This makes me really sad

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

This makes me really sad

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I played today a game white my mates:
Gimmicks aka Kaiserklein, Hazza54321 and Sergyou7
Gimmicks was streaming the games (we was skyping) and for some reason People start flaming me, bc ima girl who play. should i hide that im a girl? I am standing that I am a girl and not bc i get a lot of attenion bc its how iam!
Well i don´t get it.
I know im really not good in Sup but to say always:
"Queen of noobs"
"why these guys play whit her"
"bc she is a girl"
Im fine when pp flame me sometimes but the whole games?
Need it to be? Is this the reson why pp stop streaming?
They play whit me bc we have fun together we are mates. They don´t care about Pr or something SO where is the Problem?
Aoe have so less people and most people accept me.
Maybe it is forbitten to play computergames as a girl?
IDK maybe some guys can answer me what is the reason to do this?
shit juice :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: This makes me really sad

Post by momuuu »

It surely affects people's behaviour that you are a girl. It does not just work like that online, it works like that in real life too, surely. Something you have to deal with I suppose. The opposite it true too, just not as prevalent online.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a sad and unfortunate reality that is prevalent virtually everywhere on the internet, more or less, to a similar degree. It's seldom easy being a woman online and realistically I wouldnt even know the start of it. It's difficult for me to relate to. I think anonymity definitely plays a part and while I know it's shitty advice, I would do my best to ignore the harsh comments and take solace in your newfound mates playing aoe. Consider yourself lucky you've made friends with a colonel and brig! I seldom have such ranks carry me in team games, take advantage of it all you can :p

Edit: I thought this was a particularly excellent quote: "i am standing that I am a girl and not bc i get a lot of attenion bc its how iam!" Hang in there. I think it's great that you play aoe.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Just ignore the persons who flames you , keep going and maybe some day you'll find true friends that could respect you.
But well, we can't deny that a girl gets a lot of attention in a whole community where the men is predominant, but just keep going with the game and over time you will be another member of the community.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, try to ignore it I guess, also perhaps you can work on turning it into joke. A gamer-girl will always be a vulnerable topic and some people will just make fun for the sake of it, not always to insult you. Relax and don't bother! :flowers:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

queenofdestiny wrote:I played today a game white my mates:
Gimmicks was streaming the games (we was skyping) and for some reason People start flaming me, bc ima girl who play. should i hide that im a girl? I am standing that I am a girl and not bc i get a lot of attenion bc its how iam!
Well i don´t get it.
"Queen of noobs"
"bc she is a girl"
They play whit me bc we have fun together we are mates. They don´t care about Pr or something SO where is the Problem?

I think its about time I should come in and say sorry, if what I said offended you. It was immature by my side to take the mickey out of you, seeing your reactions. I did not mean to hurt your feeling as well as imply something about your gender or skill capabilities. On the internet people can say a lot of stuff. I didn't know that what I said might truly hurt you, so I take back everything I said.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

In case you really don't understand what's going on, which I'm sure you do: When people see you getting preferential treatment from good players because you're female, and let's face it you probably are getting just that, they will jump on it like a bunch of vultures. Understandable but a shitty thing to do. Best ignore it and enjoy the game.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I think its in place to apologize @tedere12 And Im glad you did.

To everybody else reading this; I really think Queen has been brave to expose herself online - she is the only girl there! We should all appreciate that.
If you watch flaming cos anyone is a girl, or other sexist remarks, I would wish some of you bois would say "this is not ok - its childish - and we wont tolerate it here"

Btw - its not so long ago that we lost a female voice in the forums! Wont like that to happen again, would you?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

girls are funny and really smart. get over it wendy
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:I really think Queen has been brave to expose herself online
Phrasing

Sorry, was that bait?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I agree with Goodspeed. I treat females differently on the internet, and even more so in real life. I'm much harsher towards men than I am towards women, I always give women slightly more credit and I'm almost always slightly nicer to them. I keep stingy comments that I would make towards a man out of the conversation usually. I think that's pretty common, I see it as something almost all men do. The other way around, I feel like females are less bitchy towards me than towards other females.

So in a gaming community you probably are getting better treatment right, since its almost only males. Also, I feel like hazza, kaiser and sergyou are the ones that should be offended by the implication that they only wanna play with you because you're female. After all, that'd be a pretty desperate thing to do right?
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Well I don't care what is or isn't hanging between your legs, or anybody else's for that matter. I'll play games, stream games, and cast games with anyone so long as they haven't been an ass to me or my friends before. Those that do are just assholes and deserve to be ignored anyway.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

tedere12 wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:I played today a game white my mates:
Well i don´t get it.
"Queen of noobs"
"bc she is a girl"

I think its about time I should come in and say sorry, if what I said offended you. It was immature by my side to take the mickey out of you, seeing your reactions. I did not mean to hurt your feeling as well as imply something about your gender or skill capabilities. On the internet people can say a lot of stuff. I didn't know that what I said might truly hurt you, so I take back everything I said.

heros are born as heros, but for them to become a legend takes quit a bit of strength! u son just became my legend. god bless ya
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well, i dont think they play with her because ahe is a woman, but you get banned when you call her a noob, while you can call hazza a noob a day without punishment. Thing is, if theyre calling her a noob because shes a woman, the ban is justified, if they call her a noob because shes bad, its not. Considering shes a woman and bad (she admits this herself as many ppl admit this about themself) its kinda hard to distinguish.

In any case, the people thag were insulting her were your average troll, and whatever weakness you show they will exploit. So when you showed sensitivity towards being insulted for your gender, they smelled blood and jumped on it. Had you shown sensitivity for something else, they wouldve jumped on that.

So you can ignore them and change nothing. You can fight them, waste your energy and lose. Or you can warn them sincerely once, and just remove them from your channel forever if they dont respect your boundaries. Ofcourse the latter means theyll probably harbour a grudge and try of every way to get at you some more. Its a question of wanting the easy or the hard way out, i guess.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Some months ago a girl made about the same thread complaining about the exact same subject. It's sad that this happens and I think everything that Umeu wrote above is right. Anyway, feel free to add me if you want to play seriously without any flaming ;)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'm confused. Who is flaming you for being a woman? Players??

It seems to me that people tend to either take extra caution, or the opposite, whenever they think someone is a woman. It funnu. Accordingly, immediately telling everyone you meet online that you're female arguably means you can blame yourself for whatever additional abuse it brings – not morally, but practically.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Jerom wrote:I agree with Goodspeed. I treat females differently on the internet, and even more so in real life. I'm much harsher towards men than I am towards women, I always give women slightly more credit and I'm almost always slightly nicer to them. I keep stingy comments that I would make towards a man out of the conversation usually. I think that's pretty common, I see it as something almost all men do. The other way around, I feel like females are less bitchy towards me than towards other females.

So in a gaming community you probably are getting better treatment right, since its almost only males. Also, I feel like hazza, kaiser and sergyou are the ones that should be offended by the implication that they only wanna play with you because you're female. After all, that'd be a pretty desperate thing to do right?

let them believe what they want to believe, i honestly dont care
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:Well, i dont think they play with her because ahe is a woman, but you get banned when you call her a noob, while you can call hazza a noob a day without punishment. Thing is, if theyre calling her a noob because shes a woman, the ban is justified, if they call her a noob because shes bad, its not. Considering shes a woman and bad (she admits this herself as many ppl admit this about themself) its kinda hard to distinguish.

In any case, the people thag were insulting her were your average troll, and whatever weakness you show they will exploit. So when you showed sensitivity towards being insulted for your gender, they smelled blood and jumped on it. Had you shown sensitivity for something else, they wouldve jumped on that.

So you can ignore them and change nothing. You can fight them, waste your energy and lose. Or you can warn them sincerely once, and just remove them from your channel forever if they dont respect your boundaries. Ofcourse the latter means theyll probably harbour a grudge and try of every way to get at you some more. Its a question of wanting the easy or the hard way out, i guess.

but their opinion is justified because i am noob
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

You know you get kaiser to smurf me with some weird ppl obsing the game trying to make fun of me typing random spanish words.. Then I get mad at you and him for this for a few weeks I stayed mad... Today I asked kaiser to unban me from chat and I wasnt going to say anything more about the matter when I see you posting nightbot messages in the chat flaming me once again.. After this Im kinda glad your getting flamed.. dont really care if its cause your a girl or not, imo if we forget your a girl for once and just look at how you are in game and what you say it makes sense your getting flamed. Pretty sure your going to get flamed for the rest of your online career here at least in this game so GL with that!
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

The plot thickens!
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

AraGun wrote:You know you get kaiser to smurf me with some weird ppl obsing the game trying to make fun of me typing random spanish words.. Then I get mad at you and him for this for a few weeks I stayed mad... Today I asked kaiser to unban me from chat and I wasnt going to say anything more about the matter when I see you posting nightbot messages in the chat flaming me once again.. After this Im kinda glad your getting flamed.. dont really care if its cause your a girl or not, imo if we forget your a girl for once and just look at how you are in game and what you say it makes sense your getting flamed. Pretty sure your going to get flamed for the rest of your online career here at least in this game so GL with that!

How many times i said sorry to you?
Idk if you realized that i delt the command?

Yeah sometimes im retarded too, but i know where is the border and then i stopped.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

AraGun wrote:You know you get kaiser to smurf me with some weird ppl obsing the game trying to make fun of me typing random spanish words.. Then I get mad at you and him for this for a few weeks I stayed mad... Today I asked kaiser to unban me from chat and I wasnt going to say anything more about the matter when I see you posting nightbot messages in the chat flaming me once again.. After this Im kinda glad your getting flamed.. dont really care if its cause your a girl or not, imo if we forget your a girl for once and just look at how you are in game and what you say it makes sense your getting flamed. Pretty sure your going to get flamed for the rest of your online career here at least in this game so GL with that!

Why does she do that?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

queenofdestiny wrote:Yeah sometimes im retarded too, but i know where is the border and then i stopped.

Trying to humiliate me in public is crossing the ¨border¨ or line in my book.

If your really sorry I will forget about this and move on I dont want to hold grudges against anyone.. life is too short for that.
I hope your situation gets better you shouldnt be flamed for being a girl anywhere thats just wrong..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

AraGun wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:Yeah sometimes im retarded too, but i know where is the border and then i stopped.

Trying to humiliate me in public is crossing the ¨border¨ or line in my book.

If your really sorry I will forget about this and move on I dont want to hold grudges against anyone.. life is too short for that.
I hope your situation gets better you shouldnt be flamed for being a girl anywhere thats just wrong..

Reade what i wrote to you on the 19.11.16 in Skype
And it wanst me who did the command ... and you cam in a room and called me some stuff i dont want to repeat bc i dosent want drama!
Just look what i wrote idk if u have forgett about this!
and i just tryed to delt the command and i did ...you dont trust watch the stream again ^^
ok we fine now ^^
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I just treat everyone equally, man or woman. Not nicer to girls, not nicer to guys. Of course sometimes I feel pressured to be nicer to girls, but I try.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego