Game of Thrones- season 6

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Game of Thrones- season 6

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol what about his brother... he just ripped a guys head + spinal cord out of a body bloody immortal kombat execution style lol XD
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

The 2 brothers have the sickest combos. But WWE did that before it was kewl.

[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Also in my opinion I kind of like this faster pace, but not at the sacrifice of good writing, which seems to be the case already :/
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Yes, I kinda enjoy the new pacing to be honest. The show's plot has kinda been getting worse so speeding things up helps a bit. Iv'e been enjoying Silicon Valley more than GOT for at least 2 seasons now.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:I would expect as it gets more populR actors/actresses demand more $$ and you can't let a main character walk away, idk.
kill off the big actors actresses characters, that solves that
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Well I'd imagine the battle of ice this week cost a huge chunk of their budget (cgi giant slaying Boltons anyone?) and if they go through with the battle of fire in episode 10 plus Cersei burning the sept that would be another huge chunk of budget
mad cuz bad
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Dayum, that episode was op
r]
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I felt just a tiny bit sorry for ramsey. Even for a completely awful human being that's a tough way to go. It's probably just because we're an episode or two removed from him doing something awful though. If it had happened right after he fed his step mum and brother to the hounds I probably would have cheered.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

way better than last week. but why did ramsay shoot the giant instead of john?
Top quality poster.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Laurence Drake wrote:way better than last week. but why did ramsay shoot the giant instead of john?

He would just get resurrected again :ugly:
r]
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Gichtenlord wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:way better than last week. but why did ramsay shoot the giant instead of john?

He would just get resurrected again :ugly:

true lol
Top quality poster.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

[spoiler=spoiler]pretty good episode. They did kinda stole some ideas for the battle from other films tho :P The archer scene where ramsey makes them shoot on their own comrades: Braveheart, the circling scene where the boltons surround the "Starks" : Lord of the rings.
Also seing this makes it obvious why they run into budget problems. Those were battle scenes better than in some movies. Also I was so sure that house Umber would betray the Boltons. But well, I guess they wanted to keep it simple. House Manderly didnt even participate in the fights, which isnt really realistic.[/spoiler]
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yea it was quite cool though I'm also dissapointed that there was nothing behind that weird karstark-rickon thing. I guess they didnt have the time to fit that extra layer.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

good insite umeo! have a like
Top quality poster.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

gibson wrote:I felt just a tiny bit sorry for ramsey. Even for a completely awful human being that's a tough way to go. It's probably just because we're an episode or two removed from him doing something awful though. If it had happened right after he fed his step mum and brother to the hounds I probably would have cheered.

I hoped they would shoot the hounds while they were half way through, then just leave him a bloody mess to die of blood loss or infection. And i useually hate Gorey scenes, it goes to show how good a job they did with the character imo.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Also why the fuck did rickon run in a straight line, just zig zag in all directions and its impossible to hit you
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Good episode. I was a little disappointed that 1- the Knights of the Vale save was too predictable and 2-where the fuck was ghost? Every big battle with Robb was him and his wolf wrecking shit. Biggest battle for Jon and his trusty companion isn't even on the field.
mad cuz bad
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

n0eL wrote:Good episode. I was a little disappointed that 1- the Knights of the Vale save was too predictable and 2-where the fuck was ghost? Every big battle with Robb was him and his wolf wrecking shit. Biggest battle for Jon and his trusty companion isn't even on the field.

they didnt want to kill him :) so they left him out
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I was hoping that ghost would kill ramsey......
Jaeger

Daenerys is particularly hot in that one. I wish she rided rode my dragon.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

n0eL wrote:Good episode. I was a little disappointed that 1- the Knights of the Vale save was too predictable and 2-where the fuck was ghost? Every big battle with Robb was him and his wolf wrecking shit. Biggest battle for Jon and his trusty companion isn't even on the field.

I agree, the knight of the vale save was so obvious but still, I thought Jon was going to die again.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

to be honest i think it was obvious but still well done because at the end i kinda started to doubt whether we would be Martined again, and that they would just lose like Stannis. But Jon is too well-armored i guess. But I thought the same about rickon, and look how that turned out.

The Ghost part is something i noticed too, at first I thought Ramsey would set the dogs on rickon, and Jon would set Ghost loose to save Rickon and we'd have an epic animal fight where ghost reks a pack of dogs. Then in the battle I thought for sure he would be fighting but meh... I suppose Ghost demanded a increase of dog biscuits, and HBO couldnt afford to pay the raise...

Other than that the fight was pretty epic. Much better than that dance recital they dared to call the Tower of Joy battle...
Jaeger

Daenerys, Tyrion, Missandei and Van der Wiel are so cocky !
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I guess I'm the only one but idk, meh. Liked the Dany part, didn't like the Jon part. Technically (and by that I mean the effects and the individual fight scenes) it was a good fight but it had a lot of issues and I feel like all this hype is undeserved.
- How did not a single arrow hit Jon?
- How did they manage to get surrounded by a fruiting phalanx??
- Bodies don't pile up that way in open field.
- There was no battle strategy there at all. They were going to dig trenches to keep their flanks safe, for one.
- Giant could've done way more damage if he didn't just stand around and flailed his arms around without a weapon.

Maybe I played too much total war but fuck that was disappointing. Also nice dodge, Rickon..
Jaeger

Just to clear up any doubt, you know what fiction means, right ?