Hillary Clinton for president

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: Hillary Clinton for president

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

n0eL wrote:NPR, New York Times, Washington post

What makes these real news venues? because they are owned by the top 6 corporations that control 2000 news media outlets? they all have an agenda and can't be trusted.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
n0eL wrote:NPR, New York Times, Washington post

What makes these real news venues? because they are owned by the top 6 corporations that control 2000 news media outlets? they all have an agenda and can't be trusted.

howlingwolfpaw has an agenda and can't be trusted
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

your right I do have an agenda to expose the corruption and crimes. So I can not be trusted to be silent on the issues.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:your right I do have an agenda to expose the corruption and crimes. So I can not be trusted to be silent on the issues.

wasn't your name mentioned in wikileaks as well? :hmm:
Top quality poster.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:your right I do have an agenda to expose the corruption and crimes. So I can not be trusted to be silent on the issues.

Where do you get news without an agenda?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

nice point, that's what makes it good to look at a variety of news sources giving different perspectives. But ultimately if you are not there witnessing an event you are not witness enough to testify in court so there for are only capable of a solid testimony. As for me I support neither candidate so I look at the stories for each. So that is why I say if you are going on the notion to vote for the lesser of 2 evils, vote TRUMP. But I hope 3rd party candidates get record number of votes this year.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

no im pretty serious. neither will be great. not even good.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

trump represents what is wrong with america culturally, clinton reperesents what is wrong with the country politicaly and economically/ millitary.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

the guy that is on tape bragging about sexual assault says (once again) that noone has greater respect for woman and later interrupts his opponent - a woman - saying "such a nasty woman"....u rly can't make this shit up :biggrin:

he prepared that line? i mean how stupid can u be haha
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

A country constantly being at war isn't a new thing, no matter who is president or what the current "war power" laws are. There has not been a ten-year period in the USA's history that it hasn't been involved in some conflict, and you can probably say the same for Britain too and for other countries at the height of their empire, such as France, Rome, Greece, etc. Warfare is just a reality for a large, powerful geopolitical entity. The only reason that some smaller countries get away with being "peaceful" is that they have signed treaties so that somebody else's soldiers will protect them, or are so isolated or non-consequential resource-wise that nobody cares to try to take them over.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Metis wrote:A country constantly being at war isn't a new thing, no matter who is president or what the current "war power" laws are. There has not been a ten-year period in the USA's history that it hasn't been involved in some conflict, and you can probably say the same for Britain too and for other countries at the height of their empire, such as France, Rome, Greece, etc. Warfare is just a reality for a large, powerful geopolitical entity. The only reason that some smaller countries get away with being "peaceful" is that they have signed treaties so that somebody else's soldiers will protect them, or are so isolated or non-consequential resource-wise that nobody cares to try to take them over.

Pax Britannica
Top quality poster.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Metis wrote:A country constantly being at war isn't a new thing, no matter who is president or what the current "war power" laws are. There has not been a ten-year period in the USA's history that it hasn't been involved in some conflict, and you can probably say the same for Britain too and for other countries at the height of their empire, such as France, Rome, Greece, etc. Warfare is just a reality for a large, powerful geopolitical entity. The only reason that some smaller countries get away with being "peaceful" is that they have signed treaties so that somebody else's soldiers will protect them, or are so isolated or non-consequential resource-wise that nobody cares to try to take them over.

Yeag exactly. Just look at switzerland!
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

damn i want to have sex with metis now
Top quality poster.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Jerom wrote:Yeag exactly. Just look at switzerland!

Switzerland is difficult to conquer, being in the mountains as it is, with easily-defended passes. The Germans had plans to invade Switzerland but eventually considered the benefits not worth the cost of opening up another front line. During WWII, Swiss banks also were tacitly aiding the Axis powers by laundering their money. After the war, those Swiss Francs came in handy for some former Nazis.

This doesn't mean that the Swiss didn't take their borders seriously though, and when German aircraft violated their airspace they shot several of them down. They shot at the occasional Allied plane that strayed into their airspace too. My great uncle and cousin were in the Air Corps in WWII and they said that, talking to former Air Corps POWs, they got the feeling that it all depended on where you landed in Switzerland as to how you were treated; some of the Swiss were pro-Allies and some were pro-Axis. Although there was no overt war in the country, quite a bit of intelligence work occurred in Switzerland during the World Wars. Switzerland is where Sommerset Maugham served as an intelligence agent in WWI.

I've only been to Switzerland once and can remember just about none of it as I was very small at the time. I've got pictures proving I was there though. However, I am pretty close to being Swiss myself, by birth, as I was born only 70 miles from the Swiss border.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Switzerland is also not very important. The United States is a superpower and other countries depend on us to keep them safe.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Sweden is overpowered
Top quality poster.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Laurence Drake wrote:Sweden is overpowered

We have quite a few people of Swedish descent here in the US. One local town here, Lindsborg, was founded by Swedish emigrants and still has a lot of Swedish culture to this day. As of the last census, over four million Americans claimed Swedish ancestry, nearly half as many people as currently live in Sweden itself.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Europe would be a superpower if its people hadn't all moved to america
Top quality poster.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Laurence Drake wrote:Europe would be a superpower if its people hadn't all moved to america

That's one reason why America is so strong -- many of the most adventurous of the people of other countries came here to live.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I am part swedish! going through some old photographs today we have one of our ancestors from the 1850's. They lived in a brick/stone house/cabin shaped like a ] with vertical wood siding for the roof triangles like an old barn, out in a grassy country side. It was beautiful.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I am part swedish! going through some old photographs today we have one of our ancestors from the 1850's. They lived in a brick/stone house/cabin shaped like a ] with vertical wood siding for the roof triangles like an old barn, out in a grassy country side. It was beautiful.

and they left to scratch in the dust on the midwestern prairie.
Top quality poster.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Metis wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:Europe would be a superpower if its people hadn't all moved to america

That's one reason why America is so strong -- many of the most adventurous of the people of other countries came here to live.

Lol more like the rejects
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Goodspeed wrote:
Metis wrote:

Those who will end up being pioneers and frontiersmen usually don't fit in well in a controlled and regimented society.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Goodspeed wrote:
Metis wrote:

Wasn't that australia?
Error 404: Signature not found