My "rights" are more important than yours.

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

gibson wrote:
arriah wrote:So no one gives a shit about what you or Metis said either.
Actually when someone says something and then backs up their claim anyone who reads it will at least consider their claim vs someone like you who just spouts unfounded bs. If you actually took the time to back up your claims people would consider your claims as well, but you just spout shit and then blame the fact that everyone is "uneducated" when people call you out.

Saying a few things and then claiming thats "all" that happened is not backing up your claims.

I think you spend too much time on the Internet, sweetheart. Not every conversation has to be a full fledged debate complete with citations.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

arriah wrote:
gibson wrote: Actually when someone says something and then backs up their claim anyone who reads it will at least consider their claim vs someone like you who just spouts unfounded bs. If you actually took the time to back up your claims people would consider your claims as well, but you just spout shit and then blame the fact that everyone is "uneducated" when people call you out.

Saying a few things and then claiming thats "all" that happened is not backing up your claims.

I think you spend too much time on the Internet, sweetheart. Not every conversation has to be a full fledged debate complete with citations.

u aite coach
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

gibson wrote: u aite coach

Ya I kno
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:
sc wrote:

So no one gives a shit about what you or Metis said either.
By posting in this threat at all you are contradicting your statement. That others posted here further refute it.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

arriah wrote:Saying a few things and then claiming that''s "all" that happened is not backing up your claims.
"That''s about it" doesn''t imply "all." However, why do I even bother with you. You have shown time and again that you are mainly just trolling here.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@arriah did you end up finding a mirror and watching the video?

I don't think you quite understand how ridiculous the "concerned students" and faculty staff were being throughout the whole thing. No one is disagreeing with the protest itself, this isn't about that. The video is the story. Not sure why you're even in this thread if you haven't seen it.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

metis wrote:
arriah wrote:So no one gives a shit about what you or Metis said either.
By posting in this threat at all you are contradicting your statement. That others posted here further refute it.

Im not even bagging on you Metis lol. Obviously I was curious and I would post a link to more info for our conversation, but not because some jackass who doesnt even care demanded it.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

calmyourtits wrote:@arriah did you end up finding a mirror and watching the video?

I don''t think you quite understand how ridiculous the "concerned students" and faculty staff were being throughout the whole thing. No one is disagreeing with the protest itself, this isn''t about that. The video is the story. Not sure why you''re even in this thread if you haven''t seen it.

No I haven''t got access to adequate Internet for it atm. Metis described it already, and I responded to his description, so I''m not sure why you are replying to me?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm I the only one who thinks that arriah and arkz are the same person and that they are also someone else on this forum who just made these accounts to troll us?
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

I just need data
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

gibson wrote:I''m I the only one who thinks that arriah and arkz are the same person and that they are also someone else on this forum who just made these accounts to troll us?

Lol that''s a cute one. Even I think arkz turned douche after a few posts.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

calmyourtits wrote:Try a proxy https://www.torproject.org/
isn''t tor illegal?
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

benj89 wrote:
isnt tor illegal??

yes, but so long as you use tor to download it, theyll never be able to trace it to you. source: i use tor to smuggle in slow lemurs into the states

just be smart and no1 will catch you
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

benj89 wrote:
isnt tor illegal?
No, who says?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

calmyourtits wrote:
benj89 wrote:isnt tor illegal?
No, who says?
friends buy their drugs pretty easily using this, so I expected it was
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Online anonymity can be used for many illegal things as well as good things like whistleblowing, but if online anonymity itself ever becomes illegal I'm noping the fuck out of this society.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

calmyourtits wrote:Online anonymity can be used for many illegal things as well as good things like whistleblowing, but if online anonymity itself ever becomes illegal I''m noping the fuck out of this society.
Where do you plan on going for your hermitage, gs?
Howdah

Post by Metis »

calmyourtits wrote:Online anonymity can be used for many illegal things as well as good things like whistleblowing, but if online anonymity itself ever becomes illegal I''m noping the fuck out of this society.
Using a proxy server to view a TV show that is only available in a certain country is illegal. For instance, it would be illegal for me to use one to view the BBC on UK websites, as I don''t pay the taxes that support it. Using one per se is not, or shouldn''t be, illegal. Legislators in many countries are teaming up to try to control and censor the Internet, however, so no matter what country you are from you should be keeping an eye on your government and the treaties it signs.

As I said, it''s sadly ironic that a bunch of university students protesting for minority civil rights can''t see that they are violating a reporter''s civil rights when they intimidate and assault him to prevent him from documenting their protest. That a professor of journalism and her university faculty friends, who purportedly know better than the students, would incite them to censor reporters makes me think that said teachers are just using the students to perpetrate their own agenda, actual rights be damned. Of course, these teachers may just be idiots themselves.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

If you want a report on the situation that's not by American media here is one from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34772080

Note that the BBC article mentions the same very few incidents that I did and the seemingly disproportional response by the protestors. When it talks about other race incidents at the University of Missouri it has to go back to one that happened in 1935.

It does mention a purported incident or racism at Yale but let's look into the issue.

Students accuse Yale SAE fraternity brother of saying ??white girls only?? at party door.

Now this sounds like blatant racism. However, was that actually what was said? Also, who said it?

That night, no one with a Yale ID was turned away before 11:15 p.m., the member said. Yale and New Haven police had responded to noise complaints at the party, and brothers were told not to let anyone else in, to avoid crowding. He said numerous students have said a woman who was denied entrance angrily challenged the man who stopped her, screaming: ??It??s because I??m black, isn??t it??

It was uncomfortable, he said, in part because the fraternity brother in question [the man that purportedly turned the black girl away] is African American. He said that his chapter is racially diverse but that some in Yale??s black community have called black SAE members ??Uncle Tom,? making them feel like they are being forced to choose between siding with the fraternity or others of their race.

What also is not mentioned by American media covering these protests are the incidents where Black student groups have banned non-Black students from their events.

Student Who Banned White Men From Diversity Event Insists: ??I Can??t Be Racist Because I??m Not White?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/05 ... not-white/

White high school students barred from attending Black Lives Matter event

http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/03/white ... ter-event/

And so on.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

zkra wrote:Cut out the trolling, Metis!

We all know very well that women actually mean "yes" when they say "no": Most of those protesters wanted the reporter to slap his way through them.
So that really wasn''t a journalist in violation, such a joke. Those women simply had their periods. You can''t really blame them, can you?

Such a cheap try!
Arkz, you can''t avoid a ban by just changing your username. Also, your vitriolic spew just contaminates an otherwise legitimate discussion of an important issue.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Looks like metis is back to it's shitposts again..
Error 404: Signature not found
Howdah

Post by Metis »

[quote="noissance"][/quote]What is "shitpost" about an issue concerning attempted censorship of the press by a group purporting to be standing up for civil rights?

If nobody here wants to discuss actual issues and would rather just run around calling each other names and telling penis jokes then I''ll just go elsewhere.