Coup in Turkey ~ Breeze please stay safe!

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: Breeze please stay safe!

Post by lordraphael »

BrookG wrote:It is said, Erdogan flies to London, after the rejection of asylum from Germany.

If the rumours are true,I dont see why he would go to germany in the first place. He bashed our goverment for months now and expects a warm welcome ? That being said I cant believe germany would reject asylum for Erdogan, not with merkel as chancellor. I dont think she has the balls to do sth like that.
Last time I checked it was being said that Erdogan is on its way to Ankara.... All very confusing
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Dolan wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:I may be wrong, but I think neither Russia nor the USA wants this coup d'état. It's not in their interest imo.

Turkey was turning too much back to Islamism and Erdogan's rule was turning authoritarian. He was also suspected to support ISIS in Syria.
It looks like removing him from power serves American interests. Not Russian, yeah.
But Turkey is their NATO ally and so far, Erdogan was anti-Russian enough, although Russia-Turkey relations have been getting better lately. Also, John Kerry just said he hoped "for stability, peace, continuity in Turkey". Bluff?
Jaeger

lordraphael wrote:
BrookG wrote:It is said, Erdogan flies to London, after the rejection of asylum from Germany.

If the rumours are true,I dont see why he would go to germany in the first place. He bashed our goverment for months now and expects a warm welcome ? That being said I cant believe germany would reject asylum for Erdogan, not with merkel as chancellor. I dont think she has the balls to do sth like that.
Last time I checked it was being said that Erdogan is on its way to Ankara.... All very confusing
We have to be careful with rumours. Yesterday they said the Eiffel Tower was on fire and that there was a hostage-taking in a pub in Nice...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Shots 'fired at national intelligence HQ'

Erdogan 'was on holiday in Marmaris'
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was reportedly on holiday in the Mediterranean resort town of Marmaris when the coup attempt was launched.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan hit out at what he called the "parallel structure" in his interview on CNN Turk - it's believed to be shorthand for the followers of Fethullah Gulen, a US-based Muslim cleric who Mr Erdgoan has accused in the past of leading coup attempts.

'Helicopter shoots at presidential palace'

EU urges 'restraint and respect for democratic institutions'
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Mimsy for President wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:I may be wrong, but I think neither Russia nor the USA wants this coup d'état. It's not in their interest imo.

Turkey was turning too much back to Islamism and Erdogan's rule was turning authoritarian. He was also suspected to support ISIS in Syria.
It looks like removing him from power serves American interests. Not Russian, yeah.
But Turkey is their NATO ally and so far, Erdogan was anti-Russian enough, although Russia-Turkey relations have been getting better lately. Also, John Kerry just said he hoped "for stability, peace, continuity in Turkey". Bluff?

Let's just put it this way: at least officially, NATO allies are fighting ISIS in Syria. Erdogan, reportedly was helping ISIS in Syria. That wasn't quite the behaviour you'd expect from a NATO member, right?
Jaeger

Dolan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Let's just put it this way: at least officially, NATO allies are fighting ISIS in Syria. Erdogan, reportedly was helping ISIS in Syria. That wasn't quite the behaviour you'd expect from a NATO member?
No way Turkey was helping ISIS... Rather the United Turkmen Army. They are those who shot down the Russian chopper that was supposed to evacuate the Russian jet pilot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZCp-DGrkHs
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Dolan wrote:

Involvement from the USA doesnt even seem that unlikely imo. 1) Erdogan has the support of the majority of voters in Turkey, meaning a coup has a very minor chance of success and isnt sth a sane man would do, unless you have some mighty ally backing you in secret.
2) Relationsship with russia was improving at a tremendous rate. Nothing which the USA can be happy about. And as Dolan said Erdogan was trying as hard as he could to transform the last decently functioning democracy in the middle east into an autocracy with islamistic features, again, nothing the USA would like.

However would the USA really risk everything to get rid of Erdogan? Turkey is still a NATO member and a historical ally of the west in this region. And even in an authocratic regime this relationship would countinue. Its not like the USA and the other western Nations are very picky when it comes down to their partners ( see saudi arabia, katar, China,etc )

Personally, Neither am I thinking this coup will succed nor do I believe that the USA is involved in this. If the USA is actually involved in this the are really playing with fire. To use an aoe analogy : They are trying to rush germany with dutch. high risk- low reward. Not sth you would do if you are clever.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

ISIS is fighting against Kurds, the Syrian government and Iraq's Shia government. Plenty of reasons for Erdogan to secretely support ISIS.
Jaeger

Dolan wrote:ISIS is fighting against Kurds, the Syrian government and Iraq's Shia government. Plenty of reasons for Erdogan to secretely support ISIS.
ISIS is fighting Peshmergas and Yazidis while Turkey is fighting PKK aka the communist Kurds. Ethnically they are the same people but they are not one same faction. There is no way Turkey would support ISIS, it's like playing with nitroglycerin. I feel like the Russians spread this lie once their jet has got shot down.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ok updated news. just was close to governership building. they shot down people so many from heads.
and the people are ALL OF THEM ARE HERE! EVEN ANTI GOVERNERS ARE HERE! NOONE SUPPORT THIS!
NOW WE ALL ARE IN OUTSIDE AND DEFEND OUR COUNTRY!
Jaeger

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg[/video]
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

UPDATE! WE TAKING COUNTRY BACK! LOOK THE VIDEOS!
https://www.facebook.com/tcbasbakani/vi ... 119170088/
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This is basically a clash between forces that want a more secular state in Turkey and forces that want a more religious/traditional state.

For example:
Antalya imam: 'Take to streets for democracy'.
There are plenty of reports on social media that the dawn call to prayer has been heard coming from mosques in Istanbul hours ahead of schedule. This means religious leaders are encouraging people to take it to the streets to support Erdogan.

LE. Now Obama and Kerry come out supporting 'democratically-elected government'. So, maybe the USA wasn't involved, after all.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

What a mess. I really hope both parties avoid a bloodshed, especially among civilizians. Stay safe, Breeze.

On another note, I'm flying to Greece in 3 hours, flying above Turkey. I hope they redirect the route lol.

Nevermind I'm retarded.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

thanks.
No Flag Generator
Musketeer

Military coup is Turkey

Post by Generator »

This is rather new so the details are not all there yet but I find it very interesting.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPKnF_k2tl0[/video]
Jaeger

Some putschists fired on civilians with a Cobra helicopter. A jet shot it down.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvyZvLDjvU[/video]
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Holy crap, it seems the army actually fired on civilians in Ankara. There is some footage showing gore scenes of dead people on a bridge.

Also, in the meantime the parliament is under siege.

These guys seem committed or maybe they're just scared they can't back down anymore, since that would mean they will get put to trial.
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

Whos winning :O Has the entire military turned or are their still loyalist forces?
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jamesmp98 wrote:Whos winning :O Has the entire military turned or are their still loyalist forces?

civilians are winning. but a lot of people unfortunately dead, i just saw 5 dead people and atleast 20 injured people near here,
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

deleted_user wrote:
jamesmp98 wrote:Whos winning :O Has the entire military turned or are their still loyalist forces?

civilians are winning. but a lot of people unfortunately dead, i just saw 5 dead people and atleast 20 injured people near here,

might wana try stayin inside buddy.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Coup in Turkey ~ Breeze please stay safe!

Post by zoom »

SHOTS FIRED!

Martian law for the win!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Well breeze just watch out, go inside and play some aoe or sth. The community needs your kebab ;)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mvp618 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

might wana try stayin inside buddy.

never leave the castle
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

damn why do the soldiers have to be so incompetent.
Top quality poster.