Are you ready for the future?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: Are you ready for the future?

Post by Laurence Drake »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:200 yrs ago everyone had a place. The world was full of local tailors, cobblers, bakers, farmers etc... everyone filled a niche in their community and lived authentically to their means. Then the industrial revolution started to centralize production into mass quantities paying people bare minimums for their work. They still ran the machines though. Today the machines are beginning to run themselves. with fewer people needed to maintain them. Even college educated people are finding it hard to get jobs in their fields. Something has to give.

If it bothers you that much you could always join these people.
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I would very much like to take on and perfect a craft, problem is I have so many varied interest and not a workshop at the moment.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I would very much like to take on and perfect a craft, problem is I have so many varied interest and not a workshop at the moment.

Universal basic income is the answer
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

it really is the only thing that makes sense. When issuing money into existence it should not be the sole privelege of banksters but that of the people of that nation. when that happens all will prosper and be able to create their dreams rather than eek out just struggling to survive.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

You just aren't ready for the future, man.
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

with honor I say I honor the path of the ancestors. The millenials just aren't prepared for the reality. That all that future is built on is very unstable, costly to maintain (satellites etc...) and are the first target in any full scale war which will most likely happen as resources deplete due to exponential population growth.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Malthusian thought was discredited a while ago tbh
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

by whom and how? I dont think that is the case.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

buy an economics textbook and read it
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

im cusp of gen x/y

there are a finite amount of resources in the world and we are all at play for them and the "american dream" population has been growing at exponential rates and because of globalization it makes that top out of homeostasis delayed but worse. For instance India, Way over populated for its resources so instead of a natural population decrease due to starvation and famine resulting into civ unrest, they are subsidized and resources taken from more prosperous places. Allowing their population to grow even more and be a greater hardship to the land.

Also note populations being decimated in the middle east over wars for oil, a resources that is highly prized.

Its the rare earth minerals and clean water that will be the new global currency. because so many people results in to much more waste and pollution. dont be so naive to think there we do not need to live in balance with the earth.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka32NrYJSgk[/video]
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

@Jam , the video is broukun
@howlingwolfpaw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

no im not a luddite. I realize technology has its place. But I am not naive enough to think it is infallible either. Especially as infrastructure ages and societies are at odds for resources and monetary control. If you get too complacent with technology it can become a crutch.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:no im not a luddite. I realize technology has its place. But I am not naive enough to think it is infallible either. Especially as infrastructure ages and societies are at odds for resources and monetary control. If you get too complacent with technology it can become a crutch.

You sound a lot like @gustavusadolphus here. He works with computers but is quite wary of technology!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Even techies in silicon valley, in their private schools dont let kids use computers until high school
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Source?
Also, why do you even propose a global income?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

because as it is money come into existence through the banks to the govts. giving unlimited wealth to banksters. this is obviously corrupt. Having money come into existence through the govt directly to the people is the proper relationship in a republic. as this is the peoples govt and not run by a king or bank. a system like that would build wealth and offer a strong economy to fund the flow of resources from consumers to producers.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

as far as the silicon valley here are some links to articles I just googled. I first learned about it in a technology use in education class I was taking.

https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-net ... ley-london
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/techn ... -wait.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uters.html
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

thanks for the sources, they make your thought much more reliable

I don't think you should make such definite statements that banking system is just corrupt and that a perfect solution for that would be a global income
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

the banking system is utterly corrupt, I do not know what kind of working back ground you have in it or knowledge, I think you also have different perspectives coming from Poland (but its the same with the European centralized banking system)

Perfect? well define what a perfect system looks like. I would like you to come up with ideas on how money should be created into society. I think the ways I have talked about in other post though needs some flushing out of ideas pertaining to certain things, would do the world some justice.

money is just a representation of goods and services people exchange to forgo bartering. it is not something private bankers should be printing and lending to people to use. that creates financial slavery.