Universities

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Re: Sirmusket german timing

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Gichtenlord wrote:Oh, I dont think that he thinks he is better than everyone. I actually think that he is very aware of his current skill level.
In the end, he is trying to gain the acceptance of the community, but most of his attempts were just complete awful and selfdestructive.

I meant a better human being.

He is constantly talking about how intelligent he is (despite going to a third-tier Australia university) and how dumb all aoe3 players are.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Damn VooDoo , stop exposing him like that :lol: :lol:
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

reminds me a bit of garja
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

hmm...what?
Image Image Image
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:Oh, I dont think that he thinks he is better than everyone. I actually think that he is very aware of his current skill level.
In the end, he is trying to gain the acceptance of the community, but most of his attempts were just complete awful and selfdestructive.

He is constantly talking about how intelligent he is (despite going to a third-tier Australia university) and how dumb all aoe3 players are.

11th best university in Australia is 3rd tier. Yes you're dumb. I've never said how dumb aoe3 players are as a whole, I said they're a few of course.., I don't consider myself the smartest person in the world as you claim. You really know how to lie till there is no tomorrow, honestly you lie more than anyone. Because you just blatantly say in quotation that I said this, this and this blabla. Quite annoying.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

sirmusket wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

11th best university in Australia is 3rd tier. Yes you're dumb.

And that's all you found to answer to this whole thread? lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I feel like 11th best university in Australia is kinda like being the 11th best at seeing in a group of legally blind people
Australia outta_key_
Crossbow
ESO: outta_key_

Post by outta_key_ »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

Which university does he go to?
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

sirmusket wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:

11th best university in Australia is 3rd tier. Yes you're dumb. I've never said how dumb aoe3 players are as a whole, I said they're a few of course.., I don't consider myself the smartest person in the world as you claim. You really know how to lie till there is no tomorrow, honestly you lie more than anyone. Because you just blatantly say in quotation that I said this, this and this blabla. Quite annoying.

Yes. We are a small country. We have a few good universities (University of Melbourne, ANU, maybe University of Sydney), a few tier 2 (rest of the G8), then all the rest are tier 3.

[Your university] doesn't even show up on global rankings.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yes. We are a small country. We have a few good universities (University of Melbourne, ANU, maybe University of Sydney), a few tier 2 (rest of the G8), then all the rest are tier 3.

QUT doesn't even show up on global rankings.

Yes it does.. more proof you don't know what you're talking about. I don't live near Melbourne/Sydney.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

University of Nebraska Omaha is probably the best university in the world.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Please don't divulge any personal information about other users here.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

sirmusket wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
Show hidden quotes

QUT doesn't even show up on global rankings.

Yes it does.. more proof you don't know what you're talking about. I don't live near Melbourne/Sydney.

My bad, it is ranked ~200-400 globally. You could have attended UQ, or attended interstate on scholarship (this was what I did).

There is nothing wrong with going to a non-top university. My issue is that you simultaneously talk about how smart you are (you literally said that your European genes make you smarter than most Australians), without any of the life achievements to back it up. You need to leave your ego at the door and stop judging other people. All of the issues you have on this forum, whether it be cheating, flaming, or simply not getting along with 99% of people here, is due to your poor attitude and contempt for others.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:University of Nebraska Omaha is probably the best university in the world.
No the university of tennessee is
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

I fail to see how attending which university decides a person's intellect? Some of the brightest minds and billionaires are college dropouts for all you know! I am not insulting anyone but if you really think about it all it does is give you a bump in career, increases your social statues, and maybe a better environment and resources for studies.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

princeofcarthage wrote:I fail to see how attending which university decides a person's intellect? Some of the brightest minds and billionaire's are college dropouts for all you know!

Certainly, it's not the only factor, but there is most definitely a correlation.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I lied University of Nebraska Omaha is not the best university.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Neither is Tennessee university.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:I fail to see how attending which university decides a person's intellect? Some of the brightest minds and billionaire's are college dropouts for all you know!

Certainly, it's not the only factor, but there is most definitely a correlation.

Certainly not, intellect is a result of various different things right up to gene inheritance, education is definitely a factor although not as important as you make it sound. If we go your way then technically a person who isn't educated isn't intellectual at all.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofcarthage wrote:If we go your way then technically a person who isn't educated isn't intellectual at all.

That's not what he said though. He basically said there is a correlation between attending a good university and being clever. It means neither "good university => clever" nor "clever => good university". It just means the conditional probability of "clever" given "good university" (or the other way around) is high.
You said "if we go your way, "no good university => not clever"". Which is the contraposition of "clever => good university". Which is really not what he said.

But at the end of day, I agree that studies are not much correlated with cleverness.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Universities

Post by edeholland »

Fight here pls, not in the AoE3 section.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Re: Universities

Post by japanesegeneral »

I wonder what those rankings are about. It is literally impossible to make a credible ranking of educational systems because they are under constant change. It is impossible to measure all the important constant one would need to measure to judge the work of a university. Each course of studies has different focal points and probably some different subjects as well.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Some factors depend on ratio ofinternational students, number of publishments and citation ratios, money spend on library clubs etc. If you arent very academic in univercity, having smart people around you is the biggest benefit along with carrying a prestigous title.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Now that we have our own thread, I'll say something else.

My best friends in high school all went to much better universities than I did. Like, internationally renowned universities. I stayed in state. It was a smart financial decision for me, but I'd be lying if I said I never felt intellectually inadequate or personally inferior because of it.

What I've come to learn is that a particular institution provides far less of an impact on one's education than individual disposition. We receive back what effort we put in. This includes effort outside of university, in the basic appraisal of knowledge in every day life, in an intrinsic desire to learn more on your own accord.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that being "smart," for whatever that means, is not a competition, for one. It's really not. It is more closely an individual's desire, and journey, to consume information, process it, mull it, think for themselves, reason, create, all that good stuff which he wants to do, and does, because he indulges his personal inquiries. Anyone can do this, that's the great idea. It's not about what school you went to, or go to, in the day and age of information.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The claim of the correlation between good institutions and someone's intelligence is more related to the ability to acces to those institutions rather than the effective education provided.
In the same way the benefit of chosing certain unis is more about the favorable job placement provided rather than the education itself.
Image Image Image