Zoom, tell me how to English like you.

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Zoom, tell me how to English like you.

Post by Gendarme »

Title speaks for itself. Tell me ur secretz plz @zoom .
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Zoom, tell me how to English like you.

Post by momuuu »

Yeah zoi's english is amazing. Wish mine was as amazing.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Tanks. Although my written English is well above secondary speaker average, I don't consider it amazing. Besides, everything I know, I've learned from Birdie87 (a.k.a Goodspeed dos Favelas).

Your English being fine, I don't see the point of this thread; please reserve its kind for acknowledgement aficionado-desperados like his Lordship Lord Mankl the Mad, etc...
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

zoom wrote:Tanks. Although my written English is well above secondary speaker average, I don't consider it amazing. Besides, everything I know, I've learned from Birdie87 (a.k.a Goodspeed dos Favelas).

Your English being fine, I don't see the point of this thread; please reserve its kind for acknowledgement aficionado-desperados like his Lordship Lord Mankl the Mad, etc...

Being able to communicate in a given language does not indicate being able to express oneself with sufficient complexity and ease.
It is easy to depreciate or outright denounce somebody's aspirations of equality to our prowess, only because we still can see much room for improvement for ourselves in the chosen discipline.
I assume the OP hoped to receive precise methodological advice.
#justsaying :flowers:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I'm pretty sure zoom spends at least 15 minutes on a sentence. It only makes him look smart but it takes others more time to decrypt his messages. This is especially annoying if he's trying to say something, which is of course rare.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

aiz's english is pretty good for an elifent
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

iNcog wrote:Zoom can mash out amazing posts at approximately 3 sentences a minute. Have a skype convo with him to see it live!

ye zooms spoken english is "well above secondary speaker average" aswell.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Moved to the News and Culture section of the Town Center, as this thread is more about zoi's role as a cultural icon than an AoE3 player.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Everyone is Zoi? Everywhere I turn it's Zoi with a different username. And weren't you Swedish? Sweden != New Zealand FYI.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Imperial Noob wrote:
zoom wrote:Tanks. Although my written English is well above secondary speaker average, I don't consider it amazing. Besides, everything I know, I've learned from Birdie87 (a.k.a Goodspeed dos Favelas).

Being able to communicate in a given language does not indicate being able to express oneself with sufficient complexity and ease.
It is easy to depreciate or outright denounce somebody's aspirations of equality to our prowess, only because we still can see a lot room for improvement for ourselves in the chosen discipline.
I assume the OP hoped to receive a precise methodological advise.

And yes, this is right on point.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Imperial Noob wrote:

It is easy to depreciate or outright denounce somebody's aspirations of equality to our prowess, only because we still can see much room for improvement for ourselves in the chosen discipline.
The wrong category of number & part of speech applied to "advice" notwithstanding, I agree.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I'm pretty sure zoom spends at least 15 minutes on a sentence. It only makes him look smart but it takes others more time to decrypt his messages. This is especially annoying if he's trying to say something, which is of course rare.
This indeed.

P.S. I am getting to that.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:I'm pretty sure zoom spends at least 15 minutes on a sentence. It only makes him look smart but it takes others more time to decrypt his messages. This is especially annoying if he's trying to say something, which is of course rare.
This indeed.

http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=180213#p180213

There you are. Thank you kindly for your patience.

The other dai I corrected someone on using the word "sneaked", convinced the proper conjugation is "snuck". Now that is disgraceful...
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

zoom wrote:
zoom wrote:
This indeed.

http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=180213#p180213

There you are. Thank you kindly for your patience.

The other dai I corrected someone on using the word "sneaked", convinced the proper conjugation is "snuck". Now that is disgraceful...
:P
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I am not aware of that.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:

The wrong category of number & part of speech applied to "advice" notwithstanding, I agree.
I have recently come to realize that I should explain my above post:

"Advise" belongs exclusively to the Verbs lexical category (also referred to as "part(s)-of-speech", other lexical categories include Nouns and Adjectives). Failing to substitute for it the Noun "advice" aside, the latter happens to be an uncountable – a Noun or Pronoun defying categories of number singular and plural alike; the two ironically uncountables in their own right. However, in the case of "advice" – as well as "news", among others – one might, for example, say "a (or one or more) piece(s) of advice", or "some (or little) advice".
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Lol wtf this post! haha now im aka Goodspeed dos favelas and teaching english to zoom?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

AraGun wrote:Lol wtf this post! haha now im aka Goodspeed dos favelas and teaching english to zoom?

Teach me, wise one. I am at your feet, requesting guidance.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Zoi is quite fun to talk with, especially live. His English is very good though sometimes his own, ummm, pompousness, comes to bite him in the ass when he is mistakenly mistaken. Though these occurrences are rare, they do exist, and zoi does a very nice job admitting his errors, always.

But in true zoi fashion, I'm sure he will find multiple errors in my passage above. I'm almost certain I am constantly misusing/overusing commas in general, for instance.

It's fun watching others interact with him, especially if they do not know him.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Welcome to the thread, Callen.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Gendarme wrote:Everyone is Zoi? Everywhere I turn it's Zoi with a different username. And weren't you Swedish? Sweden != New Zealand FYI.

Impossible, we don't speak English here.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Zoi's English is totally incomprehensible. In fact, I often wonder if Zoi knows what he is saying.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

"totally" is a significant exaggeration, I must say.