Why has the left imploded in modern times?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Re: Why has the left imploded in modern times?

Post by thomasgreen6 »

deleted_user wrote:
thomasgreen6 wrote:@deleted_user4

What's up?

I summoned you to debate politics
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Snuden wrote:Loads of illegals voted Trump, only to see themselves and/or family being deported.

:flowers:

[citation needed]

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 6af18258e8
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 70606.html

And the list goes on...
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Snuden wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Snuden wrote:Loads of illegals voted Trump, only to see themselves and/or family being deported.

[citation needed]

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 6af18258e8
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 70606.html

And the list goes on...

Two of those are about the same situation, and none include illegal immigrants voting. Try again.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

"An undocumented immigrant whose wife voted for Donald Trump has been deported to Mexico amid the President's crackdown on people living in the US illegally."

Search for yourself dude.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:"An undocumented immigrant whose wife voted for Donald Trump has been deported to Mexico amid the President's crackdown on people living in the US illegally."

Search for yourself dude.

Yeah the wife wasn't an illegal immigrant
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Her family was... are you just trying to be an idiot now?
Go search, plenty of such cases.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:Her family was... are you just trying to be an idiot now?

You said "loads of illegals" voted, I'm wondering what evidence you have of that. What you presented was just someone making a dumb decision when voting.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

You said "loads of illegals" voted, I'm wondering what evidence you have of that. What you presented was just someone making a dumb decision when voting.

For the third time... go search for it yourself if you don't believe me.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

You cited sources for something that was irrelevant to your original claim, but now refuse to provide any? It's almost like you don't have sources!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You cited sources for something that was irrelevant to your original claim, but now refuse to provide any? It's almost like you don't have sources!

It's almost like you are too dumb to read. I said that Trump voters either got deported OR had family deported.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Snuden wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It's almost like you are too dumb to read. I said that Trump voters either got deported OR had family deported.

I agree some had family deported. You said that "loads of illegals" voted though, which isn't true.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I agree some had family deported. You said that "loads of illegals" voted though, which isn't true.

Ok... zzzz
[Sith] - Baphomet
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

Post by mmTakezo »

gibson wrote:
mmTakezo wrote:the big problem in usa and canada its political correctnes ,you tube is full with videos on this topic

FEMINIST & SJW OWNED COMPILATION 2017 #2 (Destroyed Edition)
exactly that's it
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't think the OP knows what it's arguing.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Man OP doesn't cheat
Pay more attention to detail.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Snuden wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Yea was about to say this.

Thank yourself for not doing so as you would have been wrong.
Loads of illegals voted Trump, only to see themselves and/or family being deported.

There are exceptions to every rule. Most people who have immigrated to the US tend to vote left.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think the problem is that in many countries 'left' has never even been a thing. Left or right are clear economical preferences. The 'implosion of left' is just a result of attributing other things to left people just like people associate 'conservative' with those incest farmer muricans.

Politically left is about economy. Generally left parties are less conservative, yet very right parties tend to prefer liberal points of view sometimes. That entire scale is fucked up and sometimes straight up hypocrite. If youre going to put any sort of political side in one edge of the scale its going to 'implode' because its just not well defined.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

momuuu wrote:I think the problem is that in many countries 'left' has never even been a thing. Left or right are clear economical preferences. The 'implosion of left' is just a result of attributing other things to left people just like people associate 'conservative' with those incest farmer muricans.

Politically left is about economy. Generally left parties are less conservative, yet very right parties tend to prefer liberal points of view sometimes. That entire scale is fucked up and sometimes straight up hypocrite. If youre going to put any sort of political side in one edge of the scale its going to 'implode' because its just not well defined.

This may be true in Europe but is not true in North America. In Canada at least (and arguably the US) the economic views of the major parties don't differ much. The primary difference is in social policy (climate change, recognition of indigenous people, immigration, etc). For example, the green party in Canada which is very pro-environment is actually quite conservative in fiscal policy.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:
momuuu wrote:I think the problem is that in many countries 'left' has never even been a thing. Left or right are clear economical preferences. The 'implosion of left' is just a result of attributing other things to left people just like people associate 'conservative' with those incest farmer muricans.

This may be true in Europe but is not true in North America. In Canada at least (and arguably the US) the economic views of the major parties don't differ much. The primary difference is in social policy (climate change, recognition of indigenous people, immigration, etc). For example, the green party in Canada which is very pro-environment is actually quite conservative in fiscal policy.

No. Those parties are progressive, not left. Left-right is an economical scale, if you think that being progressive is the same as being left then you will get confused and eventually start thinking the left imploded and shit.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

deleted_user wrote:

I don't think the OP knows what it's arguing.

That's good enough reason for debate
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

momuuu wrote:
forgrin wrote:

No. Those parties are progressive, not left. Left-right is an economical scale, if you think that being progressive is the same as being left then you will get confused and eventually start thinking the left imploded and shit.

Left-right is not purely economic. The term originates from early French republican politics and has always associated with "progressive" ideas vs stasis/order, regardless of whether that's economic ideas or social. You're getting left confused with liberal, which does refer more to a free-market heavy approach with some progressive social values thrown in.

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I had this exact discussion with my parents. It's confusing because what we view as liberal, the free market spirit, is more like economically conservative on the other side of the atlantic. The term liberal is used far more broadly in the USA.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:
momuuu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Left-right is not purely economic. The term originates from early French republican politics and has always associated with "progressive" ideas vs stasis/order, regardless of whether that's economic ideas or social. You're getting left confused with liberal, which does refer more to a free-market heavy approach with some progressive social values thrown in.

In common day usage the left-right mostly refers to the economical scale, while there is also the progressive vs conservative scale. Thats what any political test on the internet gives as result. In the USA I think slowly theyve just started to consider conservatives right and democrats left. In that case, left/right become ill defined meaningless terms.

That is the problem with this entire thread, it discusses the implosion of something that isnt and has never been clearly defined. If 'left' is simply the opinion of one of the two parties, the old left will implode and be replaced by the new left even though hardly anything happened.

The only modern defeat for left that I see is to populism. Unfortunately people vote with their own state in mind, and thus economical left aims at poor people. Those are the most susceptible to populism, so Id understand how a rise of populism and of relevance of related subjects (immigrants) could lead to a weakened left.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

momuuu wrote:
forgrin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

In common day usage the left-right mostly refers to the economical scale, while there is also the progressive vs conservative scale. Thats what any political test on the internet gives as result. In the USA I think slowly theyve just started to consider conservatives right and democrats left. In that case, left/right become ill defined meaningless terms.

That is the problem with this entire thread, it discusses the implosion of something that isnt and has never been clearly defined. If 'left' is simply the opinion of one of the two parties, the old left will implode and be replaced by the new left even though hardly anything happened.

The only modern defeat for left that I see is to populism. Unfortunately people vote with their own state in mind, and thus economical left aims at poor people. Those are the most susceptible to populism, so Id understand how a rise of populism and of relevance of related subjects (immigrants) could lead to a weakened left.

So it starts as a term with a soft meaning, then according to you transforms into a term with a hard meaning (purely economic), and now is a soft meaning again because people are conflating conservatives with right and liberals with left?

Or, a simpler explanation; left-right always meant both social and economic leanings. In Canada and the US the weighting is arguably more on social than economic. I don't know what it's like in the Netherlands, but in North America the term is much more strongly conflated with social issues and has been ever since the civil rights movements. Maybe it's different in Europe, but as I clearly stated in my first post, this is how it is in North America.

No Flag Dr. D1CK
Skirmisher

Post by Dr. D1CK »

Well EAR there was clearly substantial evidence of voter fraud causing millions of illegal votes to be cast for crooked Hillary in sad States like California. This is a fact routinely cited by Trump
"Build a man a fire, he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life"