This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

What's your type?

ENFJ
No votes
ENFP
No votes
ENTJ
7%
ENTP
2%
ESFJ
2%
ESFP
4%
ESTJ
No votes
ESTP
4%
INFJ
9%
INFP
11%
INTJ
18%
INTP
16%
ISFJ
No votes
ISFP
No votes
ISTJ
20%
ISTP
7%

Total votes: 45

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

18 Feb 2017, 14:49

Not sure this thread exists already but if it does I missed it.
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Mine says INTP
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Home comes in 6
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: jamescheif100

18 Feb 2017, 15:15

ESTP
1/5/17
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03
ESO: Jerom_

18 Feb 2017, 15:40

I recall being ENFP most of the time.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Media Team
Donator 07

18 Feb 2017, 16:05

I've taken these a few times. I am INFJ.
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love and miss good methamphetamine; highly addictive.

visiting home in 6
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Pezet

18 Feb 2017, 18:09

ISTJ, OCD FTW!
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Be sure to check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon
ESO: M1Karox/ImperialNoob

18 Feb 2017, 18:12

Oh, my lord, isn't it one of my "Special Interests"?!

Poster boy INTJ here.
If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11543
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

18 Feb 2017, 18:13

Jerom wrote:I recall being ENFP most of the time.

"most of the time" :lol:
so ENFP
If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

18 Feb 2017, 18:14

Imperial Noob wrote:

so ENFP

the N and P aren't as strong so it's changed around a bit over the few times Ive done the test. I'll do it again later.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
United States of America Vinyanenya
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira

18 Feb 2017, 18:17

duck, first of firsts among trashcans
I think my control overall is really good, maybe top 2 in the world
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

18 Feb 2017, 18:31

Jerom wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:

so ENFP

the N and P aren't as strong so it's changed around a bit over the few times Ive done the test. I'll do it again later.

Could be something skewed too, the tests are the most BS way of typing yourself.
For example, ESFJs have a notorious tendency to fail these tests or otherwise "destroy the system" and this is how I typed you initially based on forum observations.

P.S Don't mind me typing though, I literally can't help doing it. :ugeek:
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

18 Feb 2017, 18:32

INFP-T - Mediator

Not sure I agree. On a side note, I feel like my answers to a lot of these questions are much different than I would have answered just a year or two ago and likewise I can see my answers changing even more in the not-so-distant future.
"he was proud, in that he disdained those who loved him"
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

18 Feb 2017, 18:36

sircallen wrote:INFP-T - Mediator

Not sure if I agree.

Please, agree. :flowers:
Edit: It depends—it is mostly the interpretation of questions, that changes.
Jaeger
Donator 01

18 Feb 2017, 18:44

Imperial Noob wrote:

Not sure if I agree.

Yes looking through the other personalities I do not think I would fit into any one of them more than I do Mediator but at the same time I do not believe this statement: "[mediators are] always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better," describes me at all; I'm rather a pessimistic person. Nor am I "too altruistic" and "dislike dealing with data." Nor do I see myself as any particular bastion of morality. Though I am flattered by the poetic adjective.

I perhaps want to be an Advocate though I am not.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

18 Feb 2017, 18:46

Mediator Callen for Media Team! :hmm:
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Be sure to check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_

18 Feb 2017, 18:59

I am INFP too
ImageImage
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

18 Feb 2017, 19:03

It seems like Extroverts are rare on forums haha.

Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

18 Feb 2017, 19:04

Imperial Noob wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Could be something skewed too, the tests are the most BS way of typing yourself.
For example, ESFJs have a notorious tendency to fail these tests or otherwise "destroy the system" and this is how I typed you initially based on forum observations.

P.S Don't mind me typing though, I literally can't help doing it. :ugeek:

I'll have another look. To be fair, personally isn't a constant thing, and it might very well depend on my mood or just like the current flow what I think about myself. Thers fucking 6 possible things to think about yourself which all basically feel the same.

I'm also scared by the fact that you have been observing my personality.

Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

18 Feb 2017, 19:09

Update: Today I am an ESFP-A (75% - 59% - 72% - 63% - 78%)

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

18 Feb 2017, 19:09

Celebrity life, it seems!
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

18 Feb 2017, 19:12

The description does not seem fully accurate. Problematically so I think the test tries to group things together where Im sorta on opposite sides of their spectrum.

Jaeger
Donator 01

18 Feb 2017, 20:59

I wonder how much of personality is nurture vs nature?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

18 Feb 2017, 21:16

sircallen wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:

Not sure if I agree.

Yes looking through the other personalities I do not think I would fit into any one of them more than I do Mediator but at the same time I do not believe this statement: "[mediators are] always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better," describes me at all; I'm rather a pessimistic person. Nor am I "too altruistic" and "dislike dealing with data." Nor do I see myself as any particular bastion of morality. Though I am flattered by the poetic adjective.

I perhaps want to be an Advocate though I am not.

Majority of INFPs I know are either hard determinists or emos, but this is more about modern philosophy being strangely negative from a historical point of view, than the system having a major hole exactly here.

16 personality types themed sites tend to "be" polite to everybody the way life is not and "wish" to achieve placebo effect in those who will believe them. They are mostly aimed at teenagers or immature adults. Differing in couple of things, especially for the better, is informally called "outgrowing the system".

Everybody wishes to grow into certain direction. Becoming more collected masked under "I want to be this J-ended type" is common. But J-types are not really more collected, just more rigid... and this is not always of benefit.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

18 Feb 2017, 21:47

sircallen wrote:I wonder how much of personality is nurture vs nature?

I do not think we are able to answer this meaningfully in any reasonable time on this forum. "50% genes, 25% upbringing to the age of 5, 25% anything after" is a good way to start thinking about it though.

From my experience... in the context of personality types of any sort, there are tons of people who claim to have changed over the years, sometimes back and forth, due to work, studies, new environments etc, but after I question them about their teenage years or childhood, everybody turns out to have a cliched personal history and is fully explainable within the system (and within reason).
The consensus of MBTI-Socionics-Jung-Keirsey followers and various other "churches" is that a type is subconscious and inborn in a way that you only change within the spectrum over the course of your life. Because self-consciousness is developed between the ages from 3 to 5 on average IIRC, inborn means "anything prior to being a conscious human"—and I'll just leave it like that.

The question remains though: if it is so, can one change their type on purpose?

Yes. Well... sort of.

My hypothesis is that in order to change a personality type one would need to change the brain in a very drastic way... a mechanical way.
The famously wounded Phineas Gage (medical case) was an ENFJ who got his brain damaged in the parts responsible for empathy and some more intuitive processes and after the accident resembled a grumpy ISTP. The change of the character was so striking, that his own family was feeling uncanny. I know also, that there is a possibility of developing savantism after sustaining "lucky"—from a certain point of view—injuries... so in a way any type could turn into a person classifiable most closely as INTP, INTJ, ISTJ or ISTP if they got this accidental savantism.
Jaeger
Donator 01

18 Feb 2017, 22:16

Imperial Noob wrote:Majority of INFPs I know are either hard determinists or emos

Sorry to burst your bubble
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon

18 Feb 2017, 22:36

sircallen wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:Majority of INFPs I know are either hard determinists or emos

Sorry to burst your bubble

What bubble? I even confirmed, that the descriptions on that site are idealistic and that being a pessimist is mainstream nowadays.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”