in the wrong, I'm not worried about it negatively effecting me or the white people I know. I'm not worried about being systematically oppressed. On the other hand there are millions of people in the United States who are genuinely racist against black people. Trust me, I live in Tennessee. When Obama was president I heard things from " I can't believe we're in for another 4 years of nigger presidency" to " who let the family of apes into the white house" to " Lynch him from a tree". Everyone of my black friends has experienced blatant racism and I have observed so much blatant racism towards black people that it is much more real to me then racism vs white people. To me, racism towards black people is a much bigger( in terms of the amount of racism) problem then racism towards white people. For me, problems that I have experienced and are wide spread are a bigger deal then small problems I have never experienced. I hope iv done a decent job explaining why I don't believe that racism towards white people is better then racism towards black people, but why I do believe that racism towards black people is much more widespread and thus a biggee issue facing America today and why it shoukd be treated as such.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

gibson wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:@gibson I simply do not understand how you can say you're against treating people differently depending on their race while simultaneously saying whites should be judged harsher than others.
Im not saying that white people should be judged harsher. I'm saying that I believe racism against white people is a much smaller issue. When I see racism against white people on the news or on the internet, I don't really care. I have never experienced it, and while it's wrong and whoever is being racist is 100% in the wrong, I'm not worried about it negatively effecting me or the white people I know. I'm not worried about being systematically oppressed. On the other hand there are millions of people in the United States who are genuinely racist against black people. Trust me, I live in Tennessee. When Obama was president I heard things from " I can't believe we're in for another 4 years of nigger presidency" to " who let the family of apes into the white house" to " Lynch him from a tree". Everyone of my black friends has experienced blatant racism and I have observed so much blatant racism towards black people that it is much more real to me then racism vs white people. To me, racism towards black people is a much bigger( in terms of the amount of racism) problem then racism towards white people. For me, problems that I have experienced and are wide spread are a bigger deal then small problems I have never experienced. I hope iv done a decent job explaining why I don't believe that racism towards white people is better then racism towards black people, but why I do believe that racism towards black people is much more widespread and thus a biggee issue facing America today and why it shoukd be treated as such.

If all you're saying is that racism against blacks is a bigger issue than racism against whites: why are you only bringing it up when we're talking about a user posting something racist against whites? It appears to me that you're using the increased prevalence of anti-black racism to deligitimize protecting whites from discrimination. Now I'm not trying to calling you a racist or anti-white or anything; but it seems like if your only goal was to say that there's more racism against blacks then you would have had no need to bring it up the second people talked about racism against whites.
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Post by bigsmoke »

Why dont Americans just harden the fuck up and realise skin colour doesn't matter when it comes to being a cunt.

Racism isn't something you measure, you are either racist or you are not. Just because you haven't experienced it or not doesn't mean its not as serious.
Of course racism towards white people happens and so it does towards any other race. Prevalence doesn't justify it. Thats bible 'eye for an eye' talk.

If someone tries to insult my race/history/family then they are going to get whats coming to them, and I should expect no less if I did the same.

Here are the facts: are some white people racist, yes, are some black people racist, yes, are some hispanic people racist, yes, are some asian people racist, yes.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

I said i'm glad to see them lose their majority because it will bring a change in policy and a change in governance to this nation. As gibson pointed out, racism against minorities in the US has tangible effects which is why I'm glad to see that no ethnic group in the US will have a majority in the coming decades, at least not one big enough to direct policy.
I'm not being racist against white people. If you wanna call me racist at least say i'm so against "White Americans" bc that's the term I used. Even then, i don't think i was being racist, all i said was they're fucking scary. Lots of people are scary, maybe i'm just scared a lot. Even Peruvians are fucking scary, hell they run the biggest coke trade in the world iirc (might be #2).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... undry.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... -cops/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... olice-say/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... rifle/amp/
De Funk
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Amsel_ wrote:
gibson wrote:

If all you're saying is that racism against blacks is a bigger issue than racism against whites: why are you only bringing it up when we're talking about a user posting something racist against whites? It appears to me that you're using the increased prevalence of anti-black racism to deligitimize protecting whites from discrimination. Now I'm not trying to calling you a racist or anti-white or anything; but it seems like if your only goal was to say that there's more racism against blacks then you would have had no need to bring it up the second people talked about racism against whites.
The context of my original post was when someone was comparing white racism to black or "any other" racism. In my opinion they shouldn't be compared because there's a large difference between a person being racist towards someone else and an entire race being systematically oppressed because of their skin color. It's like comparing a racially motivated murder to the holocaust. Yes, they're similar, but the scale at which they happened makes them uncomparable. Although honestly I am a bit bitter whenever someone talks about racism vs white people because I have a hard time believing that the average white person has experienced anything close to what I've observed towards blacks. And as wrong as it is, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the racist people I know experience the other end of racism, not because of the color of their skin, but because I think that's the only way that they'll be able to see that what they're doing is wrong. My intention is not to delegitimize protecting whites from discrimination, no normal white person should be should be discriminated against, but its not something we as a society should get caught up on unless it begins happening on a much larger scale. Most racism towards white people is an overreaction from those who have either experienced or observed racism themselves and feel the need to retaliate, so if you largely eliminate racism towards black people, the likelihood is that racism towards white people will go with it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hidddy_ wrote:I said i'm glad to see them lose their majority because it will bring a change in policy and a change in governance to this nation. As gibson pointed out, racism against minorities in the US has tangible effects which is why I'm glad to see that no ethnic group in the US will have a majority in the coming decades, at least not one big enough to direct policy.
I'm not being racist against white people. If you wanna call me racist at least say i'm so against "White Americans" bc that's the term I used. Even then, i don't think i was being racist, all i said was they're fucking scary. Lots of people are scary, maybe i'm just scared a lot. Even Peruvians are fucking scary, hell they run the biggest coke trade in the world iirc (might be #2).

lol whats this supposed to prove? You can find articles about people from any race doing horrible things. FAct is nothing about the amount of melanin in their skin caused them to do those horrible things, so it's completely irrelevant to this discussion.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

gibson wrote:
Hidddy_ wrote:I said i'm glad to see them lose their majority because it will bring a change in policy and a change in governance to this nation. As gibson pointed out, racism against minorities in the US has tangible effects which is why I'm glad to see that no ethnic group in the US will have a majority in the coming decades, at least not one big enough to direct policy.

lol whats this supposed to prove? You can find articles about people from any race doing horrible things. FAct is nothing about the amount of melanin in their skin caused them to do those horrible things, so it's completely irrelevant to this discussion.

You're right, the color of their skin didn't have anything to do with it. Though I would say they're culture definitely did. The prevelance of guns in American culture and the amount of shootings/gun-related killings in this country are definitely not unrelated.
Honestly, the second amendment shouldn't even be a part of our constitution. The 2nd amendment was included to prevent slave uprisings in the early US and in order to be able to have standing militias for lack of a federally organized army. Now that we have no slaves, state-run defense departments, and the largest federally operated army in the world, why in the hell do we need the 2nd amendment?
De Funk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:
gibson wrote:please forgive me for not taking racism against white people, where I know for a fact that we aren't being systematically oppressed, as seriously as I take racism against black people. To my knowledge, I have never been negatively effected by racism. I have, however, sat in a bus on the way to a basketball game where students from a more rural area used the word nigger towards my black team mates and no one at that school gave a shit. So pardon me for not being as upset about the occasional and mild racism directed at white people as I am when I encounter people like this

phpBB [video]

Nonwhite people have done these things and way worse to white people. Here's one:

https://www.wpxi.com/news/woman-brutall ... /289667871

A woman who said she was brutally attacked by a group of black teenagers in Pittsburgh’s North Side Sunday said the girls savagely beat her while calling her racial slurs.

Ginger Slepski said she suffered multiple injuries, including torn shoulder ligaments. She said she thought the girls were going to kill her.

“I thought it was so animalistic. So violent. I’m so afraid for these girls to get out and walk the streets,” Slepski said.

Police said Slepski was savagely beaten after the girls threw a bottle at her car on Concord Street and she stopped to confront them.

“I was mad. I knew they were younger. I thought they were in their early 20s. I got out and said, ‘What is your problem?’” Slepski said.

All four African-American girls then called her names before getting physically violent.

“They yelled, ‘Shut up white [expletive].’ The other said, ‘Get that white [expletive],’” Slepski said.

Slepski said she tried to get back into her car but the girls grabbed her by the hair.

“The one punched me in the head and I was on a set of concrete steps and my head hit the concrete so hard,” said Slepski. “Then they all got on top of me and all their hands were in my hair. They kept telling each other to, ‘Kick her in the head. Kick her head in the concrete.’”

Slepski said several people witnessed the attack but were too afraid to intervene.

“Another woman was yelling at the girls, ‘I’m calling the police!’ And it’s like it only made it worse,” Slepski said.

Slepski said a man finally jumped in and helped Slepski escape from under the group of girls.

“I do feel like it was very racially motivated and I grew up in the neighborhood,” she said.

Slepski said her injuries are keeping her from working as an electrician and she’s worried about having the means to take care of her daughters.

The teens allegedly involved were all charged with robbery and ethnic intimidation.

Look who's rearing his ugly head. Finally giving up on hiding behind your "it's not about race, it's about culture" excuse?

As always, any claim you make is as dubious as the average wikipedia entry you quote. And as usual you come with a random anecdote, as if that's proof of anything. Lmao.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

What you've been saying is definitely racist, thats enough to say it makes you one. Most, if not all americans are racist anyway. And pretty much every "cure" america has tried to come up with has been thoroughly affected by this fact. I hope the rest of the world quickly comes to their senses and stops copying anything that comes out of the usa regarding this subject.