Westworld

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Westworld

Post by edeholland »

What do you think about season 2 so far?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

I prefered the first season, because there was a bigger emphasis on the ethical question if advanced AI can be conscious, while second season appears to me to be more action-ish.
r]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Gichtenlord wrote:I preferred the first season, because there was a bigger emphasive on the ethical question if advanced AI can be conscious, while second season appears to me to be more action-ish.

i agree
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

wtf... why cant i edit my posts anymore?

anyway wanted to say

it seems like westworld is becoming a victim of its own success. more people watch it, so they make it easier accessible, aka dumb it down, which sux... vikings did this too. and many other shows
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

It was in archive, which could be why you couldn't edit your post. I moved it to offtopic.

Season 1 was just laying the groundwork for a much bigger story. I've enjoyed season 2 thus far, but am a little behind.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Season 1 was laying the groundwork, yes, but the show could have ended there and I would have been fine with it.

Season 2 is more focused on action, but the writing itself is also a bit lazy I feel. [spoiler=Slight spoilers]Dolores had mostly cheesy dialogue, Meaves whole encounter with the samurai felt really forced and the Delos security is a joke. They can't hit a single host, they attack a fort in broad daylight by slowly walking into the enemy fire and one of them even gets seduced by a female host.[/spoiler]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

maybe include spoiler tags.

[spoiler=spoiler]but i agree! especially that last thing was so ridiculous. this guy is supposed to be a trained killer lol. maybe in a situation where he hadnt just been in a fucking gunfight with her, and had orders to kill her... but that was just meh[

the quality of delos security is all the funnier considering that this cowboy owner of the park just murders every host he comes across, never missing a shot lol with a revolver even[/spoiler]
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Sadly, season 2 seem to be more masturbatory material, rather than the sci-fi/pseudo-intellectual direction I hope it would take. Also the jumbled up time-line seems even more useless now as there`s barely any mystery as to what`s going on.
Has the quality of shows dropped on HBO? I can`t remember a recent one that I`ve enjoyed throughout.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

I don't think that Delos security is anticipating hosts with their skills turned to the max. They are basically fighting superhumans, they should get demolished. Plus they are likely arrogant private contractor types who think they are invincible.

For the seduction in the CR4DL, they said they can't have any gunfire there, or it will explode. Go back and watch it again. Being seduced is obviously stupid he cant really shoot her so what option is there.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

n0el wrote:I don't think that Delos security is anticipating hosts with their skills turned to the max. They are basically fighting superhumans, they should get demolished. Plus they are likely arrogant private contractor types who think they are invincible.

For the seduction in the CR4DL, they said they can't have any gunfire there, or it will explode. Go back and watch it again. Being seduced is obviously stupid he cant really shoot her so what option is there.

why doesnt the cowboy owner get destroyed? if a few of them can create such a level of destruction, why didnt they do the same to the team that attacked the fort? why does doleres miss when shooting at hale, surely a superhuman robot wouldnt miss...

i know he can't shoot her, but it wouldve been atleast way more appropriate to have some knife fight and then she triggers the grenade while wrestling or something. i dunno. the entire scene was just so lame... so obvious as well.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Depends, do you think Delores is part of Ford's story or truely woke? Does Ford want Hale dead?

Who the fuck is the cowboy owner? You mean William? He's clearly a host human like Bernarnold. Also, not all the confederados got stat boosted, just awoken from the dead. Seems like only Teddy and her Wyatt crew (maybe) got serious upgrades.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

S1 finale hinted they would jump the shark. Not surprised.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

n0el wrote:Depends, do you think Delores is part of Ford's story or truely woke?

Ain`t nobody truly woke bruh.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

n0el wrote:I don't think that Delos security is anticipating hosts with their skills turned to the max. They are basically fighting superhumans, they should get demolished. Plus they are likely arrogant private contractor types who think they are invincible.

The show shouldn't display them as good fighters with high-tech equipment when they aren't scary at all. The fights aren't interesting anymore because you already know the security is worst than stormtroopers and some people have plat armor.

n0el wrote:Depends, do you think Delores is part of Ford's story or truely woke? Does Ford want Hale dead?

Who the fuck is the cowboy owner? You mean William? He's clearly a host human like Bernarnold. Also, not all the confederados got stat boosted, just awoken from the dead. Seems like only Teddy and her Wyatt crew (maybe) got serious upgrades.

I think Dolores has to be truly woke because that's basically what season 1 has been leading up to.

And why is William clearly a human host? I don't see the evidence for that. I actually think he is going to be a human host but this quest is his test for that.