What did you do today?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

evilcheadar wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:lol pls. you probably didnt even learn matrix algebra.
Alright I think its about time for you to get back to dungeons and dragons.
but I would rather talk to you :(
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

What did you do today?

Post by Jam »

frycookofdoom wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Alright I think its about time for you to get back to dungeons and dragons.
but I would rather talk to you :(
and the dragon left anyhow
United States of America Metis
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Metis »

[img style="max-width:100%'" alt="" src="http://wildnatureimages.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/woodhouse_toad_20278.jpg"]

I tilled up a toad in the garden today. Fortunately, it was undamaged and was digging itself a new burrow as I was taking the tiller to the shed. Toads are good to have in a garden as they eat pest insect species.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

What did you do today?

Post by illmatic »

lol what things hasn't metis done?
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
France benj89
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by benj89 »

drugs
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

What did you do today?

Post by illmatic »

don't be so sure...
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Metis »

illmatic wrote:lol what things hasn''t metis done?

Drugs

Yep, never saw the point in drugs. Smoking seems stupid and alcohol tastes bitter. I rarely even take an aspirin.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

What did you do today?

Post by momuuu »

You're missing out. Alcohol is extremely tasty once you get used to it a little.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

What did you do today?

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:You''re missing out. Alcohol is extremely tasty once you get used to it a little.

I think it really depends on who you are Tbh, although a majority of people enjoy it I think. I''ve never been a huge fan of the taste of most alcohols and dislike getting to drunk.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

What did you do today?

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:Youre missing out. Alcohol is extremely tasty once you get used to it a little.
I think it really depends on who you are Tbh, although a majority of people enjoy it I think. Ive never been a huge fan of the taste of most alcohols and dislike getting to drunk.
The first beer I drink was terrible. I got like 20 mL of beer and it took me more than 15 minutes to finish it. Didnt like the taste at all. But over the years Ive started to enjoy it more and more, so much now that I occasionally buy a special beer (so not the average 5% beer, but often stronger) just to enjoy it by myself.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

What did you do today?

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:I think it really depends on who you are Tbh, although a majority of people enjoy it I think. Ive never been a huge fan of the taste of most alcohols and dislike getting to drunk.
The first beer I drink was terrible. I got like 20 mL of beer and it took me more than 15 minutes to finish it. Didnt like the taste at all. But over the years Ive started to enjoy it more and more, so much now that I occasionally buy a special beer (so not the average 5% beer, but often stronger) just to enjoy it by myself.?

Yea i think most people enjoy it, Im just not one of those people.
France iNcog
Ninja

What did you do today?

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

What did you do today?

Post by lukasl99 »

jerom wrote:You''re missing out. Alcohol is extremely tasty once you get used to it a little.
The question is, why would you want to get used to something unhealthy? The same can be said about smoking, "oh well the first cigarette doesn''t taste well but you''ll get used to it!"
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Metis »

Genetic variation influences how different people taste foods. Some people taste alcohol as sweet, some as bitter and some in-between. To me, even the best wine tastes like someone soaked a bunch of bitter roots in grape juice and beer, well, it just tastes like bitter root juice.

Here is an article on the subject if you are interested:

http://www.livescience.com/47970-alcoho ... etics.html
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

What did you do today?

Post by momuuu »

lukasl99 wrote:
jerom wrote:Youre missing out. Alcohol is extremely tasty once you get used to it a little.
The question is, why would you want to get used to something unhealthy? The same can be said about smoking, "oh well the first cigarette doesnt taste well but youll get used to it!"
Because its extremely easy to moderate alcohol usage. If you had the ability to smoke 1 cigarette per week Id encourage people to get used to it. But with cigarettes I think (I never tried it tbh) the only nice thing about it is the nicotine. Beer is just tasty, but in a weird way so you kinda have to get used to it. Young people dont like many weird tastes, while older people tend to enjoy almost everything. Coffee and beer are maybe not that healthy, but very enjoyable once you get used to the taste. In the end, you only live once so you shoulndt live your life in fear of death imo.

Besides, a few beers per week isnt unhealthy.
No Flag lukasl99
Musketeer

What did you do today?

Post by lukasl99 »

jerom wrote:
lukasl99 wrote:The question is, why would you want to get used to something unhealthy? The same can be said about smoking, "oh well the first cigarette doesnt taste well but youll get used to it!"
Because its extremely easy to moderate alcohol usage. If you had the ability to smoke 1 cigarette per week Id encourage people to get used to it. But with cigarettes I think (I never tried it tbh) the only nice thing about it is the nicotine. Beer is just tasty, but in a weird way so you kinda have to get used to it. Young people dont like many weird tastes, while older people tend to enjoy almost everything. Coffee and beer are maybe not that healthy, but very enjoyable once you get used to the taste. In the end, you only live once so you shoulndt live your life in fear of death imo.

I still dont understand it, also that argument "you only live once" can be interpreted in both ways' do some risky shit cause youll only live once or dont do shit which makes your life shorter cause you only live once anyway.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

What did you do today?

Post by momuuu »

lukasl99 wrote:
jerom wrote:Because its extremely easy to moderate alcohol usage. If you had the ability to smoke 1 cigarette per week Id encourage people to get used to it. But with cigarettes I think (I never tried it tbh) the only nice thing about it is the nicotine. Beer is just tasty, but in a weird way so you kinda have to get used to it. Young people dont like many weird tastes, while older people tend to enjoy almost everything. Coffee and beer are maybe not that healthy, but very enjoyable once you get used to the taste. In the end, you only live once so you shoulndt live your life in fear of death imo.

I still dont understand it, also that argument "you only live once" can be interpreted in both ways' do some risky shit cause youll only live once or dont do shit which makes your life shorter cause you only live once anyway.
The most reasonable interpretation, imo, is that you should be careful with your life but not so much that youll decrease the overall quality of your life. Being super concerned about eating healthy isnt going to make your life better, and the stress involved with it might even make it less healthy. So why not drink a few beers per month because it is unhealthy and miss out on something great? Especially if you consider the fact that it isnt even proven that a few beers per month are unhealthy. A glass of red wine per day even prolonges your life.
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Metis »

Some people are genetically predisposed to addiction.

For instance, the family whose mother still lives across from me had a father who was a heavy smoker (smoking was what killed him at an early age). However, the mother never has smoked. Of their four kids, two are heavy smokers and two have never smoked. One of the heavy smokers also became addicted to drugs.

My grandpa smoked (again, this was what killed him at 62). He had two daughters, one of them (my aunt) smoked but my mother does not, though she does show some signs of an addictive personality. My brother doesn't smoke but my sister does (I'm adopted so am excluded from this analysis).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

What did you do today?

Post by momuuu »

Im pretty sure anyone consistently smoking for a while will get addicted to it tbh.
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Metis »

When I was taking a course in anatomy at the KU Medical Center, I dissected the cadaver of a person who had been a smoker. Not only were the lungs Swiss Cheese, they also were full of black goo. If I had been a smoker myself I would have quit that day.

[img]http://www.kumah.org/uploaded_images/smokers-lung-799707.jpg[/img]
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

What did you do today?

Post by noissance »

@metis, how about 2nd hand smoke, my neighbor is one of those that smokes everything he gers (weed, crack, meth, and ofc cigarettes), and is one of the subowoofer people (boon boom booom rap music cant be heard anymore because of crappy quality)
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

What did you do today?

Post by evilcheadar »

Would [span style="font-size:12pt'"]the lungs taste like Swiss cheese also?[/span]
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

evilcheadar wrote:Would [span style="font-size:12pt'"]the lungs taste like Swiss cheese also?[/span]
More like seared meat I''d say.
Howdah

What did you do today?

Post by Metis »

Being a non-smoker, I can really smell smoke on people who do, like when they walk past me in the grocery store. I once found an almost new bed that someone had put out beside the dumpsters. Being a poor college student, I didn't have a bed but slept on an air mattress. Unfortunately, the person who had owned the bed (and apparently owned it only for a short time as it appeared almost factory-new ) was a smoker. Try as I might I couldn't get the smoke smell out (this was in the days before Febreeze). I finally shook a couple of boxes of baking soda onto the mattress and box spring and then wrapped the whole thing in saran wrap. It was pretty comfortable, albeit a bit crunchy sounding when I rolled over. I put it back out beside the dumpsters when I moved.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

What did you do today?

Post by evilcheadar »

metis wrote:Being a non-smoker, I can really smell smoke on people who do, like when they walk past me in the grocery store. I once found an almost new bed that someone had put out beside the dumpsters. Being a poor college student, I didn''t have a bed but slept on an air mattress. Unfortunately, the person who had owned the bed (and apparently owned it only for a short time as it appeared almost factory-new ) was a smoker. Try as I might I couldn''t get the smoke smell out (this was in the days before Febreeze). I finally shook a couple of boxes of baking soda onto the mattress and box spring and then wrapped the whole thing in saran wrap. It was pretty comfortable, albeit a bit crunchy sounding when I rolled over. I put it back out beside the dumpsters when I moved.
As crunchy as my neck when I crack it?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums