Man i dont understand

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Man i dont understand

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

in aoe3 they say that Janissaries are slaves but its not treu slaves arent paid well they cant were expensive and fashion clothes slaves are not strong to . In the ottoman empire being a Janissarie means being rich and honorable ,being Janissarie was something like saving your life being rich and sometimes controll the land or the empire .if somebody will ask me do you want be farmer or a Janissarie i will say- Janissarie- ofc i mean what sort slavery is Janissarie rich and honorable slaves???

slave: is a legal or economic system in which principles of property law are applied to humans allowing them to be classified as property, to be owned, bought and sold accordingly, and they cannot withdraw unilaterally from the arrangement. While a person is enslaved, the owner is entitled to the productivity of the slave's labour, without any remuneration. The rights and protection of the slave may be regulated by laws and customs in a particular time and place, and a person may become a slave from the time of their capture, purchase or birth.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Re: Man i dont understand

Post by hunter »

The original jannissaries were christian slaves. Later they became the elite unit and personal bodyguard of the sultan. During this time they were most often hereditary and corrupt
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

yes, 1 kid of the 5 kids were taken by the ottoman empire (not from farmers and jews) and the otto give them a good education about islam science and being soldier but is this slavery thats the question i think
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

They were actually forced to learn islam, serve in army, etc so its one kind of slavery, besides they were prisoners of war, so the victors always treat them like slaves only.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If I said I love you, would you say I love you back? @LONEWOLF123
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

LONEWOLF123 wrote:yes, 1 kid of the 5 kids were taken by the ottoman empire (not from farmers and jews) and the otto give them a good education about islam science and being soldier but is this slavery thats the question i think

Interesting. Do you also know why they didn't take from jews?
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

yes beacuse jews pays more and the ottoman empire dont see them like wariors ,they say they are for the city bec most of them are dealing with trade
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Another Turkish revisionist...

If you don't call seizing young boys from the Balkans, forcing them to convert to Islam, and conscripting them into the armed forces slavery, I don't know what slavery is.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

There is even a textbox on ESO. (Top right)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It's about how you define slavery. If it was a wanted thing in reality, then maybe you could say these kids are blessed to get that opportunity. But that depends mostly on if they'd be allowed to turn it down.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

That's premium quality slavery compared to what the western powers have done if you think about it.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

They tried that with a boy named Vlad once, it didn't work out so well.
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

Papist wrote:Another Turkish revisionist...

If you don't call seizing young boys from the Balkans, forcing them to convert to Islam, and conscripting them into the armed forces slavery, I don't know what slavery is.

if you want to prove that my info is not true-false you have to do more than saying "Another Turkish revisionist..."
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

Jam wrote:They tried that with a boy named Vlad once, it didn't work out so well.

yes lol , but he is trained in a other school not by Turkish familys and not by janisary camps , he was in a palace in edirne (edirne palace) its diferent but its sad to see something like that , i mean you study in a palace and years later you turn in to a monster :hmm:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

took you some time to come up with a good response, huh?
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:took you some time to come up with a good response, huh?

lol fun fact : i tought somebody was gona say this
and thx
stroy: i was bussy with some annouying acount things
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

LONEWOLF123 wrote:
Jam wrote:They tried that with a boy named Vlad once, it didn't work out so well.

yes lol , but he is trained in a other school not by Turkish familys and not by janisary camps , he was in a palace in edirne (edirne palace) its diferent but its sad to see something like that , i mean you study in a palace and years later you turn in to a monster :hmm:
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Fun Fact of the Day:
Invading people's countries tends to make them unhappy with you.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Fun Fact of the Day:

Sir_Musket, come Skype/ESO.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mimsy for President wrote:That's premium quality slavery compared to what the western powers have done if you think about it.

Yes, if you're talking about the Jannidaries. But I imagine thry had regular slaves as well.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Fun Fact of the Day:

my friend america asks if those facts are legit
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Lonewolf is right.

slavery: a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

In high medieval ages(time period of aoe3) janissaries had such dominant power they could choose new ruler or throw/kill current ones. They would also make trade and take tribute from their local people. In early periods, Mehmed II established such good centralization it kept a firm empire a while. You look from modern individual perspectif; for an example your ideas would call a serf "slave" but not it is not; it is called serf for its special period. In Ottoman, basically everyone belongs to god so everyone is slave of the god's shadow: Sultan.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

HUMMAN wrote:Lonewolf is right.

slavery: a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

In high medieval ages(time period of aoe3) janissaries had such dominant power they could choose new ruler or throw/kill current ones. They would also make trade and take tribute from their local people. In early periods, Mehmed II established such good centralization it kept a firm empire a while. You look from modern individual perspectif; for an example your ideas would call a serf "slave" but not it is not; it is called serf for its special period. In Ottoman, basically everyone belongs to god so everyone is slave of the god's shadow: Sultan.

Well since they were property of the monarch they were slaves, although certainly not in a traditional sense. As the years went by, their "ownership" became more and more symbolic, but since they were still property I think they were slaves until they became the Mamluks
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

And i say no; it destroys concept when you call a specific name with simpler one. We are in a sense slaves of modern culture, working for money; but its more a side meaning, we are not making literature arguing. As i said, everything in ottomon was property of monarch. Unlike West culture there was no feodal concept. No land owners, no right to rule etc. What do we call working slaves in ottoman then, "super slaves"?