Check out my website

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Re: Check out my website

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I choose to be more of an individualist rather than a group thinker in this particular case. Not in all cases, but in this one, I do. My bad xD

Yeah it is your bad, it's actually pretty awful

If you have your vaccine, why are you worried?
c0ns!
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@vardar he's concerned about the welfare of others
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@Cometk concerned of others who do not have vaccines? Who are these others?
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

vardar wrote:@Cometk concerned of others who do not have vaccines? Who are these others?

Some people cannot get vaccines due to health reasons. These people are protected by herd immunity if everybody else gets their vaccines, because it stops diseases from spreading.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Too much ear wax can also be bad for one's health.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Gendarme wrote:Too much ear wax can also be bad for one's health.

Yesh I recommend regularly cleaning out your ears with hydrogen peroxide to keep the wax at bay.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@fightinfrenchman this is a pointless discussion. I am going to come back with something, you will come back with something, and in the end we come to nothing. So instead I agree to disagree.

Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed taking a look at my site!
c0ns!
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:@Cometk concerned of others who do not have vaccines? Who are these others?

Some people cannot get vaccines due to health reasons. These people are protected by herd immunity if everybody else gets their vaccines, because it stops diseases from spreading.

Herd immunity also benefits you if you do get vaccinated but the vaccine has a sub-100% effectiveness rate, or if you're a kid whose parents won't let you get vaccinated.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman this is a pointless discussion. I am going to come back with something, you will come back with something, and in the end we come to nothing. So instead I agree to disagree.

Sounds fair: I think measles are bad, whereas you think they are good.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman this is a pointless discussion. I am going to come back with something, you will come back with something, and in the end we come to nothing. So instead I agree to disagree.

Sounds fair: I think measles are bad, whereas you think they are good.

Correct, very good conclusion to this wonderful discussion
c0ns!
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I think a lot of products and medications brought to us through human ingenuity need a lot more respect. Indeed many have profited off of techniques and methods that make modern life possible, particularly in agriculture. That's not always a bad thing since it allows people in many places to live. We couldn't feed the world population without the Haber-Bosch process. This process is about as "unnatural" as it gets-- being made possible through clever manipulation of temperature and pressure under certain conditions.

In my opinion, the "naturalness" of a product, treatment or process means nothing. Simply consider the evidence and make the reasonable choice of what you use based off of that evidence. Homeopathic medicine tends to make a lot of claims but fails to run the gauntlet of comprehensive scientific inquiry.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Update: started my first blog, if you will. Check it out and see whats going on 8000ft up

Trying to find a nice style that fits right for these so bare with

https://www.mitchellday.net/
c0ns!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

You should look into your meta tags. Meta tags help Google to understand what you post/page is about.
Another thing you might want to look into is making your post urls as clean as possible.

If you haven't already, you should create a sitemap and submit to Google.
Attachments
meta.png
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

You should also install Google analytics and link it to your webmaster tools.
In the webmaster tools you can see how many pages are indexed, if there are any critical errors, how you rank in Google, etc...
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Last but not least...!

Also look into how Wix creates xml feeds, once you have a feed you can submit it to aggregators in your niche.
Wordpress automatically create the feed and can be found at domain/feed - seems not to be the case with Wix.
Attachments
xml feed.png
[Sith] - Baphomet
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@Snuden

Thank you thank you, this stuff is nice. This will be on my to do list tomorrow

I bet ill have questions for you. Im not very tech savvy so all of this is a process
c0ns!
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

vardar wrote:@oxaloacetate I am not against using many of the drugs you listed on occasion, there is a time and a place. There is a problem though. People rely on them way too much and most importantly, healthcare should not be a multi billion dollar "business." Where doctors are bribed to be used as "pill mills" for particular drug companies. I'm sure you are familiar.
https://www.northpointrecovery.com/blog ... ed-states/

I totally agree. These are good thoughts and being sceptical is not a bad thing.

vardar wrote:But, there are natural resources on this earth that we can use to live healthy and productive lives as well. One of these options are essential oils.

If essential oils was produced by big pharma, would you still advocate it? Although being fairly inexpensive, there are still people monetizing of essential oils, right?

vardar wrote:I have not taken any synthetic drug in years and, admittedly, have no vaccines. Not that vaccines give you autism or anything, but it is the route my family has taken and the route I am now taking on my own will. You'd be surprised on some of the things people have said because of my lack of vaccines and dislike for drugs such as Advil, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, etc.

We are young, healthy and in-shape. It is unlikely for us to be ill enough to need treatment. I haven't taken any pain killers in years either. However, it is due to not being sufficiently ill - not a statement.

vardar wrote:Hope this gives some clarity and I can always give you a myriad of links to interesting studies and discussions on the usage of essential oils. They do a bit more than act "a little bit like yoga and meditation" haha

Please do.

vardar wrote:As far as the vaccine question, I really have no qualms with it. But when the government mandates vaccines is when I have a problem. Let people decide there own path in regards to health. Just educate and then let them decide.

Good. I hope you continuously reevaluate your position. I once spoke to a mom who refused her kids vaccines due to disease in question being rare. Which is logically flawed, because it is made rare by vaccines.

Let me pose a question: There's a sick child. The little boy of two years old has a chronic condition to which blood transfusion is the cure. The parents however are Jehova's witnesses and refuse the procedure, as it goes against their books.

Do you still think 'just educating them and then let them decide' to be a valid mode of action?

Oxa. :smile:
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

This guy is an anti-vaxxer , everything he says should be ignored. His website is probably a platform to eventually scam people out of their money through these herbal bs stuff.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

lol
Lancer

Post by vardar »

InsectPoison wrote:This guy is an anti-vaxxer , everything he says should be ignored. His website is probably a platform to eventually scam people out of their money through these herbal bs stuff.

This is why I was skeptical of putting it up here. People like you, sadly. Do you really think my goal of this is to scam people? Did you even read the whole reason I am doing this?
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@oxaloacetate big pharma cannot, or I should say, will most likely not sell essential oils.

This is because you cannot patent essential oils, because they are a basic form of life. No patent = no income. There can be no monopoly, to an extent.

It would be awesome if they did though. I would be 100% for it, as long as they keep the oils pure and not 80% water 20% peppermint, for example.

There are companies that "monetize" it. For example: Doterra, YoungLiving, Aura Cacia, Plant Therapy, Rocky Mountain Oils, Now Essential Oils. It is a very friendly environment that revolves around the health of the user.

People call it a scam because they are ignorant and rarely is it because they do their due diligence and research before coming to a claim. Very biased based on what they have lived around
c0ns!
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

InsectPoison wrote:This guy is an anti-vaxxer , everything he says should be ignored. His website is probably a platform to eventually scam people out of their money through these herbal bs stuff.

If you think this guy is anti anti-vaxxer, you have very limited experience with the topic. Please stop being an idiot. It is actually you who communicate like an ideolog now.

@vardar: what is your opinion of my question at the bottom of my post?
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@oxaloacetate this is where I have a hard time drawing the line. I used to be very Christian, as my parents are. But I am not so much anymore and it has changed my views on religion. To be honest, I am actually quite skeptical of religion now.

But to answer your question: most of me wants to say, it is a parent's right to refuse the treatment based on their religious views. If they are considered mentally sound anyways. When we begin to take away parent's and individual's rights of what to do with their lives, their children's lives, it is not a good spot to be in. Just because something is to be considered the newest way, does not mean it can be forced upon others. Let them decide. Educate and if the majority of people find it safe and the best for themselves and their children, great. But that doesnt mean you can force this upon everyone, even if it is a small minority.

Saying this, I do believe there are incidences where there is no say. Such as car insurance, where it has nothing to do with one's direct heath or well-being. If you want to own a car, be prepared to have extra costs via insurance. The biggest example of this would be taxes, no one really wants to pay, but you have to.

This makes it seem like I am all for the parent's choice in regards to your question. But really, I'm not. I definitely lean that way but still have some uncertainty
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

vardar wrote:@oxaloacetate this is where I have a hard time drawing the line. I used to be very Christian, as my parents are. But I am not so much anymore and it has changed my views on religion. To be honest, I am actually quite skeptical of religion now.

But to answer your question: most of me wants to say, it is a parent's right to refuse the treatment based on their religious views. If they are considered mentally sound anyways. When we begin to take away parent's and individual's rights of what to do with their lives, their children's lives, it is not a good spot to be in. Just because something is to be considered the newest way, does not mean it can be forced upon others. Let them decide. Educate and if the majority of people find it safe and the best for themselves and their children, great. But that doesnt mean you can force this upon everyone, even if it is a small minority.

Saying this, I do believe there are incidences where there is no say. Such as car insurance, where it has nothing to do with one's direct heath or well-being. If you want to own a car, be prepared to have extra costs via insurance. The biggest example of this would be taxes, no one really wants to pay, but you have to.

This makes it seem like I am all for the parent's choice in regards to your question. But really, I'm not. I definitely lean that way but still have some uncertainty

Life-saving medical treatment for a child should be subservient to parents' religious views but car insurance... wew lad, now that's mandatory.

I'm for respecting peoples' rights as you seem to be too. In the case of the dying child that is to serve his right to life, not a supposed right another person (even a biological parent) has over him. How cruel is everyone's god if they damn a damn kid anyways.

Kids can't make decisions so they are subject to their parents' wills. Is the parent's will infallible? No. Is the group will, consensus, (vaccinations, modern medicine) infallible? No. But which is less so? Something about opinions cannot be truer but can be better. The scientific process to discern facts about the world is some sort of marvel and shouldn't be discarded so easily. Evidence and statistics and probability can give us a good idea of things -- of treatment success rates, risks, etc. Hundreds of thousands of experts have devoted their learning lives to learn these things and have come to the same conclusion (I'm talking now of vaccinations). I mean we've eliminated entire diseases from entire continents with this shit.

I guess what I'm saying is parents don't always make the best decision that most benefits their child in the objective and extreme sense of our scenario -- that living is better than dying. In that outlier blood-transfusion case, every day arbitrariness notwithstanding, a better opinion exists and the parents relinquish their "rights" to the kid's life. This is true of vaccinations as well.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

deleted_user wrote:
vardar wrote:@oxaloacetate this is where I have a hard time drawing the line. I used to be very Christian, as my parents are. But I am not so much anymore and it has changed my views on religion. To be honest, I am actually quite skeptical of religion now.

Life-saving medical treatment for a child should be subservient to parents' religious views but car insurance... wew lad, now that's mandatory.

I'm for respecting peoples' rights as you seem to be too. In the case of the dying child that is to serve his right to life, not a supposed right another person (even a biological parent) has over him. How cruel is everyone's god if they damn a damn kid anyways.

Exactly the reason I am more skeptic now. When it comes to life saving situations, yes choice might have to be thrown to the wayside. BUT, are you religious? Maybe you do not understand how much religion means to some people? It is a very very big deal to some. Religion, to some, is not some fun game you have or some ideology that doesnt mean much. It is what drives them and now you are forcing them to go against their very core beliefs?

EDIT: this just came to me. What if somebody's core religious beliefs were to sacrifice their 10 year old child in the name of their god? Makes it much different. Do we let them? I would say no. But this is a different situation I guess. Where it is basically murder whereas refusing a blood transfusion is not directly "murder" and the parent's goal is not for their child to die. Hmm
c0ns!