This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

What's your type?

ENFJ
No votes
ENFP
No votes
ENTJ
7%
ENTP
2%
ESFJ
2%
ESFP
4%
ESTJ
No votes
ESTP
4%
INFJ
9%
INFP
11%
INTJ
18%
INTP
16%
ISFJ
No votes
ISFP
No votes
ISTJ
20%
ISTP
7%

Total votes: 45

Romania Dolan
Howdah

18 Feb 2017, 22:47

sircallen wrote:I wonder how much of personality is nurture vs nature?

Nature is mostly working through temperamental dimensions, which are based on genetics (and are measurable).
Temperament gets fixed in the first years of life. Personality is more flexible and may evolve in time, but it's anchored in temperament (which is not changeable).

There are lots of theories on personality, but this Myers-Briggs thing is not a scientific one. It's a self-reported test, based on a theory on personality dimensions written by a psychoanalyst (Jung). So, having two people in the same category doesn't really say that much, their personalities might actually be very different (because the test doesn't allow for much granularity of measurement and the personality dimensions are very simplified).

People use this test like a social game, mostly. It's fun to check which "type" are you, if your "type" is similar with X or how different is from X's..
No Flag Jam
Lancer

18 Feb 2017, 22:49

ESOC
Around the world and home again, that's the sailor's way.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Media Team
Donator 07

19 Feb 2017, 00:24

You all are so awesome! :flowers: I think that it's really great for people to share such a personal thing about themselves. While the test may not be scientific in the sense that there are no measurements, it is still very useful and does count as scientific analysis, much in the same way many psychological/sociologically tests are performed. Businesses use the test. The test is also really useful for getting a general idea of how someone is so that there is better communication between types as well as less toxic confrontation. Getting to know what makes people tick and how to go about conversing with them in a non combative way is so important in relationships. It's nice to eliminate toxicity, especially in such a small community. :smile: Thanks for the conversations thus far. You all rock!

I'm on my phone so this message isn't as fantastic as I want it to be. :sad:
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

I love and miss good methamphetamine; highly addictive.

visiting home in 7
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03
ESO: Jerom_

19 Feb 2017, 00:27

The main question that crosses my mind right now: Is my personality the right one in the eyes of businesses haha.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

19 Feb 2017, 01:40

what im thinking is, will this be accepted as the subject for my doctorate: The effect of Personality Types on the process of scheduling competition for online video games.
I kissed a girl and I liked it
Popped her cherry with my chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my wife don't mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

19 Feb 2017, 01:53

Goodspeed wrote:Not sure this thread exists already but if it does I missed it.
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Mine says INTP

Same :love:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon
ESO: M1Karox/ImperialNoob

19 Feb 2017, 02:41

Jerom wrote:The main question that crosses my mind right now: Is my personality the right one in the eyes of businesses haha.

If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11543
France kami_ryu
ESOC Community Team
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

19 Feb 2017, 06:59

Jerom wrote:The main question that crosses my mind right now: Is my personality the right one in the eyes of businesses haha.

personality is a moot point, what those guys want is common sense and professionalism

i read this thing in some managers office which said "not being late, work ethic and implication require no talent"

which is good for slow people like me

~Sassy, sassy, RyU~! | Check out my Color modding tutorial
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

19 Feb 2017, 07:22

Mine is INTP
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger

19 Feb 2017, 07:24

Do people actually place faith in these personality tests? The idea of people supposedly being naturally introverted and extroverted always gives me a chuckle.
Off topic---more like locked topic!

Revolt Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/revoltpodcast

It's a great thing for me to say
United States of America noissance
Howdah
ESO: UCanWinNewCivsAndMap

19 Feb 2017, 07:25

INTJ
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

19 Feb 2017, 07:25

evilcheadar wrote:Do people actually place faith in these personality tests? The idea of people supposedly being naturally introverted and extroverted always gives me a chuckle.

Why is that?
Jaeger

19 Feb 2017, 07:26

sircallen wrote:I wonder how much of personality is nurture vs nature?

Read up on some epigenetics for the answer.

Jaeger

19 Feb 2017, 07:28

fightinfrenchman wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Do people actually place faith in these personality tests? The idea of people supposedly being naturally introverted and extroverted always gives me a chuckle.

Why is that?

It makes no sense to just have these 2 categories, it's likely on a spectrum where normal people are in the middle.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

19 Feb 2017, 07:31

evilcheadar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Why is that?

It makes no sense to just have these 2 categories, it's likely on a spectrum where normal people are in the middle.

Ye that's true but the test I did had a percentage and just picked whichever one you were closer to
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

19 Feb 2017, 07:36

Here is my result: Commander Personality (ENTJ, -A/-T)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03

19 Feb 2017, 07:37

site wrote:Here is my result: Commander Personality (ENTJ, -A/-T)

Woow you should be a mod!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

19 Feb 2017, 10:30

site wrote:Here is my result: Commander Personality (ENTJ, -A/-T)
Start a business ;)
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Home comes in 7
India Ashvin
Howdah
ESO: Octanium

19 Feb 2017, 11:03

XeeleeFlower wrote:You all are so awesome! :flowers: I think that it's really great for people to share such a personal thing about themselves. While the test may not be scientific in the sense that there are no measurements, it is still very useful and does count as scientific analysis, much in the same way many psychological/sociologically tests are performed. Businesses use the test. The test is also really useful for getting a general idea of how someone is so that there is better communication between types as well as less toxic confrontation. Getting to know what makes people tick and how to go about conversing with them in a non combative way is so important in relationships. It's nice to eliminate toxicity, especially in such a small community. :smile: Thanks for the conversations thus far. You all rock!

I'm on my phone so this message isn't as fantastic as I want it to be. :sad:

This post :love:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

19 Feb 2017, 11:16

I know, right?

Added poll.

Home comes in 7
Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon
ESO: M1Karox/ImperialNoob

19 Feb 2017, 14:29

evilcheadar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Why is that?

But there are percentages in the result.

Extrovert does not mean "outgoing", but "high stimulation threshold" and stimulation threshold is an actual and very useful spectrum.
If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11543
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

19 Feb 2017, 14:30

I don't really get what some of the individual parts mean, is there a short description of those individual aspects somewhere?

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

19 Feb 2017, 14:32

Google it. There's a ton of reading material about this

Home comes in 7
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

19 Feb 2017, 14:37

Goodspeed wrote:Google it. There's a ton of reading material about this

My personality type would tend to ask others to google it for him I think.

Interestingly enough my personality did change in the past 4 years it seems, doesn't quite feel that weird compared to the things that happened to me.

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

19 Feb 2017, 15:02

This test is better but takes longer, for those with percentages close to 50-50 http://sociotype.com/tests/
(the extended one)

Home comes in 7

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”