Should all drugs be legal?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Should all drugs be legal?

Post by HeatitUP_ »

I'm so sick of having to wait every month for my 30 day supply at the pharmacy! Dont you guys think all drugs should simply be legal without any regulation? The next time the fucking pharcmacy tells me "sry sir ur to early try again in a few days" IMMA FUCKING L:OSE IT
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Should all drugs be legal?

Post by pecelot »

great now seriously fck off already, it's not even funny
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

The mods don't even care any more. Too busy sucking each other's dicks.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

What drugs are you refering to?

Anyway I do not think should be legal - most ppl are easy addicted to drugs.
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

pecelot wrote:great now seriously fck off already, it's not even funny

I wasn't clear in my initial post so I'll let your flame slide. I came up with a common scenario I hear of way to often which turns people into criminals who were otherwise law abiding citizens.

It's a serious topic because I'm sick of seeing many people getting thrown in prison when they are already law abiding. Is locking people up the solution?

Drugs don't make a criminal but the justice system can make a criminal out of anyone because jail/prison will change you in a bad way.

I'm not sure what Europeans take on this topic is so I'm interested to see different point of views. I agree with some European incarceration system where they treat people like humans and not like dehumanized caged animal scum.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

I think 50% of Dutch ESOC population are stoners!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

dietschlander wrote:I think 50% of Dutch ESOC population are stoners!

Many dutch people don't consume marijuana because it has a legal market there and thus not a forbidden fruit. Although not totally legal in the Netherlands, it's tolerated if you do it in coffee shops or other places where they will not go after you and leave you be.
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

^ thx for the update. Let me inform you that 75% of neighborhood is stoned
Chile BigThunderMan
Crossbow
ESO: KingErick

Post by BigThunderMan »

I think it should be legal, but I don't smoke much because I just don't enjoy it. I prefer the sweet lonely company of a bottle, some lube, and a blow up doll.

(Trying to see how far I can go here, I guess.)
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

It depends. Do you plan on going to an Emergency Room if you overdose (costing everyone else money) on your drugs?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

If you drive a car you can get involved in an accident for which everyone will play, too! :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

HeatitUP_ wrote:
dietschlander wrote:I think 50% of Dutch ESOC population are stoners!

Many dutch people don't consume marijuana because it has a legal market there and thus not a forbidden fruit. Although not totally legal in the Netherlands, it's tolerated if you do it in coffee shops or other places where they will not go after you and leave you be.

Actually I wonder if I ever would've gotten around to using weed if it was illegal. I didnt ever try it while legal though. In the end forcing the law on people just doesn't seem to work out. You might aswell legalize it so that you (the government) can get tax money from it, so that you prevent a drug circuit ruling the street and so that you can make sure the quality of the weed that is being sold is up to standards. Those are three arguments for legalizing weed that sound very reasonable in my eyes.

When it comes to more destructive stuff like heroin or cocaine im not really sure what'd be best.
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

I've never used weed because it's not worth all that trouble just to get high. I don't think cocaine is as destructive as you think it is and it seems appealing but it's not worth the trouble either.

Some government suits got pissed off at drug users mid 20th Century and therefore it became banned as retribution. I like Donald Trump's view that legalizing drugs is good for business and tax revenue :flowers: Unfortunatly the religious asshole ignorant idiot mass doesn't agree but we'll see what Donald Trump does once elected. Hillary will be a worse version of Obama and make everything unbearable.

If Hillary gets elected then the agenda will be pushed so far to the left that you'll eventually get banned on forums and the reason will be "just for hurting someones feelings" :uglylol:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Cocaine is reaaaally addictive though, at least from what I've heard/read about it. Weed on the other hand is not that addictive. If coke was cheaper maybe it wouldnt have such fargoing consequences on someone's life though, maybe its not that bad then.
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Jerom wrote:Cocaine is reaaaally addictive though, at least from what I've heard/read about it. Weed on the other hand is not that addictive. If coke was cheaper maybe it wouldnt have such fargoing consequences on someone's life though, maybe its not that bad then.

Marijuana is a depressant while cocaine is speed. I've tried other variations of speed such as amphetamines and it's WAY better than alcohol a depressant but that's all I have to compare.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well honestly I don't know much about many sorts of drugs as Ive really only tried (abundantly) alcohol, but I can imagine there are some criteria that you can use to deduce to allow or not allow a certain drug. Weed to me seems not that bad at all, cocaine could be a bit over the top, but well I don't really know that for sure.
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

@jerom imo that is a bit of a problem... you not knowing because of lag of personal experience (or those of close ones)

believe me drugs are mostly f*cking ppll up, specially long term usage
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well I listed some arguments as to why you could still legalize a relatively harmless drug like weed, even though it still fucks up lifes.

After all, cigarettes and alcohol are legal too.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

If jumping off a cliff was legal would you do that too?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Lol. That's a ridiculous argument
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Im pretty sure its supposed to be. The sad thing about making drugs illegal is that it doesnt seem to achieve anything.
Estonia BraveDryWall
Crossbow
ESO: ok

Post by BraveDryWall »

Face it, drugs are gonna fuck you up if you take them, especially like @dietschlander said with long term usage.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Pretty sure forbidding drugs just sucks. It creates crime, poor quality drugs (so even worse for the consume's health), black market (imagine all the money we could get from taxes...), and we even need to pay cops and jail to deal with all the drug problems, when we have in fact much more important stuff to deal with atm. Would be better if drugs were regulated, sold in specific places, so that the state actually gets money from the taxes as it should, with good quality products. It would even create employment. And I doubt more people would start using those drugs, for example iirc there is a smaller proportion of the population smoking/eating weed in NL than in France...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Kaiserklein wrote:Pretty sure forbidding drugs just sucks. It creates crime, poor quality drugs (so even worse for the consume's health), black market (imagine all the money we could get from taxes...), and we even need to pay cops and jail to deal with all the drug problems, when we have in fact much more important stuff to deal with atm. Would be better if drugs were regulated, sold in specific places, so that the state actually gets money from the taxes as it should, with good quality products. It would even create employment. And I doubt more people would start using those drugs, for example iirc there is a smaller proportion of the population smoking/eating weed in NL than in France...

If that is really true France is seriously f*cked.
Btw pls stop getting your weed from our shops, couple of weeks ago my shop ran out!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

The weed usage in NL is basically just average.