who believes the ear should be made a moderator of these for

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

Who thinks I, the ear , should be made a. Mod

Yes
4%
The ear should own the site
63%
Absolutely
8%
Why not
4%
Saltique Replenish
21%

Total votes: 24

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: who believes the ear should be made a moderator of these for

Post by momuuu »

rsy wrote:What exactly do u mean by 'harming the community'?

Well, for one I remember esoc being a site with discussions mostly about aoe. Now, esoc seems mostly spam bullshit threads. It is a rising trend, and I think it was started by the basement. Not necessarily causation but I could see they're ultimately responsible for a culture shift: people that liked to talk about aoe3 and have serious discussion couldn't find anything of worth on this forum and people that would just spam nonsense and enjoy it stayed. Like 1/50 threads actually discuss the game. The rest is just nonsensical offtopic stuff or drama threads.

Also, they were really harmful in the early stages of the esoc discord. They'd spam @everyone endlessly, and also endlessly tag individual members. Whenever people were trying to have a voice chat, they'd come in and spam their annoying soundboard disrupting those people in their conversation. They've also been responsible for the departure or decreased motivation of a few staff members and for much internal struggle.

Overall ESOC should've just permabanned them the first time and never looked back, just like we did with bpdscolony.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I believe in Garja. Believing is easy.
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

momuuu wrote:

Well, for one I remember esoc being a site with discussions mostly about aoe. Now, esoc seems mostly spam bullshit threads. It is a rising trend, and I think it was started by the basement. Not necessarily causation but I could see they're ultimately responsible for a culture shift: people that liked to talk about aoe3 and have serious discussion couldn't find anything of worth on this forum and people that would just spam nonsense and enjoy it stayed. Like 1/50 threads actually discuss the game. The rest is just nonsensical offtopic stuff or drama threads.

Also, they were really harmful in the early stages of the esoc discord. They'd spam @everyone endlessly, and also endlessly tag individual members. Whenever people were trying to have a voice chat, they'd come in and spam their annoying soundboard disrupting those people in their conversation. They've also been responsible for the departure or decreased motivation of a few staff members and for much internal struggle.

Overall ESOC should've just permabanned them the first time and never looked back, just like we did with bpdscolony.

Some people actually like The Basement and bpdscolony though.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

i do
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

momuuu wrote:

What bullshit threads? What the hell are you even talking about?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Jerom, They are not spamming, you may not like them but respect them.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

HUMMAN wrote:Jerom, They are not spamming, you may not like them but respect them.

Dont see why I have to respect people that have tried hard to ridicule me or make my life miserable. Just yesterday cheadar called me the founder of ISIS in a discord chat lol. I have zero interest in respecting those pieces of shit.
Dragoon

momuuu wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:Jerom, They are not spamming, you may not like them but respect them.

Dont see why I have to respect people that have tried hard to ridicule me or make my life miserable. Just yesterday cheadar called me the founder of ISIS in a discord chat lol. I have zero interest in respecting those pieces of shit.

He called you the founder of ISIS and you took that personally?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Sounds like a super serious insult
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I've always been a supporter of the #modtheear movement. I am convinced it is a prophecy that must come true for the universe to be balanced. We should accept and embrace it instead of hopelessly trying to resist it. I publicized my theory regarding this in Dramahub a while ago, but I'm too lazy to dig it up to prove the validity of the prophecy to you; you'll have to take my word for it.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

TheInvincibleJannisary wrote:
momuuu wrote:

He called you the founder of ISIS and you took that personally?

No of course not. I disliked it the most when they continuously contested anything I did as staff, that was bothersome. They just think Im deeply offended by that and thus keep using it, because theyre here to annoy, provoke and insult people. And if you call them out, you will be targeted.

I have zero reason to respect them therefor. Theyre sad human beings that spend a lot of effort to be annoying.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

momuuu wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote: I know about Callen: he's an emotional wreck who gets drunk several times a week so I don't take him seriously anymore.
I'm also an emotional wreck who gets drunk several times a week. Do you not take me serious?

Personal attacks are beneath you.....or maybe I just place you higher.

Callen is very judgemental of others. I consider him the esoc thought police. Hes also launched several personal attacks on people just outing an opinion. Bram's criticism is not undeserved. For all thats worth, I dont take your forced optimism seriously either.

You are judgemental too.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.
Dragoon

There are many high and mighty types that have existed on ESOC since it started really.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

The animus for Jerom came from when he was a mod and took action to get us banned. He labeled all our posts (including my tip series, Tip of the Week) as spam simply because he wasn't interested in the topics we liked discussing. He wasn't "targeted" out of thin air, his initial actions were responded to with swift Basement style action that exposed his elitism and lack of integrity within the mod position. Jerom has also yearned for my death (documented), not unlike an Isis member would.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Dragoon

evilcheadar wrote:The animus for Jerom came from when he was a mod and took action to get us banned. He labeled all our posts (including my tip series, Tip of the Week) as spam simply because he wasn't interested in the topics we liked discussing. He wasn't "targeted" out of thin air, his initial actions were responded to with swift Basement style action that exposed his elitism and lack of integrity within the mod position. Jerom has also yearned for my death (documented), not unlike an Isis member would.

You must have restraint cuz you made it to 3392 posts lol
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

Surely I think a lot of us recognise the contribution of the basement to the community, but is it only the contribution that matters but nothing else? As a member of ESOC staff, I wouldn't say so. There is an extra set of guidelines we have to follow - for example, being neutral and fair to everyone involved in a drama, and setting ourselves as exempla for others to follow are some of the qualities that we would normally consider in the selection process.

Besides, there are many other ways to contribute to the community, not just podcasts and annual telethons. Writing strategy guides, for example, is another way to contribute, or even just the discussion of different strategies on a specified MU. Community events are certainly very important, but it is just one of the many things we can do for the community. Always ask what we can give, and not what we can get for ourselves.

It depends on how we behave and what we do for the community, but everyone has a fair chance to become a member of ESOC staff. Just be a decent person - that is all I can say.

On a side note, since the bump seems to have reignited the flames, I am going to lock the thread at least for now.

/thread