Why has the left imploded in modern times?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Why has the left imploded in modern times?

Post by spanky4ever »

@The_amsel
"If progressives are such a threat then shouldn't they have gotten an even worse backlash?"
they are, in a big way. No media cover, and no backing from DNC, I would say that the DNC are working against them. As if the Berneys are a bigger threath than Trumpieatism. The DNC would rather loose to one of the right wing lunie tunes than let progressives in to the party. Even though the ppl want the Bernie politics. You go figure that one out!!!!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Amsel_ wrote:
gibson wrote:You do realize that most of what all politicians do is to get votes, right?

Yes, of course, but that's not my point. My point is that leftists are purposefully waging demographic warfare against the United States. If the republicans are trying to get votes by giving the rich tax cuts, and the democrats are trying to get votes by threatening America's very existence as a 'nation;' both of those are bad; but one of those is obviously a much bigger cause for alarm. I don't really care for political games or "but he did it too!" I'm just concerned about my country losing its sovereignty and identity.
Completely baseless,subjective,and fallacious. Come back with facts please
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Completely baseless, subjective, and fallacious. Come back when sober, please.
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:Completely baseless, subjective, and fallacious. Come back when sober, please.

come back when you have some good arguments :P
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

commies are suckt
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Googol wrote:commies are suckt

you 2, I would love to c if you have any good arguments. Really :unsure: But then again, I will not hold my breath :cry:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

I think its an good argument. commies are suckt thats very true.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Googol wrote:I think its an good argument. commies are suckt thats very true.

do not want to lecture you, but that is a conclution, and not an argument :lol:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

their units suckt, rusket lol.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

But with all seriousness, if you do support them, then you should visit an post communist country or visit NK if thats even possible.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

What's wrong with NK? Governments cake care of their people. Freedom is an edgy alt-right anarchist fantasy.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

Right.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Googol wrote:But with all seriousness, if you do support them, then you should visit an post communist country or visit NK if thats even possible.

I live in a Scandinavian country, and if you look it up, it is a social democracy (all of them are) and I would argue that there are no other countries that can compeat with that model. I challenge you to come up with better models of government :huh: And maybe you could give some arguments when your at it, - and not just some "conclutions". I would love to c them Googol :P Google it :biggrin:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor

Post by Googol »

Yeah scandivanian countries have high Gross domestic product, and the living quality is just very far ahead from the eastern european countries if you compare. But i was talking about communism the cause, that made eastern europe what it is today basically. So theres an misunderstanding.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Amsel_ wrote:
gibson wrote:You do realize that most of what all politicians do is to get votes, right?

Yes, of course, but that's not my point. My point is that leftists are purposefully waging demographic warfare against the United States. If the republicans are trying to get votes by giving the rich tax cuts, and the democrats are trying to get votes by threatening America's very existence as a 'nation;' both of those are bad; but one of those is obviously a much bigger cause for alarm. I don't really care for political games or "but he did it too!" I'm just concerned about my country losing its sovereignty and identity.

We are a nation of immigrants. America is not defined by a specific race or ethnicity, but by its dedication to liberty and small "d" democratic values. It's not "demographic warfare" and only helps our nation grow.

And real "leftists" generally are more anti-immigration then the Democratic party.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Amsel_ wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The lefties you are referring to is the Democratic Party, who are now being challenged all over the map, by real lefties. The Democratic Party establishment are not really left leaning. I would say they are more right wing than the most right wing party in my country. As far as I can jugde, both the Republican party and the Democratic party are bought by Big Corp. And this will go on, untill you overturn Citizen United, or untill the "progressives" get strong enough. :o

Again, I'm not really interested in partisan politics. It doesn't matter who is really 'left' or 'right.' But I will say that "progressives" are one of the most vehemently anti-border, pro-immigrant groups in American politics. Supporting them fights neither the disease, nor the symptoms. Most of them are actually in on the scheme too. In American politics, "progressives" are a sub-group of democrats, like how Trump-supporters are a sub-group of republicans.

I don't think anyone is proposing open borders (or is anti-border) who is taken seriously even on the left. Everyone agrees border security is necessary and that it'd certainly be better if illegal immigrants stopped coming in, but it seems to me that the democrats are much more willing to accept the truth that illegal immigrants exist in massive numbers and that just repeatedly deporting impoverished people, many of whom are borderline refugees, is not a solution to the problem. It hasn't worked at any time in the past and there's no reason to believe it'll start working if you just "build a wall" or whatever the Republicans are trying to do now. That's why many democrats talk about a pathway to citizenship, so that there can be a legal pathway for these people, who are going to enter the US whether you like it or not, to become productive citizens that help raise the country up rather than be a drag on its resources.

If anything, just pretending that continuously deporting increasing numbers of illegal immigrants will solve the problem is neither "fighting the disease nor the symptoms" as you put it. It certainly does nothing for the complex socioeconomic problems in places like Mexico, which the US has used and abused as a cheap labour pool for the last century, and now that the results of that treatment are coming North, Americans act indignant about the issue.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Gendarme wrote:Completely baseless, subjective, and fallacious. Come back when sober, please.
i mean would you take me seriously if I said that the Republican Party was a racist homophobic party who want the US to be an ethnically clean (white) country? Cause that’s just as ridiculous as saying what he said about the Democratic Party
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

gibson wrote:
i mean would you take me seriously if I said that the Republican Party was a racist homophobic party who want the US to be an ethnically clean (white) country? Cause that’s just as ridiculous as saying what he said about the Democratic Party

Well, if the shoe fits...
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

deleted_user wrote:Was the OP really from SirMusket?

yes
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

InsectPoison wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Was the OP really from SirMusket?

yes

Wrong. No obvious racism against other Eastern European countries.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It actually makes sense. He genuinely thinks he has a good understanding of the world, yet everything he spouts just proves otherwise. If you can’t understand that people who disagree with you ideologically have reasoned and rational reasons for their beliefs than you don’t have a good understanding of the world.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:btw, I will give a response to OP - because I like the way he/she is making a good point.
That's interesting, I found both the point and the way it was made severely lacking
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

tbh ngl
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Amsel_ wrote:

You're concerned about immigrants taking your country's sovereignty and identity? If you really think that "issue" is even in the top 10 of your country's most pressing concerns you are probably a victim of one of the more pressing ones: A disappearing line between politics and media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDYgKDJSybQ

Also Trump... and he counts as more than one
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Was there ever a line? Before the internet all information came from the MSM, right? It's perhaps just much more obvious now that we can compare MSM to unbiased reporters, in addition to the fact that they are threatened by the internet (hence the fake news-movement to crack down on independent journalism).