help i have no opinions

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

help i have no opinions

Post by deleted_user »

title.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: help i have no opinions

Post by Jam »

It's your opinion that you have no opinion. :flowers:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Lame attempt at a shitpost
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Lame attempt at a shitpost

It's not a shitpost. It's a very real concern.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I saw callen make this post live!
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I saw callen regret making this post live!
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I think I have the same problem honestly.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Lame attempt at a shitpost

It's not a shitpost. It's a very real concern.

Listen: you're a piece of shit, your wife's a piece of shit, your daughters are, are fucking whores I'm sure!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This isn't some spur-of-the-moment shitpost. Well, it may be be spur-of-the-moment, but it's not a shitpost, and it's not not premeditated. It's a concern I've had for awhile which I've expressed now in a way which doesn't necessitate sobriety. I've managed to deflect my internal conflict by means of group-garnered satire. It's akin to "trolling" in an age of empires match. When I've lost (the thread, the predicate) I'll claim I wasn't trying, wasn't serious, but I was, sort of, or at least I was afraid to try.

I struggle to think for myself, or I struggle to have confidence in what I think, of myself, and that's a threat to the individual. And I'm never unique so others must share this burden too.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:This isn't some spur-of-the-moment shitpost. It's a concern I've had for awhile which I've expressed now in a way which doesn't necessitate sobriety. In a way, I've managed to deflect my internal conflict by means of supposed satire. It's akin to "trollin" in an age of empires match. When I've lost I'll claim I wasn't trying, but I was, sort of, or at least I was always afraid to try.

If you're gonna make shitposts at least make them funny dude
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I've edited what you've quoted.

I really want this to be taken seriously. It's a concern I think this generation might struggle with collectively.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:I've edited what you've quoted.

I really want this to be taken seriously. It's a concern I think this generation might struggle with collectively.

You will never be taken seriously as long as you shitpost on these forums (poorly, may I add)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

You will never be taken seriously as long as you shitpost on these forums (poorly, may I add)

That's okay. As long as some of it gets out while it can.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lejend wrote:Sounds like you have a lot of opinions, it's just your irreligiosity makes you too insecure to believe that any of them are true. Can't say I relate, dawg.

Thanks legend. I'm glad you're so steadfast. I'm probably more of a theist than most here (and anyone who knows me knows this), but likely less so than you, I admit.

I suppose my religion leads me to try to treat all peoples with kindness if I can. I'm awfully terrible at that. It's not much for one of opinion-making at any rate.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

lejend wrote:Sounds like you have a lot of opinions, it's just your irreligiosity makes you too insecure to believe that any of them are true. Can't say I relate, dawg.

Ego post
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

This is quite odd. I have had my fair share of time thinking about this sort of issue but i don't recall it bugging me to this point. You're probably very insecure about yourself (or maybe you have huge expectations which you feel you don't meet) if you come to questioning everything that you think because it might not be (or you simply might not percieve it as) the result of your own thinking. If you could make more specific examples of this issue of yours i'd be glad to try to help you out, but generally this is how i see this issue:

Sometimes we need to embrace mediocrity and non-uniqueness, and there is really nothing wrong with that. I'd say there are a couple of reasons for this:

-We, humans, are billions and it is understandable that we can't be as unique as we would like to see ourselves. Everyone is actually unique to an extent, but sometimes we hope that the uniqueness could be more noticeable (by us in the first place), maybe with more prominent personality/attitude traits. We see thousands of other people, and we think: "How am i any different from everybody else? What does make me special?" We feel like we are irrelevant and that we don't have a purpose in this existence, since there is nothing that makes us really stand out from the crowd. I had this perception in general, as if there was a general criteria of relevancy that can be applied to anything in the universe. With this criteria though, we would soon realize that this can be applied to anything - if planet Earth was to suddenly disappear, the rest of the universe would still be, as if nothing happened. It's not reasonable to judge our relevancy with this general, objective, causalistic(?), universalistic criteria. You are living your life and it becomes relevant to you once you rightfully see things from your personal point of view. Gamevideo is nobody for the universe, he is nobody for the world, but he is somebody for himself and those who are close to him, and that is what matters, since he is living his life from his own point of view, and not from a generic, external point of view. What is valuable for us is ourselves and our good relationships with friends, relatives, partner etc., and we are able to fulfill ourselves through what we make in our life, whether we are a farmer, a medic, an engineer or an employee. We don't need to have an "impact" on the rest of the world to be happy.

-Some opinions (but not just opinions, are sharable, it's reasonable to embrace them - imagine if scientists suddenly refused to acknowledge anything that hasn't been experimentally measured by themselves in person, they would have to start studying everything from scratch every time they have a doubt. Learning from others is a great thing, and can give us ground for a further expansion of those concepts. You might feel like you don't have opinions but you probably do, they might be less evident or strong than you'd expect but i'm sure you haven't just been brainlessly accepting whatever people have told you over the years.

-We shouldn't think lowly of ourselves because we can't always be the best at what we do, it's an unhealthy attitude. I'm not saying we should give up on effort and competitiveness, but we should not be angry at ourselves when we fail, if we gave everything we had to give. (If you struggle at evaluating what is really important for you in your life, and investing into it, that's another matter and we can get into that too :flowers: ) This is a world of endless possibilities, it is inevitable that you won't be undertaking all of them. Therefore, while some of our regrets might be reasonable, many aren't.

Everyone has got his flaws and virtues, i think you should try to appreciate yourself a bit more for what you are a rather than being brooding and cloudy about yourself. Obviously you should also look out for your flaws and try to stem them, but recognise that no one is perfect and that someone does/will appreciate you for what you are, the full SirCallen package, with his radiant side, his thoughtful moments and his flaws as well.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

kami_ryu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Callen is taken seriously, you aren't

don't be disrespectful dude
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

kami_ryu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Callen is taken seriously, you aren't

Ego post
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think the truth is that you in fact would like to be a completely unbiased man but also in reality do have many opinions.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@deleted_user4 Maybe it's just that you don't have opinions about stuff you aren't too informed about, which as it turns out is most stuff. I don't mean to call you generally uninformed, would argue the opposite, but relative to the amount of information out there literally everyone is tragically uninformed.

A question to ask yourself: Do you have opinions about the very few things you ARE informed about? (like AoE).

My opinions are often intuitive and very loose. I can easily change my mind when confronted with facts that I hadn't considered. But at some point I feel informed to a degree that I'm confident in my opinion and at that point you might think I'm rather stubborn if you disagreed with me. Certainly there are a lot of things I don't have an opinion about though.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

deleted_user wrote:This isn't some spur-of-the-moment shitpost. Well, it may be be spur-of-the-moment, but it's not a shitpost, and it's not not premeditated. It's a concern I've had for awhile which I've expressed now in a way which doesn't necessitate sobriety. I've managed to deflect my internal conflict by means of group-garnered satire. It's akin to "trolling" in an age of empires match. When I've lost (the thread, the predicate) I'll claim I wasn't trying, wasn't serious, but I was, sort of, or at least I was afraid to try.

I struggle to think for myself, or I struggle to have confidence in what I think, of myself, and that's a threat to the individual. And I'm never unique so others must share this burden too.
Who are you without listing something you believe or something you do? You aren't your opinions, you have opinions. Your opinions are vulnerable, you will never have enough knowledge to be completely confident in your beliefs and even if you did have all the knowledge then hilariously you would wonder if you really do, so there's no escaping it. How do know that your knowledge is correct and you didn't mess up somewhere, maybe you just thought you knew. And then some piece of information you never thought of comes along and shatters the whole thing and you have to reevaluate, and wonder that maybe if you were wrong about that then you could be wrong about the rest of it too. It would be foolish to tie yourself to your beliefs because then your identity would share in the same faults and uncertainty. Then you would a mess and you might develop a fake confidence by becoming narrow minded and arrogant in your beliefs. But you can see through that, so you're left insecure of yourself. But you're not your beliefs and you're not Sir Callen, you're the same stuff as the 'experts' who's opinions seem intimidating. Their opinions suffer the same insecurities, just at a higher level since they've studied something more thoroughly. So you don't need to be sure of your beliefs, they don't need to be correct. You just need to know what you believe, why you believe it, and what you don't know or the limitations of you beliefs. If you construct you beliefs in that way then they are complete and contain their own insecurities. They can be separate from you as if they were a book that you read and found interesting. And don't cheat yourself by allowing others to have strong opinions and then denying yourself the same because you are the other person to them as much as they are to you.