Why has the left imploded in modern times?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Why has the left imploded in modern times?

Post by InsectPoison »

"The last five to ten years have played host to an interesting phenomenon in world politics, with the lines between two sides of political viewpoints being more distinct. The so- called ‘war of ideas’ has touched base on every topic: foreign policy, war, feminism, immigration, and multiculturalism. One major aspect of the war of ideas is the change that political left has made, as liberals themselves appear to be divided and cannot agree on several topics. What is undeniable is that while on one side, traditional leftist ideas have been taken to the extreme, while on the other side liberals have abandoned their traditional principles without batting an eye.

One key area that the left has entirely capitulated on is foreign policy. Liberals, particularly in the United States, appeared to have entire surrendered to supporting whatever foreign adventure or intervention the military industrial complex dreams up. For all their many faults, liberals used to be reliable for one thing, and that was providing intense scrutiny and criticism for Western foreign policy, demanding that big powers be held accountable for their actions. However, when one observed the American adventures in Libya and Syria, it becomes apparent that this in no longer the case, least of all because it was supposedly liberal politicians like Clinton and Obama that supported intervention in those two countries.

The reality is even more bleak when we turn to cultural matters, where traditional leftist values such as multiculturalism, freedom of movement and cultural open- mindedness have not been abandoned but taken to the extreme. It appears to have become racist for a country to enforce the concept of borders and national sovereignty. For instance, anyone who questions the wisdom of EUs open- door policy towards immigration is deemed a xenophobe. Indeed, the supporting the very idea of the nation state has become taboo. Is it a coincidence that the key proponent of multicultural globalism is Belgium, one of the countries is Europe that is not a nation- state?

The grandest blunder on the part of the left however is neither with foreign policy nor immigration, but rather its broader embrace of the ‘outrage culture,’ something that involves the acceptance of slogans and narratives rather than actual truths. The rise of phrases such as ‘toxic masculinity’ or the ‘patriarchy’ have come due to the fact a culture of outrage has allowed them to exist and not be criticised. Being a victim is profession in and of itself, and there exists in almost all levels of society a mind frame where the potential to be offended is put first before anything else."

- Sir_musket

Thoughts?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Why has the left imploded in modern times?

Post by fightinfrenchman »

You are using the term "liberal" in a confusing way
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

fightinfrenchman wrote:You are using the term "liberal" in a confusing way

I should point out this isn't my statement.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Well it's pretty poorly thought out with no real central thesis and just generally filled with uncritical thoughts
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I don't understand the point of this thread. You're right leaning, so you disagree with people who are left leaning. Point being?
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

In my opinion, people are too quick to say that parties have "imploded". I've heard people say that the right or left has imploded but I'm just not seeing it.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Well, in the U.S. at least it seems like an over correction from the Clinton years, where Democrats and Republicans were virtually indistinguishable on everything except for some social policies. I expect the loud minorities will quiet down a bit when the midterm elections and the next presidential get closer and both parties start consolidating votes.

However I would not say it's an implosion, more of an identity crisis. What's going on with the Republicans in the US, well, that might actually be heading towards real implosion should they lose the midterms.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

It has gotten total out of control for past 5-10 years or so, almost to a point where I look at people below 25 with utter disgust.
Entitled punks burning mom and dads budget on a college, where all they learn is to play beer pong and use the opposite genders restroom in solidarity!

In between bong hits they complain about how broke they are.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Snuden wrote:It has gotten total out of control for past 5-10 years or so, almost to a point where I look at people below 25 with utter disgust.
Entitled punks burning mom and dads budget on a college, where all they learn is to play beer pong and use the opposite genders restroom in solidarity!

I don't even really do that

Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

evilcheadar wrote:
Snuden wrote:It has gotten total out of control for past 5-10 years or so, almost to a point where I look at people below 25 with utter disgust.

You probably will when you turn 18.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Snuden wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:

You probably will when you turn 18.

ye

Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

InsectPoison wrote:The grandest blunder on the part of the left however is neither with foreign policy nor immigration, but rather its broader embrace of the ‘outrage culture,’ something that involves the acceptance of slogans and narratives rather than actual truths. The rise of phrases such as ‘toxic masculinity’ or the ‘patriarchy’ have come due to the fact a culture of outrage has allowed them to exist and not be criticised. Being a victim is profession in and of itself, and there exists in almost all levels of society a mind frame where the potential to be offended is put first before anything else."

Thoughts?
I have never met anyone like this in real life. The internet and media make it seem more prevalent than it is. The large majority of people are not like this.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Implosion might be hyperbole. There has been a sharp and noteworthy shift away from leftism in recent years, however, their power structure is largely in tact. The Right is too 'principled' to fight institutional warfare the way the left does, which really means they're too cowardly. Because of this, the left still retains a lot of its strength. Unless the right is able to solidify its recent gains, these recent events will just be temporary set-backs for the left. For the most part this is just a tug o' war where both sides get sweeping victories every ten years, yet society always seems to drift further to the left.

This 'back and forwards' dynamic is very important in U.S. politics. It helps to understand the concept of 'non-interventionism.' In the United States both parties are 'liberal', but one side is more liberal than the other. Of course an intrinsic aspect of liberalism is its intense internationalism and capitalism which ruthlessly usurps traditional societal norms and replaces them with new institutions that relegate the country into a virtual vassal state. Just look at the overnight change in Japan to see this in effect. The reason I bring this up is because it means that neither side has an actual moral objection to war. The rule of thumb in U.S. politics is that the ruling party loves war, and the minority party loves peace; i.e., democrats were anti-war under Bush, and republicans were anti-war under Obama. It would be unfair to call interventionism an 'implosion' of the left, because non-interventionism was never an intrinsic part of the ideology.

Furthermore, concepts such as multiculturalism are generally just used as extensions of 'usurping societal norms' which I talked about earlier. If a country is 100% Spanish then it will always have that blood bond. It will always have that familial bond which out-bids all the riches of capitalism. This is very dangerous from the perspective of a ruler. In fact it shouldn't be put past the ruling class to attempt to remove ethnic homogeneity in a country with the express purpose of entrenching its control. In communist countries this is very blatant: Tibet and the Uyghers are facing genocide by the CCP, and the Soviet Union relocated millions of Russians into the Baltic states so as to suppress their national unity. In the West, I've only noticed two attempts at demographic warfare. The first was the failed attempt to mongrelize the Germans after the second world war. The second is in the United States where immigrants are supported mainly because they vote democrat. The fact that liberals are feeling a bit resistant to the left's new multicultural push is normal. That's where conservatives come from!
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

Post by mmTakezo »

the big problem in usa and canada its political correctnes ,you tube is full with videos on this topic
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Where is the quote in the OP from?
Pay more attention to detail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

mmTakezo wrote:the big problem in usa and canada its political correctnes ,you tube is full with videos on this topic

FEMINIST & SJW OWNED COMPILATION 2017 #2 (Destroyed Edition)
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Gendarme wrote:Where is the quote in the OP from?

OP has been updated
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

kek/10
Pay more attention to detail.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Amsel_ wrote: The second is in the United States where immigrants are supported mainly because they vote democrat.

That's putting chicken before the egg. Of course you're gonna vote for the party that's not actively trying to deport you and/or preventing your family from emigrating.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

gibson wrote:
mmTakezo wrote:the big problem in usa and canada its political correctnes ,you tube is full with videos on this topic

FEMINIST & SJW OWNED COMPILATION 2017 #2 (Destroyed Edition)

I like the added “destroyed edition” in parentheses. It suggests different “levels” of the same type of compilation video.

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

forgrin wrote:
Amsel_ wrote: The second is in the United States where immigrants are supported mainly because they vote democrat.

That's putting chicken before the egg. Of course you're gonna vote for the party that's not actively trying to deport you and/or preventing your family from emigrating.
Yea was about to say this.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

gibson wrote:
forgrin wrote:

Yea was about to say this.

Thank yourself for not doing so as you would have been wrong.
Loads of illegals voted Trump, only to see themselves and/or family being deported.

:flowers:
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

thomasgreen6 wrote:@deleted_user4

What's up?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:Loads of illegals voted Trump, only to see themselves and/or family being deported.

:flowers:

[citation needed]