-

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Re: -

Post by lejend »

-
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

lejend wrote:
deleted_user wrote:What are the most credible news outlets in your opinion?

Most "news outlets" are profit-driven corporate enterprises or state-run propaganda propagators. They're largely relics of the past. It's a little scary to hear of people searching for one to rely on for information. Your best bet is to gather as much information from as many sources as possible, and then compare the content and the strength of their arguments, rather than just accepting or dismissing information based on where it came from. Above all, you need Christian principles, set in stone, to judge those arguments by. If you don't have those Christian principles, then you'll be manipulated and misled quite easily, like a sheep to the slaughter.

"I had a hard time with lejend because I found myself enthusiastically agreeing with the first 90% of every post, but getting lost at 'therefore, convert to Christianity.'"
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Vinyanenya wrote:
lejend wrote:
deleted_user wrote:What are the most credible news outlets in your opinion?

Most "news outlets" are profit-driven corporate enterprises or state-run propaganda propagators. They're largely relics of the past. It's a little scary to hear of people searching for one to rely on for information. Your best bet is to gather as much information from as many sources as possible, and then compare the content and the strength of their arguments, rather than just accepting or dismissing information based on where it came from. Above all, you need Christian principles, set in stone, to judge those arguments by. If you don't have those Christian principles, then you'll be manipulated and misled quite easily, like a sheep to the slaughter.

"I had a hard time with lejend because I found myself enthusiastically agreeing with the first 90% of every post, but getting lost at 'therefore, convert to Christianity.'"

I especially love how he provides no arguments/proof for his statements!
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:
Vinyanenya wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Not picking sides here but you rarely have arguments/proof for your statements xD
c0ns!
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

sirmusket wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Thats funny coming from someone who simply ignores and pests people for having different opinions than himself. Even funnier coming from someone who categorically ignores every post of substance that he can't ridicule with a meme, or call into question with a copy-pasted summary of a book he didn't read...

damn well said umeu :love:

Musket trying to make a friend... how cute.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Man sometimes I wonder if lejend is actually just a liberal who is hardcore trolling callen umeu and everybody else. Actually that's the only explanation I have for all lejend posts
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I am (((untrollable)))
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Post by anonymous123 »

vardar wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Not picking sides here but you rarely have arguments/proof for your statements xD

Isn't that the case with most here though?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

vardar wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I always provide arguments for my own statements. You will rarely if ever see me say anything like If you don't have those Christian principles, then you'll be manipulated and misled quite easily, like a sheep to the slaughter. and then don't say why. Perhaps you might not find my arguments compelling or sufficient, that's a different matter.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

rsy wrote:Man sometimes I wonder if lejend is actually just a liberal who is hardcore trolling callen umeu and everybody else. Actually that's the only explanation I have for all lejend posts
I've known the kid for years and I'm still not sure. If he is a troll, he's one for the history books
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Goodspeed wrote:
rsy wrote:Man sometimes I wonder if lejend is actually just a liberal who is hardcore trolling callen umeu and everybody else. Actually that's the only explanation I have for all lejend posts
I've known the kid for years and I'm still not sure. If he is a troll, he's one for the history books

Was/is he the same on the A414A-clan forums?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

No but he was a child then (or so he claimed) so change is to be expected. He does seem almost too different 10 years later though. An interesting specimen, no doubt.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

edeholland wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

Was/is he the same on the A414A-clan forums?
He does the same thing on TW Center forums.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

lejend wrote:It is a sign of intelligence to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. If you can't comprehend how someone could view things differently, if you think they must be trolling if they have a very different worldview than you, well, that shows how uneducated a lot of people are nowadays. They just go their entire lives without ever coming across opposing points of view. Their friends, their schools, the media they consume, their sources of information, they all have a similar worldview. It's literally a bubble and they're proud of it for some reason. I mean when was the last time that anyone here watched 20 minutes of a Christian, conservative or similar video? Is anyone a member of a forum where 90% disagree with all your cultural/political beliefs?
It's not that. It's that you seem to have changed so much that I would think you're a different person. And the Bahrain thing. And the way you argue. And how secretive you've always been about personal stuff, unlike everyone else on A414A at the time. Same here, though to a lesser extent; people in general seem more reserved here because it's a more public space. You still take the cake though because you can't even say in what country you live or where you're originally from.

But I don't think you're deliberately trolling. I'm just not 100% sure.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

lejend wrote:It is a sign of intelligence to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. If you can't comprehend how someone could view things differently, if you think they must be trolling if they have a very different worldview than you, well, that shows how uneducated a lot of people are nowadays. They just go their entire lives without ever coming across opposing points of view. Their friends, their schools, the media they consume, their sources of information, they all have a similar worldview. It's literally a bubble and they're proud of it for some reason. I mean when was the last time that anyone here watched 20 minutes of a Christian, conservative or similar video? Is anyone a member of a forum where 90% disagree with all your cultural/political beliefs?

Yeah, I thought so.

Frankly this is getting obnoxious. I can think of a few people who do nothing but spam "you're a troll" in every thread now. No wonder people are leaving the forum.

You're a troll and you cause people to leave.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

PogChamp !?
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

Holy Blessed Mother of Christ, has lejend seen the light? Btw.
LEJEND I mean when was the last time that anyone here watched 20 minutes of a Christian

I am a practising Christian and you @lejend are everything that we are ashamed of in the Presbyterian church if you were Christian which I sincerely doubt.
May your soul be forgiven for pretending to follow Jesus because you cannot do it yourself and you are too evil at heart to forgive others.

No wonder people are leaving the forum.

Your stupid shitposts about how to beat up everyone around you to be a leader made me realise you are just a mean, irrelevant person with no actual business acumen nor managerial experience. For shits and laughs you copy paste whole pages just to stop a meaningful instruction to future teachers on this forum. This is of course unbeknown to your tiny one-cell-brain, but talking with experienced teachers is a crucial self-reflection process for young teachers and is called Intervision which you simple decided to deny to lordraph/yemshi to continue your dumb agenda.
You also have some weird-ass fetish about Templars which makes me guess you're a Slav.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

anonymous123 wrote:
vardar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Isn't that the case with most here though?

It is definitely the case here
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yeah, I thought so.

Frankly this is getting obnoxious. I can think of a few people who do nothing but spam "you're a troll" in every thread now. No wonder people are leaving the forum.

I wonder why nobody calls Benj, Dolan, InsectPoison or Vardar trolls...