Game of Thrones- season 6

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Re: Game of Thrones- season 6

Post by Zhanson10 »

Dany's storyline has been halted for a long time because George RR Martin originally intended to have her come to westeros in book three. His plan was to end book two and have book three commence five years later, but he couldn't successfully reengage the plot line so he decided to tell the in-between story, which means we get to have extra books and seasons.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I've gotten a bit bored of her story line Tbh
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

gibson wrote:I've gotten a bit bored of her story line Tbh

i dont like her
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lordraphael wrote:

i dont like her
Probably because she's an entitled little shit..... No one likes people like her irl although I guess she lives in a completely different culture.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

gibson wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

i dont like her
Probably because she's an entitled little shit..... No one likes people like her irl although I guess she lives in a completely different culture.

her actress is just bad
Top quality poster.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Worst episode of the season.
Top quality poster.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

King Tommen first of his name and slayer of hype. Oh well now Cersei will burn down the sept. Dany continues to suck and it's clear to me now that D&D have no clue what to do. With no more source material they are clearly taking the shortest route to the end. Closing plot points with little to no effort (arya / blackfish). Next week better be hardhome / blackwater levels of epicness
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The last two haven't been so great...... Besides the hound
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The Hound has probably single-handedly made these last two episodes worth watching. I'm still enjoying the series very much, but like a lot of fans, found myself very disappointed by Arya's entire arc which had the potential to be so much more badass than it was.

All this will be moot though after next episode which I think might be the best of the entire series.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

n0eL wrote:King Tommen first of his name and slayer of hype. Oh well now Cersei will burn down the sept. Dany continues to suck and it's clear to me now that D&D have no clue what to do. With no more source material they are clearly taking the shortest route to the end. Closing plot points with little to no effort (arya / blackfish). Next week better be hardhome / blackwater levels of epicness
Yeah it's pretty much exactly what I was afraid of. They are going way too fast. Must be running into budget limitations, I mean what else would be stopping this show from having 12 seasons? The audience certainly isn't going anywhere.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:
n0eL wrote:King Tommen first of his name and slayer of hype. Oh well now Cersei will burn down the sept. Dany continues to suck and it's clear to me now that D&D have no clue what to do. With no more source material they are clearly taking the shortest route to the end. Closing plot points with little to no effort (arya / blackfish). Next week better be hardhome / blackwater levels of epicness
Yeah it's pretty much exactly what I was afraid of. They are going way too fast. Must be running into budget limitations, I mean what else would be stopping this show from having 12 seasons? The audience certainly isn't going anywhere.

ye its the budget. The cost for each episode increase tremendously, so I have heard. Apparently they will even decrease season 7th or 8th lenght to only 7 episodes.
The Blackfishs demise was so disappointing. I dont know but I dont think that the Blackfish would abandon his own kind and choose death isntead of helping Sansa. Thats just not his character.
In the book he even hoists the colors of house stark alongside the Tully banner. He just wouldnt choose death when theres still sth to fight for. So sad.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Goodspeed wrote:

If they were trying to quickly end the series, they wouldn't have put in two episodes of filler for Arya's arc. The writing is just a lot poorer when there's no source material to base it on.
Top quality poster.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That too.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Blackfish was such a great character for the 2 episodes we saw him. Wish we could see more.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Blackfish- haven't had a good sword fight in a while.
Cut to Jamie- where's the blackfish?
Rando soldier - he dead

#DnDlogic
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I seriously dont know what you whiners are whining about? This must be the best series of all time! and every episode is fantastic :love:
I only dread the time when we will not have more of them :cry:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:I seriously dont know what you whiners are whining about? This must be the best series of all time! and every episode is fantastic :love:
Then it would be a concern to you if they are going too fast, no?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:I seriously dont know what you whiners are whining about? This must be the best series of all time! and every episode is fantastic :love:

yeah - take your time - loving it :love:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

please don't tell me you thought arya's storyline this season was believable.
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Laurence Drake wrote:

please don't tell me you thought arya's storyline this season was believable.

Seriously - I will believe anything from a fantasy story - just keep them coming :love:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

yeah - take your time - loving it :love:
Well they aren't taking their time, is my point. Not enough for my taste anyway.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

ye its the budget. The cost for each episode increase tremendously, so I have heard. Apparently they will even decrease season 7th or 8th lenght to only 7 episodes.
The Blackfishs demise was so disappointing. I dont know but I dont think that the Blackfish would abandon his own kind and choose death isntead of helping Sansa. Thats just not his character.
In the book he even hoists the colors of house stark alongside the Tully banner. He just wouldnt choose death when theres still sth to fight for. So sad.

ye quite alot of garbage in this series :/

also the arya storyline is so wtf now... they totally massacred something that couldve been way awesome...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:

but if they are so popular, why arent they making so much money that they cant support the budget?! (yeye i know, i stream too XD but still)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I would expect as it gets more populR actors/actresses demand more $$ and you can't let a main character walk away, idk.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Tommen is a bloody weakling and the beheading the Mountain carried out was kewl and quite unrealistic.