Switzerland is being used by people who want more guns in the US

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Switzerland is being used by people who want more guns in the US

Post by bobabu »

It's sad that switzerland is being used as an example that guns aren't bad.
It's true that we have a lot of guns compared to other countries and less restrictions. Our crime rate is very low aswell.
But if you actually look at the crimes related to gun violence, we actually have more than other countries.
So don't be deceived.
I can even give your more arguments to support this theory if needed.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Switzerland is being used by people who want more guns in the US

Post by Dolan »

#zoomcheat #bobabu4lyfe
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Dolan are you related to DangerDolan on youtube by any chance?
Error 404: Signature not found
Australia legion
Crossbow

Post by legion »

Speaking from an Australian perspective, we banned firearms after the Port Arthur Massacre and have had nothing like that ever happen since. Although now it is really only motorcycle gangs or other crime syndicates (sometimes the odd criminal) who are known to carry firearms, so the only people with firearms are criminals.. or the police or if you apply for a license (we can apply for a firearm license but this is a very rigorous procedure and very expensive and police literally come and check regularly that it is locked in a gun-safe.)

Do you think removing guns would relieve the crimes related to gun violence in Switzerland or make it worse?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

legion wrote:Speaking from an Australian perspective, we banned firearms after the Port Arthur Massacre and have had nothing like that ever happen since. Although now it is really only motorcycle gangs or other crime syndicates (sometimes the odd criminal) who are known to carry firearms, so the only people with firearms are criminals.. or the police or if you apply for a license (we can apply for a firearm license but this is a very rigorous procedure and very expensive and police literally come and check regularly that it is locked in a gun-safe.)

Do you think removing guns would relieve the crimes related to gun violence in Switzerland or make it worse?

Well I do favor stricter gun laws in the U.S. it's a much different situation because it is so much easier to smuggle illegal firearms into the U.S. than doing the same in Australia.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Australia legion
Crossbow

Post by legion »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
legion wrote:Speaking from an Australian perspective, we banned firearms after the Port Arthur Massacre and have had nothing like that ever happen since. Although now it is really only motorcycle gangs or other crime syndicates (sometimes the odd criminal) who are known to carry firearms, so the only people with firearms are criminals.. or the police or if you apply for a license (we can apply for a firearm license but this is a very rigorous procedure and very expensive and police literally come and check regularly that it is locked in a gun-safe.)

Well I do favor stricter gun laws in the U.S. it's a much different situation because it is so much easier to smuggle illegal firearms into the U.S. than doing the same in Australia.

Yes I totally agree, my brother actually met a Bosnian man on a building site here in Sydney the other day who used to smuggle guns (in Bosnia, where his entire family was killed besides his mother who literally forced him to move to Australia) so I definitely think it's a universal problem. What is the most powerful weapon available for purchase over the counter in the USA?
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

legion wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Yes I totally agree, my brother actually met a Bosnian man on a building site here in Sydney the other day who used to smuggle guns (in Bosnia, where his entire family was killed besides his mother who literally forced him to move to Australia) so I definitely think it's a universal problem. What is the most powerful weapon available for purchase over the counter in the USA?

Not sure, but its more than likely really powerful
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

legion wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

I am not really sure, I've never bought a gun in my life. Although I do know that there are different laws state to state.
Australia legion
Crossbow

Post by legion »

I have seen some instances of people carrying what looked like assault rifles/military-style rifles (i.e Oregon) and wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

legion wrote:I have seen some instances of people carrying what looked like assault rifles/military-style rifles (i.e Oregon) and wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask.

I think those are banned in more liberal states but not federally.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
legion wrote:I have seen some instances of people carrying what looked like assault rifles/military-style rifles (i.e Oregon) and wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask.

I'm a liberal, but the juxtaposition in that sentence is hilarious
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:I can't be fucked to argue this (otherwise interesting) topic with internet liberal warriors hiding behind confirmation bias and refusing to see the other side of the issue.

Anyone arguing to take away rights from citizens to give it to the government needs to have very solid arguments; they are otherwise merely fascists or communists. Just look at what the French governments have done to France over the past few decades- transforming a once proud country into a fucking shithole.

I get you incog, im over here standing up for america!

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iNcog wrote:I can't be fucked to argue this (otherwise interesting) topic with internet liberal warriors hiding behind confirmation bias and refusing to see the other side of the issue.

Anyone arguing to take away rights from citizens to give it to the government needs to have very solid arguments; they are otherwise merely fascists or communists. Just look at what the French governments have done to France over the past few decades- transforming a once proud country into a fucking shithole.

Well I won't devolve into arguments about this, I do have to ask: what are your thoughts on the thread moving scandal?
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

You should fight for the rights which are important. In switzerland we have the direct democracy so we have much more rights. The right to have a good education is more important.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

ovi12 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

I'm a liberal, but the juxtaposition in that sentence is hilarious

It's funny how it's the 'liberals' in America who ban things.
Top quality poster.
Switzerland niedhalf
Musketeer
ESO: Niedhalf

Post by niedhalf »

well as far as i know the most cases of death by fire arms in switzerland are suicides so....crimes related to violence with knifes involved are much higher then the "guns related" ones.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

niedhalf wrote:well as far as i know the most cases of death by fire arms in switzerland are suicides so....crimes related to violence with knifes involved are much higher then the "guns related" ones.

That's true but we also have a lot of crimes in which the shooter kills his family first and then commits suicide.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

claims people opposing guns have confirmation bias while strongly for guns.

10/10 thread.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:

claims people opposing guns have confirmation bias while strongly for guns.

10/10 thread.

Don't you realize how retarded and ignorant it is to claim that someone has a confirmation bias because they have an idea which is different than your own, or what is widely accepted?

There are many good arguments out there which would advocate banning firearms, however whenever I have this debate with people, they never come up. Instead the arguments which I find are communist ideas and people hiding behind "you're wrong because you're a fucking stupid american" which Europeans love. That's what these debates often come to, instead of rational and intelligent argumentation.

I'm not saying that you have confirmation bias because you "oppose guns". I'm saying that quite a lot of the (european) idiots on the internet which DO oppose guns are 110% more guilty of confirmation bias than some of the pro-gun advocates. However the idea that someone with a different idea than you could actually be right is waaaaay over the top of most peoples' heads.

Yea really wish there were more americans to talk with on here.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

Yeah, I fear what will happen in the next few decades. What scares me more is the blatant disregard for the constitution and the media backing it.
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --