Rogue 1

Place open for new posts ā€” threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Rogue 1

Post by deleted_user »

I did admit I am a fanboy and that my opinion is worthless in my first post so I'm not exactly denying it.

I'm not a huge film fiend so my perception of what is objectively "good" and "bad" is not exactly very fleshed out outside of "I enjoyed that" or "I didn't enjoy that."
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

well I didn't enjoy rogue 1 and I'm not a fanboy so there's that
Top quality poster.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

deleted_user wrote:I thought the movie was actually really good but I'm a fanboy so that opinion is moot.

Better than TFA anyways.

Also the world building was really nice here. The movie had a great aesthetic.

same here, enjoyed it, im a fanboy too and it was no Episode I, so it gets a big fat like from me.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Laurence Drake wrote:Arrival was better than both films

didn't watch arrival so can't comment.
DENUDED ARRIVAL FANGIRL
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

I have zero interest. The plot is wrong for starters: Kyle Katarn stole the deathstar plans in the first mission in Dark Forces.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

vI thought Krennic was great. The movie really wanted me to watch the rest of the series, it almost makes it a 4 part series for the originals. Vader was well done as well and i really liked the divided nature of the direction the rebellion wanted to take. The only thing I didn't really like was that squid like monster. it felt out of place and unnecessary

TFA had great initial appeal but the more I saw it, the more I had wished it was something else. Had bad acting, rehashed story, terrible ending.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I really enjoyed it in the theater but the more I've thought about it the more I see the issues.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Did you Star Wars fans here know that "Princess Leia" just died?
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

people die all the time
Top quality poster.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Metis wrote:Did you Star Wars fans here know that "Princess Leia" just died?

yes she just passed and it is sad. Though her recovery from such an incident would have been very difficult (i hear she was not breathing for 10 minutes) She may never have been the same again or able to act. So I hope she can rest in peace.

It will be interesting to see how this will effect the next few films as she supposedly had a big part to play in ep 9 (her work for 8 was already done)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

I just watched the trilogy for the...... time tonight, and suddenly heard of that :(
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

60 is not that old. Hell, she was the same age as me! I hope I age as well as my neighbor across the street. She is 95 and was out shoveling snow the other day. Just goes to show you that riches and fame don't matter much where death is concerned. Even if you live in a country with the best doctors and can afford the best medical care, there are always conditions that are fatal no matter what.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well money and modern medicine have possibly done some amazing things for David Rockefeller who reportedly has had 7 heart transplants. But that helps for proactive care not reactive. When I heard she was not breathing for 10 minutes I had little hope for her recovery. But Yes Health and happiness is the true wealth of the world.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Metis wrote:Did you Star Wars fans here know that "Princess Leia" just died?

Yes. Thanks.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

i justz watched it i found it very good. What i dont like is the shit they do just for the sake of nostalgia. Also sad to hear about fisher.I I had just come out of the cinema when i heard about it, which almost seemed like fate considering she had the final moment of the movie. :O
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Good thing they are working on the CGI actors already
mad cuz bad
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

saw it on Christmas Eve on big ol' IMAX.

[spoiler=spoiler]I liked it for the most part. It had some beautiful shots (the deathstar with star destroyers next to it for scale, the overhead shots of the shield gate... gorgeous), the action was pretty intense, and darth vader slaughtering rebels was dope.

Would have been cool if Darth vader was able to kill the primaries IMO. After watching the trailers i was sure the rogue 1 rebels would be stealing the plans from inside the deathstar itself, and would be all killed by DV, but oh well. while i expected everyone to die, i didnt expect them to butcher the emotional aspect so badly. i usually cry like a baby in movies. i felt absolutely nothing for every death. they had the opportunity to really make an emotional story... but that aspect was really mishandled.

tarkens cgi was horrid. too jerky and his voice didnt match the lip movements very well. wasnt a fan of Leia's cgi either, but at least she didnt speak. The droid banter was better than the prequals thank god, but there was a sad implication. the droids in star wars have always had a sentient feel to them. but comparing the near identical humor of the rogue 1 droid to c3po, you can see that the humor is pretty much stock programmed humor and they have no real personality of their own. sorta sad.[/spoiler]
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa