Where to eat cheap

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Where to eat cheap

Post by gibson »

So due to a few fiscally irresponsible decisions iv made recently iv got to eat cheaply for the next few weeks. There’s a Hardee’s right by my house so iv been eating a lot of their 2 for 4 breakfast sandwiches in the morning and their one dollar cheeseburgers from 2-5. Wendys 4 for 4 isn’t an option. The Wendy’s close to me sucks. In the words of my roommate, they have “these are the floppiest motherfucking fries iv ever fucking eaten” Sandwhiches from the grocery store are also on option. I can’t microwave anything due to the microwave being very dirty and the we’re waiting on maintenance to come fix our stove. I won’t eat Taco Bell or Krystal. What do you guys eat when you have to eat cheaply?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Where to eat cheap

Post by deleted_user0 »

boil pasta and eat with ketschup if you still feel too rich
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Just buy big pasta bag and pasta sauce and eat that for your meals like somppu said. It will be very cheap and last a while.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Stop buying ur food in:
Bakery
Restaurants
Fast food

!!!

boil pasta and eat with egg if you still feel too rich
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Yesh eat rice and pasta, they're cheap
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

what I've been eating basically the past couple months is 1 pan pasta with tomato sauce and soya mince. Its basically 1 meal that consists of 1600 calories and around 75 grams of protein in case you are into some sport. Its easy to cook (takes about 30 minutes), and super easy to clean up. Pasta, tomato sauce, soya mince, salt, onions, olive oil is all you need and it costs about 0,8 - 0,85 euro per pan. When you gonna eat cheaply because you are on a budget/don't have time/some other reason I'd suggest to take some multivitamins to fill your daily vitamin and mineral requirements. I'm using optisana to supplement my diet.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

God damn I already said I can’t use the stove and the microwave doesn’t work
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You just decided to spend $50 on a new microwave instead of just cleaning one and now you're asking how to eat cheap?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

gibson wrote:So due to a few fiscally irresponsible decisions iv made recently iv got to eat cheaply for the next few weeks. There’s a Hardee’s right by my house so iv been eating a lot of their 2 for 4 breakfast sandwiches in the morning and their one dollar cheeseburgers from 2-5. Wendys 4 for 4 isn’t an option. The Wendy’s close to me sucks. In the words of my roommate, they have “these are the floppiest motherfucking fries iv ever fucking eaten” Sandwhiches from the grocery store are also on option. I can’t microwave anything due to the microwave being very dirty and the we’re waiting on maintenance to come fix our stove. I won’t eat Taco Bell or Krystal. What do you guys eat when you have to eat cheaply?
The microwave doesn't work at all or it's just dirty? If it's the latter, go for Maruchan Yakisoba spciy chicken ramen. You get those for about 80 cents and you don't even need a clean microwave. Or go to a CookOut if you have one where you live.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:You just decided to spend $50 on a new microwave instead of just cleaning it and now you're asking how to eat cheap?

No iv been unable to buy a new microwave due to other irresponsible purchases
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Get this rice cooker: https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-Uncooked-Single-Serve-RC503/dp/B016Y8JS4K/ref=lp_678540011_1_8?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1527717805&sr=1-8

It can cook things that aren't rice like pasta and stuff (probably anyway, I've never tried to cook anything other than rice in a rice cooker). What irresponsible things have you purchased?
duck
:mds:
imo
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Djigit wrote:
gibson wrote:So due to a few fiscally irresponsible decisions iv made recently iv got to eat cheaply for the next few weeks. There’s a Hardee’s right by my house so iv been eating a lot of their 2 for 4 breakfast sandwiches in the morning and their one dollar cheeseburgers from 2-5. Wendys 4 for 4 isn’t an option. The Wendy’s close to me sucks. In the words of my roommate, they have “these are the floppiest motherfucking fries iv ever fucking eaten” Sandwhiches from the grocery store are also on option. I can’t microwave anything due to the microwave being very dirty and the we’re waiting on maintenance to come fix our stove. I won’t eat Taco Bell or Krystal. What do you guys eat when you have to eat cheaply?
The microwave doesn't work at all or it's just dirty? If it's the latter, go for Maruchan Yakisoba spciy chicken ramen. You get those for about 80 cents and you don't even need a clean microwave. Or go to a CookOut if you have one where you live.
im not going to put food in that fucking disgusting microwave and I’m not going to clean it on principle. If you want to debate that go to the other thread. I go to cookout occasionally and it’s decent and pretty cheap.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Vinyanenya wrote:Get this rice cooker: https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-Uncooked-Single-Serve-RC503/dp/B016Y8JS4K/ref=lp_678540011_1_8?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1527717805&sr=1-8

It can cook things that aren't rice like pasta and stuff (probably anyway, I've never tried to cook anything other than rice in a rice cooker). What irresponsible things have you purchased?
not a bad idea as rice is dirt cheap. I don’t want to say because I will be attacked for my purchases.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Asian food is probably the cheapest in relation to the portions
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I can actually buy a rice cooker from my job for 8 bucks
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

gibson wrote:I can actually buy a rice cooker from my job for 8 bucks
Is thish your way of getting out of your responshiblities?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Bread, beans, vegetables, fruit, water, biscuits, fresh cheese and yogurt are all cheap and require no cooking. Yup, i’m trying to make you turn vegetarian :flowers:
(Obvioulsy you’ll also need olive oil and salt)
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

My 10kg bag of rice is still going after 8 months.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

What i've learn't from this thread is thatAmerica has way too many different fast food restaurant.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Ive always thought people in the USA seem to mention fast food places awfully much. I suspect they order or go get premade food more frequently than at least the dutch - there are many people that only order food once a month. Though that could just be esoc's particular population.

If you cant cook you can still eat bread in the morning and afternoon, so that'd be step one of survival. Then I guess salads are reasonably nutricious/cheap as those are basically the best thing you can make without a stove.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

momuuu wrote:Ive always thought people in the USA seem to mention fast food places awfully much. I suspect they order or go get premade food more frequently than at least the dutch - there are many people that only order food once a month. Though that could just be esoc's particular population.

If you cant cook you can still eat bread in the morning and afternoon, so that'd be step one of survival. Then I guess salads are reasonably nutricious/cheap as those are basically the best thing you can make without a stove.

We are able to afford getting food from restaurants more due to our significantly higher GDP per capita.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I’m a great cook but I work 30 hours a week and am in school so I’m too lazy
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I forgot to mention that fasting is your cheapest option :!:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

momuuu wrote:Ive always thought people in the USA seem to mention fast food places awfully much. I suspect they order or go get premade food more frequently than at least the dutch - there are many people that only order food once a month. Though that could just be esoc's particular population.

I might be overgeneralizing but vegetables and healthy food in general are not that affordable in the USA (especially for students) compared to France for example. Americans are quite busy and they don't have time to waste cooking. Fast food chains are definitely not healthier, but they provide the daily calories for about the same price as if you purchased and cooked fresh food.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Dont eat worse, earn more money.