Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
France kami_ryu
ESOC Community Team
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

16 Feb 2018, 23:02

Oh god break the next week I can't
seed & germination
No Flag lejend
Lancer

16 Feb 2018, 23:29

kami_ryu wrote:
lejend wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:@lejend should probably watch One Piece he would enjoy it.

Oh really? What makes you say that? I'm pretty sure I haven't watched any Chinese cartoons in more than a decade. :hmm:

I think you'd like the themes evoked. It's hard to give examples without also putting out spoilers though, so I want to refrain from that. Freedom, surpassing yourself, etc. all of those come up quite a bit. I just think if you watched long enough (you could also just read it) you'd just enjoy what you see as an inspirational story. It's super long though. Almost 900 chapters long and I don't think it's even half over yet.

I looked it up and apparently it has been running for a decade. I tend to avoid long-running shows, because I don't want to watch one episode and get attached to the story; then I just want to watch the entire thing. But I appreciate the gesture! It's nice that the story has a good message.
France kami_ryu
ESOC Community Team

16 Feb 2018, 23:37

I think it does. If you want to watch the entire thing you'll probably have to wait another 15-20 years.. that's how long the manga has been running and it's roughly halfway over.

I don't think there's a message. I think the author has stated that he just draws up scenarios and have his characters act in a certain way. Then you interpret the messages. My interpretations are probably similar to what yours would be, in a positive way. I think
seed & germination
No Flag lejend
Lancer

17 Feb 2018, 00:12

kami_ryu wrote:My interpretations are probably similar to what yours would be, in a positive way. I think

That is a pretty good bet. ;)
Greece BrookG
Lancer
ESO: BrookG

17 Feb 2018, 07:11

Catching up to One Piece from zero is a hard task. You'll need lots of time to spend. Its beauty lies in the fact that Oda draws ideas from different, cultures, mythologies, literature and so many other fields and combines them in a funny and unexpected way. Also, manages to discuss, not very deep and intensively, yet evokes interesting thoughts, issues of reality, like immigration, racism, war and peace, imprisonment, science ethics and so on.

On the latest chapter, a great fight, which probably comes to an end. I dislike breaks but it was a hard one to draw.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
France kami_ryu
ESOC Community Team

17 Feb 2018, 13:06

Yeah that break just kind of ended me yesterday. But the author really does need to relax.

@BrookG I've started Soul Eater, 4 episodes in and I like it. the art etc
seed & germination
Greece BrookG
Lancer
ESO: BrookG

04 Jun 2018, 14:57

Why does nobody speak about the end of Big Mom arc and the new mysteries Oda-sama unravels?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Forum Info

Return to “Archive”