-

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Re: -

Post by lejend »

-
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Just dont engage with lejend. He's unable to argue normally and will just provoke you (whether on purpose or because of mental limitations doesnt matter, in practise it is the same).
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

lejend wrote:If I'm actually wrong about something, then why don't you articulate it instead of throwing a fit, deleting your posts, and asking everyone to ignore me for having the audacity to present a different viewpoint? Is this what passes for education and debate nowadays?

Internet education teaches you to ignore people like you. Something with playing chess against a pigeon.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

momuuu wrote:Just dont engage with lejend. He's unable to argue normally and will just provoke you (whether on purpose or because of mental limitations doesnt matter, in practise it is the same).

I was going with the troll version of Dr. Legend, but sure :P
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Legend vs Jerom debate pls
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

princeofcarthage wrote:Legend vs Jerom debate pls

Did I not literally state that its better to not debate with lejend. I dont even agree or disagree, Im just stating that he is retarded or a troll. Whenever you read a discussion with him and someone else, you see lejend failing to discuss properly many times. Its not even about the points he makes, its about how he just ignores all arguments and counters with some videos or silly sources. Lejend will not actually discuss arguments with substance but just repeatedly slightly rephrase his view as a 'response'.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I miss Metis, man.
France benj89
Howdah

Re: Class management and Differentiated instruction

Post by benj89 »

Radix_Lecti wrote:RIP
education thread
I'm out.

Can't argue it's hard to believe you have the patience for a class of immigrants and low IQ but not for a few legend's posts. Especially since to me he has a point, at least from the few summers (all of them from 6-12) I spent as a kid with lower class/second generation immigrants and educators. They often come from societies where respecting a woman or a seemingly weak man as a leader isn't the norm.
Anyway, how would you deal with the guy in the video?
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:Millennials, everyone. They're right about everything; they just don't know how or why. And if you disagree, well, you must be a Nazi troll, because how could anyone have a different point of view?

You aren't interested in learning anything. Whenever someone posts something that requires you to understand what theyre saying in order to answer it, you just ignore them. You just post biased drivel without any scientific foundation or theorethical arguments in a thread initiated by an experienced teacher. Your put 0 effort into your posts beyond copy pasting the latest meme, and everyone who reads it becomes dumber just because of that. Maybe if you sincerely tried to have a debate, it would actually be possible to have one.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

momuuu wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Legend vs Jerom debate pls

Did I not literally state that its better to not debate with lejend. I dont even agree or disagree, Im just stating that he is retarded or a troll. Whenever you read a discussion with him and someone else, you see lejend failing to discuss properly many times. Its not even about the points he makes, its about how he just ignores all arguments and counters with some videos or silly sources. Lejend will not actually discuss arguments with substance but just repeatedly slightly rephrase his view as a 'response'.
Sounds similar to another person on forums, except maybe the video part
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Most people actually discuss in a discussion. Instead of simply stating their oponion once a forever.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Rofl. Lejend finally got under everyone's nerves. Welcome to off-topic, where trolls dictate! But that's okay, it's entertaining, isn't that right @Goodspeed?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Quite hard to follow the discussion here with the deleted posts. TL;DR?
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Radix gave us a complicated classroom situation (s)..
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

ahh the classic "i dont like what youre saying so im going to attack you and say everything you say is garbage and makes no sense" xD
c0ns!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

vardar wrote:ahh the classic "i dont like what youre saying so im going to attack you and say everything you say is garbage and makes no sense" xD
my favorite argument
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lejend wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:Can you ever use RT as a viable news source?

It's about as credible as CNN or the NYT.

What are the most credible news outlets in your opinion?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:
vardar wrote:ahh the classic "i dont like what youre saying so im going to attack you and say everything you say is garbage and makes no sense" xD

Well I wouldn't call it classic. Seems to be mainly a recent thing. Some "liberals" are incredibly intolerant of opposing points of view. Probably because they live very sheltered lives and rarely if ever xeperience viewpoint diversity.

Thats funny coming from someone who simply ignores and pests people for having different opinions than himself. Even funnier coming from someone who categorically ignores every post of substance that he can't ridicule with a meme, or call into question with a copy-pasted summary of a book he didn't read...
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

umeu wrote:
lejend wrote:

Well I wouldn't call it classic. Seems to be mainly a recent thing. Some "liberals" are incredibly intolerant of opposing points of view. Probably because they live very sheltered lives and rarely if ever xeperience viewpoint diversity.

Thats funny coming from someone who simply ignores and pests people for having different opinions than himself. Even funnier coming from someone who categorically ignores every post of substance that he can't ridicule with a meme, or call into question with a copy-pasted summary of a book he didn't read...

damn well said umeu :love: