My "rights" are more important than yours.

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS. -- Animal Farm

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlRAyulN4o[/video]

"The law protects both of us being here" -- the Asian student journalist.

This kid needs to be hired by a major news agency or promoted if he already has a job.

Conversely, the two older women, the "blond" one that was in the Asian kid's face, and the redhead one calling for "muscle" to have the videographer removed were faculty members, who need to be fired.

"Our friend's life was on the line."

Hardly. A student started all this when he said that someone drove by and shouted something that he thought might have been a racial slur.

"We have a perimeter."

These people are protesting in a public area on state property. Anyone else at all has as much right to be there as they do.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

faithinhumanity--'
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

good thread. im starting to miss dr. legend.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I dont see the point of this, although I haven't watched the video......
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Hey guys lets get mad because some people are tired of racism at their school?
(I didnt watch the video bc I can't. A description would be nice.)
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

This has been a fucking great week for student protests :popcorn:
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Howdah

Post by Metis »

You need to watch the video. The blond and redhead ladies are school faculty who are inciting the student protestors to remove certain journalists from the area. They apparently want only their journalists around to give their side of the story.

Inciting student protestors to force student journalists from public University property is a clear violation of the journalists' rights. Apparently the protesters consider their rights more important than other people's rights.

Actually, both journalists, if they wanted to pursue matters, have legal grounds to have those two ladies arrested both on state charges of intimidation, inciting and assault and on federal civil rights violations. Removing a journalist from an area specifically because he is a journalist is in violation of the 1st amendment of the US Constitution. That this was done by school administrators and faculty makes it even more egregious.

What makes this even more sadly ironic, is that the redhead at the end of the article, who is calling for "muscle" to have the videographer removed from the area, is a journalism professor.

The purported incident of "racism" that started all this was when one individual claimed that someone drove by him and yelled a racial slur.

The President and Chancellor of the university have resigned. Some think that there was a plan by certain faculty at the university to get them ousted. They did this by inciting the students to protest "systemic racism" where none actually was present.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

metis wrote:Removing a journalist from an area specifically because he is a journalist is in violation of the 1st amendment of the US Constitution.

Are you sure about that?

metis wrote:They did this by inciting the students to protest "systemic racism" where none actually was present.

Hahahahahahaha I doubt that.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

I agree, it's obnoxious that people think they should be allowed to protest, when doing so clearly infringes on the rights of the government to take advantage of the people.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Sep 12 -- Payton Head, MU senior and president of MSA said that someone in a pickup called him a "N-word."

Oct 5 -- The Legion of Black Collegians we rehearsing in public place and told someone talking on his phone to leave. The person purportedly muttered the "N-word" as he left.

Oct. 24: A swastika is drawn on a bathroom wall.

That's about it.

I say "boo fricken hoo." The first two incidences may have been made up or misinterpreted and the last is a stupid prank that gets repeated all over, including on Agecomm.

??It is not just news organizations who have First Amendment rights to make and display videotapes of events ?? all of us have that right.? Chief U.S. District Judge Harold D. Vietor, Lambert v. Polk County (1989)
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

metis wrote:including on Agecomm

Lol age comm is not a nice community anyway
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Also, you should do your research because that is not all that happened.
Dragoon

Post by sc »

i found the minority ^

jk

feel free to elaborate and share what your research turned up arriah. metis submitted some proofs (kinda) and you basically just said "nah".

gonna have to do better than that to derail this train!
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:Also, you should do your research because that is not all that happened.
Well, then feel free to outline it. However it really doesn''t matter. You can go around shouting "nigger" all you want and it''s protected free speech, just as is "cracker," "honkey" and "white boy." Justice demands that there be no double standards. If uttering the word "nigger" is illegal then just about every Black rapper and comedian the world is in violation of the law. The only way that uttering this word is in violation of law is if it is directed at an individual while violating some other right specifically because he was of a certain race, as when two Blacks once jumped me and one said "I''m going to fuck you up, white boy." If calling someone names alone was in violation of the law then most of you video gamers would be in prison.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

metis wrote:
arriah wrote:Also, you should do your research because that is not all that happened.
Well, then feel free to outline it. However it really doesnt matter. You can go around shouting "nigger" all you want and its protected?free speech, just as is "cracker," "honkey" and "white boy." Justice demands that there be no double standards. If uttering?the word "nigger" is?illegal then just about every?Black?rapper and comedian?the world?is?in violation of the law.?The only way that uttering this word?is in?violation of law is?if it is?directed at an individual?while violating some other right specifically because he was of a certain race, as when two Blacks once jumped me and one said "Im going to fuck you up, white boy." If calling someone names?alone was in violation of the law then most?of you?video gamers?would be in prison.

Who ever said its against the law???
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

sc wrote:i found the minority ^

jk

feel free to elaborate and share what your research turned up arriah. metis submitted some proofs (kinda) and you basically just said "nah".

I can select a few things about an incident and pretend that the rest didnt happen, too. How about you find it yourself? Not my job to educate you.
Dragoon

Post by sc »

arriah wrote:
sc wrote:i found the minority ^

jk

I can select a few things about an incident and pretend that the rest didnt happen, too. How about you find it yourself? Not my job to educate you.
Unless you provide evidence to back up what you say, literally no one cares what you say. Telling folks that they are wrong might ease your mind but ultimately you wasted a post if you dont provide substance.

I dont give a shit about the situation at hand so Im not bothering to look into it. Its just funny how clearly upset you are and fairly obvious you dont know whats gone any more than I do.
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

I believe this thread has the potential for some excellent discussion. Let's hope it doesn't get locked too early!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sc wrote:
arriah wrote:I can select a few things about an incident and pretend that the rest didnt happen, too. How about you find it yourself? Not my job to educate you.
Unless you provide evidence to back up what you say, literally no one cares what you say. ?Telling folks that they are wrong might ease your mind but ultimately you wasted a post if you dont provide substance.

I dont give a shit about the situation at hand so Im not bothering to look into it. ?Its just funny how clearly upset you are and fairly obvious you dont know whats gone any more than I do.

Any post no matter the quality, increases the size of your epenis, therefore no post is a wasted post.
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

gibson wrote:
sc wrote:Unless you provide evidence to back up what you say, literally no one cares what you say. ?Telling folks that they are wrong might ease your mind but ultimately you wasted a post if you dont provide substance.

I dont give a shit about the situation at hand so Im not bothering to look into it. ?Its just funny how clearly upset you are and fairly obvious you dont know whats gone any more than I do.

Any post no matter the quality, increases the size of your epenis, therefore no post is a wasted post.

A post is wasted if it is not a direct insult to someone else/doesnt help ignite a dumb argument. We need more nonsensical walls of text up in here!
Dragoon

Post by sc »

gibson wrote:
sc wrote:Unless you provide evidence to back up what you say, literally no one cares what you say. Telling folks that they are wrong might ease your mind but ultimately you wasted a post if you dont provide substance.

I dont give a shit about the situation at hand so Im not bothering to look into it. Its just funny how clearly upset you are and fairly obvious you dont know whats gone any more than I do.

my god, youre enormous
Attachments
image.jpeg
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sc wrote:
gibson wrote: Any post no matter the quality, increases the size of your epenis, therefore no post is a wasted post.
my god, youre enormous

lying to these Bitches, they call my dick Pinocchio
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

sc wrote:
arriah wrote:I can select a few things about an incident and pretend that the rest didnt happen, too. How about you find it yourself? Not my job to educate you.
Unless you provide evidence to back up what you say, literally no one cares what you say. ?Telling folks that they are wrong might ease your mind but ultimately you wasted a post if you dont provide substance.

So no one gives a shit about what you or Metis said either.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

arriah wrote:
sc wrote:Unless you provide evidence to back up what you say, literally no one cares what you say. ?Telling folks that they are wrong might ease your mind but ultimately you wasted a post if you dont provide substance.

So no one gives a shit about what you or Metis said either.

Actually when someone says something and then backs up their claim anyone who reads it will at least consider their claim vs someone like you who just spouts unfounded bs. If you actually took the time to back up your claims people would consider your claims as well, but you just spout shit and then blame the fact that everyone is "uneducated" when people call you out.