Dreams

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dreams

Post by fightinfrenchman »

SFP-BDE 3.2148-

This string of text came to me in a dream last night. I believe some higher power was trying to tell me something. Please do not remove/lock this thread, I intend on adding the actual contents of the first post once they are shown to me as well.

Edit: this post was edited by moderators, these are not precisely my words.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Re: SFP-BDE 3.2148-

Post by Djigit »

I honestly prefer Ear's poshtsh.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

What's crazy is I had the exact same dream.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jam wrote:What's crazy is I had the exact same dream.

Well I made the thread already
Canada Jam
Jaeger

Post by Jam »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

Yes, but you're still dreaming.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jam wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Yes, but you're still dreaming.

I wish
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

It has come to my attention that this thread is coming under fire. In order to remedy this, I give permission to use this thread to discuss dreams in general as I wait for the dream to explain what the thread was originally about. I will edit the OP to make this clear.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

I had a dream when i was about 12 i think.
A rock turned into a giant which I believe wanted to eat my me at the schools jarden/playground
Can't remember the end atm.

I owe a brand new cloth wash/dry machine atm... makes to much noise, kindly produce a podcast to compensate
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

dietschlander wrote:I had a dream when i was about 12 i think.
A rock turned into a giant which I believe wanted to eat my me at the schools jarden/playground
Can't remember the end atm.

I owe a brand new cloth wash/dry machine atm... makes to much noise, kindly produce a podcast to compensate

We may do one soon, hard at work on dance videos right now. We may even launch a Revolt podcast Patreon! Stay tuned for details.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I had a dream that felt so real. I was on a game show and won exactly $32k. I still believed that I had won the money long after I woke up.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

evilcheadar wrote:I had a dream that felt so real. I was on a game show and won exactly $32k. I still believed that I had won the money long after I woke up.

It's interesting how our brain creates then fixates on such arbitrarily specific things
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Dreams are neat things. It's like there's a 50/50 chance that you'll either get profound insight into your life and information that shouldn't even be possible for your subconscious to have, or an incomprehensible mishmash that makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with your brain.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Have you tried to get lucid dreams @fightinfrenchman?
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Canada Jam
Jaeger

Post by Jam »

I had a dream that I was dreaming, and then I woke up, and then I woke up.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

japanesegeneral wrote:Have you tried to get lucid dreams @fightinfrenchman?

I have tried in the past with limited success.

To update the original topic, I did not have any visions about what the thread was supposed to be about last night. Will try again tonight.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

try switching the shoulder you used to lay on, works for me and my brother
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Dreams

Post by Cometk »

deleted some off-topic posts, renamed the thread, and edited the OP to make sense. let's refocus this thread to dreams.

personally, i had a good swim workout yesterday and slept through the night like a rock.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Cometk wrote:deleted some off-topic posts, renamed the thread, and edited the OP to make sense. let's refocus this thread to dreams.

personally, i had a good swim workout yesterday and slept through the night like a rock.

Your post is off topic, this thread is about dreams and you didn't have any
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Cometk wrote:deleted some off-topic posts, renamed the thread, and edited the OP to make sense. let's refocus this thread to dreams.

Why rename the thread? The old title was an interesting message ear saw in one of his dreams. Something isn’t adding up here!
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Most of my dreams have a horror and/or science fiction theme. I've seen myself die in some of them.

Several years ago, I had this dream that really stuck with me. It was intense and very vivid. I was in an all white room with no windows and no furniture. A group of men dressed in all white came in and they were trying to take me somewhere. It was bad. It felt bad. Going with them to wherever they were taking me was going to be bad. As we were walking down this white hallway, I felt this urge to break away and run. I saw a ladder at the end of the hallway and I felt that if I could make it up the ladder, I would be okay. I was crying and begging the men to let me go. They laughed. They were talking about something, but the conversation is lost to me now. I used all the strength I could muster and broke away from the 2 men who were holding me. A guy tried to wrestle me to the ground, but I bit off his ear. I remember seeing the blood pouring and turning his white jacket red. The blood spattered against a wall and was all over the floor along with the ear. I was appalled that I did that. I caused that to happen. The contrast between the deep red blood against the stark white background was insanely vivid. I was still wrestling with a different guy while crying and apologizing for hurting the other guy and begging to be set free. I escaped somehow and ran down the hallway towards the ladder. Sirens were blazing, the lights were flashing. "She must not escape!" I heard someone yell right before I felt needles pierce my neck. Suddenly, I felt tired and dizzy. I felt like I could barely move. A voice inside of me kept telling me to reach the ladder. Climb the ladder! But I felt so weak and it seemed that it was so far. I ran, though my body felt like it wasn't moving and I could feel the men right behind me grasping at my clothes. I stripped them off as I moved towards the ladder. I made it to the ladder and climbed, all the while feeling fingertips brush against my legs and feet as the men tried to grasp me and pull me back down. There was a hatch at the very top of the ladder, which I pushed open with the final strength I had. I was suddenly blinded by sunlight and I collapsed onto the ground outside. I was in a field full of flowers and deep green grass. Suddenly, a group of children had surrounded me. "You must fly! This is the only way for you to escape." They said. "I can't fly. I have no more strength. I was drugged. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I can't save myself and I can't protect you." I replied. The men were now coming through the hatch. The group of children lifted me up and I felt the cool breeze hit my skin. "Please fly. Just fly" they chanted. Suddenly I felt wind rushing through my wings (apparently I had wings this whole time. I don't know) and I slowly rose above them. The men were running towards me, but I was slowly rising above them. I felt their hands brush against my skin as they jumped in the air trying to reach me and pull me down. Last thing I remember is looking down and seeing the group of men who looked angry, yet also terrified and the group of children who were smiling. I felt guilt, anger, hurt, sad, love, and free. Then I woke up.

Sometimes I visit this really great place in my dreams that looks like it came from the game of Riven. Click spoiler button for images. Those dreams tend to not be so scary, and I usually feel really peaceful and relaxed. It's weird because the Riven game is fairly ominous, but I guess those images just really resonated with me in a positive way.

[spoiler=Pics]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

You wrote awesome :flowers:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@XeeleeFlower It's interesting how in our dreams there are certain things we just "know" will happen with total certainty, you'd think that would be a clue that we're dreaming and wake up.

I had a very vivid and unpleasant dream that I just woke up from and still did not get the answers I was seeking.
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

Sweat dreams are made of these
give that guy a manual
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Stranger Things
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

I had several lucid dreams in my life theyre the best.