What sports have you competed or still compete in?

Place open for new posts ā€” threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

What sports have you or still play competitively or regularly?

American Football
3%
Soccer/Association Football
35%
Baseball
3%
Hockey
No votes
Tennis
3%
Golf
3%
Basketball
5%
Athletics - Track & Field, Cross Country... ect.
22%
Cycling
No votes
Swimming
8%
Rugby
3%
Other
16%

Total votes: 37

United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

What sports have you competed or still compete in?

Post by vardar »

I am curious to know what sports ESO members have played or continue to play outside of the greatest sport of them all: AOE III. There has to be at least a few past, present and future Olympians in the community that should shed light on their athletic accomplishments!

I am not able to poll every sport known to man so if I am missing a few... my sincerest apologies!
c0ns!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: What sports have you competed or still compete in?

Post by momuuu »

In b4 flame war about soccer vs football.

I played soccer from my 6th till my 19th, then got benched by an injury for almost 2 years. I wanted to start playing again this year but my old team trains at a time that doesnt fit in my schedule. Also occasionally go running, but not with a lot of consistency lately, sometimes I try to do 5km in 20 minutes for a month or so but at some point it starts raining or freezing so I give up. I want to pick up swimming this year, as a relatively injury-free sport.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I was playing football in a club for several seasons, but injury + leaving my home city ended it. Other than that, I love swimming, usually 2 kms at once about 4 times a week, and I like riding the bike whenever I can, but it's more exhausting and painful. Occasionally I run, too!
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Handball is an interesting sport, I really enjoyed playing it for 2, 3 years
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.
Fun fact: We are REALLY good at Optimist due to our asian sizing :chinese:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I run on my high school track team and ive also run crosscountry. My dad has run multiple marathons including qualifying and running Boston.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

milku3459 wrote:I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.

I used to sail a bit as well. I got 2nd in a sunburst regatta that was pretty much national. Im too big for an optimist though :/
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Lancer

Post by vardar »

sdsanft wrote:I run on my high school track team and ive also run crosscountry. My dad has run multiple marathons including qualifying and running Boston.

I do as well! Absolutely love the sport of distance running and am stoked to be continuing it in college next year.

I know Boston is one of those events, if you are a marathoner, that has to be ran just to say you have done it. Maybe that is the case for elsewhere but Boston definitely has a special brand name. And with many more elite American distance runners coming up, it does make it much more interesting for the home audience watching.
c0ns!
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

vardar wrote:
sdsanft wrote:I run on my high school track team and ive also run crosscountry. My dad has run multiple marathons including qualifying and running Boston.

I do as well! Absolutely love the sport of distance running and am stoked to be continuing it in college next year.

I know Boston is one of those events, if you are a marathoner, that has to be ran just to say you have done it. Maybe that is the case for elsewhere but Boston definitely has a special brand name. And with many more elite American distance runners coming up, it does make it much more interesting for the home audience watching.

Yep running is great. I know tedere, gear_head and evilcheadar run track as well but mostly sprints from what I know :/

Also yeah, Boston is pretty big. I watch the highlights every year, and especially since the bombings it's been a huge event for the community.

Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
milku3459 wrote:I represented my country in friendly sailing competitions for the Optimist class a few years back.

I used to sail a bit as well. I got 2nd in a sunburst regatta that was pretty much national. Im too big for an optimist though :/

New Zealand sailors are good on anything but Optimist hehe, esp on yachts #respect.
I remember when I went to Qingdao china the New Zealand Opti team got humiliated along with the Aussie boys by my team and the Spaniards in the results :devil: .
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

milku3459 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:

New Zealand sailors are good on anything but Optimist hehe, esp on yachts #respect.
I remember when I went to Qingdao china the New Zealand Opti team got humiliated along with the Aussie boys by my team and the Spaniards in the results :devil: .

Hardly anyone uses an opti in NZ tbf. Usually a laser or a sunburst. You see a few catamarans out there too. Opti's are fun to play around in though haha. Ours were made of plastic so we went around capsizing each other and having bumper cars :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Hardly anyone uses an opti in NZ tbf. Usually a laser or a sunburst. You see a few catamarans out there too. Opti's are fun to play around in though haha. Ours were made of plastic so we went around capsizing each other and having bumper cars :)

I did laser 4.7 too!
Yesh opti bumper cars and capsizing is fun stuff
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Once upon a time I used to represent North Wales in athletics and cross country. I was ranked 3rd in Wales for cross country in my age group. And I played football since I was 5, but quit a few years ago due to injury. I have also played rugby, basketball and volley ball representing my school and college. High Impact sports have not served me too well, at 26 I am told by the doctor never to play football again as my ankle will just become worse. The most exercise I get these days are walking my dog .
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Table tennis at work, as far as one can call that "competing"
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

kami_ryu wrote:
milku3459 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:Hardly anyone uses an opti in NZ tbf. Usually a laser or a sunburst. You see a few catamarans out there too. Opti's are fun to play around in though haha. Ours were made of plastic so we went around capsizing each other and having bumper cars :)

I did laser 4.7 too!
Yesh opti bumper cars and capsizing is fun stuff

yeah until sharks eat you

I eat the sharks first
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Lancer

Post by vardar »

CelticCrusader wrote:Once upon a time I used to represent North Wales in athletics and cross country. I was ranked 3rd in Wales for cross country in my age group. And I played football since I was 5, but quit a few years ago due to injury. I have also played rugby, basketball and volley ball representing my school and college. High Impact sports have not served me too well, at 26 I am told by the doctor never to play football again as my ankle will just become worse. The most exercise I get these days are walking my dog .

Have you ever been to the Great Edinburgh XC race? Couple of my friends from the US went over and competed with the various teams in the United Kingdom as well as mainland Europe. I know Mo Farah has showed up numerous times but has never seemed to perform quite well!
c0ns!
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

vardar wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Once upon a time I used to represent North Wales in athletics and cross country. I was ranked 3rd in Wales for cross country in my age group. And I played football since I was 5, but quit a few years ago due to injury. I have also played rugby, basketball and volley ball representing my school and college. High Impact sports have not served me too well, at 26 I am told by the doctor never to play football again as my ankle will just become worse. The most exercise I get these days are walking my dog .

Have you ever been to the Great Edinburgh XC race? Couple of my friends from the US went over and competed with the various teams in the United Kingdom as well as mainland Europe. I know Mo Farah has showed up numerous times but has never seemed to perform quite well!

It's quite the trip for him I hear he has to travel from Farah way.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
vardar wrote:

It's quite the trip for him I hear he has to travel from Farah way.

Gtfo

United States of America fearfuloatmeal
Musketeer
ESO: fearfuloatmeal

Post by fearfuloatmeal »

What !? How am I the only person to play football (American)! I thought that it would have had way more votes.
Just one more game of AoE then I'll go to bed.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

fearfuloatmeal wrote:What !? How am I the only person to play football (American)! I thought that it would have had way more votes.

Not many people outside of America play it.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Yeah we prefer to play real sports, for example handball
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I currently play lacrosse (if you've never heard of it look it up its sick) and Soccer
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Darwin_ wrote:I currently play lacrosse (if you've never heard of it look it up its sick) and Soccer

Yeah a lot of bruised shins and forearms!
c0ns!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

true Iro lamer!