What sports have you competed or still compete in?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.

What sports have you or still play competitively or regularly?

American Football
3%
Soccer/Association Football
35%
Baseball
3%
Hockey
No votes
Tennis
3%
Golf
3%
Basketball
5%
Athletics - Track & Field, Cross Country... ect.
22%
Cycling
No votes
Swimming
8%
Rugby
3%
Other
16%

Total votes: 37

United States of America fearfuloatmeal
Musketeer
ESO: fearfuloatmeal

Re: What sports have you competed or still compete in?

Post by fearfuloatmeal »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
fearfuloatmeal wrote:What !? How am I the only person to play football (American)! I thought that it would have had way more votes.

Not many people outside of America play it.

I know that, there are still a lot of Americans that play AoE too.
Just one more game of AoE then I'll go to bed.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

That is more true than you'd think!
flags <— click!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Won't let me vote for multiple options but in high school I did basketball, baseball, cross country, and track. Track was probably my favorite by far just for its atmosphere and the intense adrenaline you receive racing neck and neck against someone. 400m and 800m <3. Next favorite comes baseball, the most chill of sports and requiring an actual insane amount of hand eye coordination. Fielding > batting. Basketball I really only started because I was tall but it is a fun sport to play for fun in college and later in life. Lastly XC can suck a dick fuck that shit.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

deleted_user wrote:Won't let me vote for multiple options but in high school I did basketball, baseball, cross country, and track. Track was probably my favorite by far just for its atmosphere and the intense adrenaline you receive racing neck and neck against someone. 400m and 800m <3. Next favorite comes baseball, the most chill of sports and requiring an actual insane amount of hand eye coordination. Fielding > batting. Basketball I really only started because I was tall but it is a fun sport to play for fun in college and later in life. Lastly XC can suck a dick fuck that shit.

The 800m is nowhere near my strong suit but I have ran it on a number of occasions. I would have to say it is one of the hardest events in HS track, thus keeping me away from it :uglylol:

Cross Country is lit if you are fit tbh :chinese:
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

vardar wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Won't let me vote for multiple options but in high school I did basketball, baseball, cross country, and track. Track was probably my favorite by far just for its atmosphere and the intense adrenaline you receive racing neck and neck against someone. 400m and 800m <3. Next favorite comes baseball, the most chill of sports and requiring an actual insane amount of hand eye coordination. Fielding > batting. Basketball I really only started because I was tall but it is a fun sport to play for fun in college and later in life. Lastly XC can suck a dick fuck that shit.

The 800m is nowhere near my strong suit but I have ran it on a number of occasions. I would have to say it is one of the hardest events in HS track, thus keeping me away from it :uglylol:

Tests of endurance where a strong mental fortitude is required is not my strong suit. I wasn't half bad at the 800 though.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

deleted_user wrote:
vardar wrote:

Tests of endurance where a strong mental fortitude is required is not my strong suit. I wasn't half bad at the 800 though.

Yeyeyeye the 800m takes a lot of strength and fast twitch muscles to be able to compete but also you need that aerobic capacity to handle the two laps. It's a strange lil' bugger
c0ns!
Macedonia Lurker
Crossbow

Post by Lurker »

I'm interested if you tell me where you got the name Vardar :)
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Lurker wrote:I'm interested if you tell me where you got the name Vardar :)

Funny but short story. I used to play for a club soccer team called Vardar, which was separated into various regions. So I played for Vardar NM. Was quite fun until I decided I had to choose between soccer and distance running, the latter ultimately winning out.

It is based off of FK Vardar in Skopje believe it or not!

I see you are from Macedonia?
c0ns!
Macedonia Lurker
Crossbow

Post by Lurker »

Yep, I didn't even knew we had a branch in USA. Good to know it's going places.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Lurker wrote:Yep, I didn't even knew we had a branch in USA. Good to know it's going places.

Oh yes and it is not just a soccer team put together, it is some quality competition:-)
c0ns!
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

@deleted_user4 don't hate on distance running :biggrin:. My coach is probably gonna make me run 800m atleast once this season though :hmm:. 400m 800m are definitely the hardest track events so I've got respect for whoever runs them.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

400m Hurdles most difficult track event, I say that even though I never raced 800m or steeplechase once, like a goober
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

evilcheadar wrote:400m Hurdles most difficult track event, I say that even though I never raced 800m or steeplechase once, like a goober

Yeah, hurdles and steeple chase are also rough I bet.

Lancer

Post by vardar »

sdsanft wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:400m Hurdles most difficult track event, I say that even though I never raced 800m or steeplechase once, like a goober

There is no 400m hurdle where I am at but there is the 300m HH, which I could imagine is not too much easier.

I do the 4x8, 1600m and 3200m mostly anyways on a typical meet unless it is a larger invitational, then I'll narrow it down to usually the 3200m and possibly sneak in to anchor the 4x8. The 800m just builds up that lactic acid so fast it screws me for the rest of the meet :lol:
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I ran track badly
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

vardar wrote:
sdsanft wrote:

There is no 400m hurdle where I am at but there is the 300m HH, which I could imagine is not too much easier.

I do the 4x8, 1600m and 3200m mostly anyways on a typical meet unless it is a larger invitational, then I'll narrow it down to usually the 3200m and possibly sneak in to anchor the 4x8. The 800m just builds up that lactic acid so fast it screws me for the rest of the meet :lol:

Tbh those are the events my coach will probably make me run.

Lancer

Post by vardar »

sdsanft wrote:
vardar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

RIP
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sdsanft wrote:
vardar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

"Stroke it in; stride it out," as my coach would always yell.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

vardar wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I currently play lacrosse (if you've never heard of it look it up its sick) and Soccer

Yeah a lot of bruised shins and forearms!

I used to play lacrosse until I realised giving a bunch of noob teenage boys metal sticks, a dense ball of death and competition was a bad combination