Revolt: Episode 20 - Meteorological Archaeology

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Revolt: Episode 20 - Meteorological Archaeology

Post by fightinfrenchman »

The crew talks about the most recent basement games, updates to the tournaments, the appearance of Fight Night, the possible tornado, and the prevalence of Alaskan reality TV shows.

Listen here!

Executive producer: gustavus adolphus

Feel free to comment below!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Re: Revolt: Episode 20 - Meteorological Archaeology

Post by gustavusadolphus »

There should be either a scenario or a random map made that tries to feature at least one aspect of the Alaskan themed reality tv shows.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Where is Jakey I missed him
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Where is Jakey I missed him

Would you like to be a guesht on the next casht?
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

gustavusadolphus wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:Where is Jakey I missed him

Would you like to be a guesht on the next casht?

Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Update to the tornado situation: apparently one did touch down briefly, but in the place they expected!
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Update to the tornado situation: apparently one did touch down briefly, but in the place they expected!

Even if it hadn't, I'm sure you guys would've been safe inside the basement!
Top quality poster.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Laurence Drake wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Update to the tornado situation: apparently one did touch down briefly, but in the place they expected!

Even if it hadn't, I'm sure you guys would've been safe inside the basement!

I was actually at my house during the event, and I legitimately considered grabbing my cats and heading into my basement!
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Ears a big ol' coward! I was up in the second story of my house on my computer, taking Gustav's advice and not giving the tornado an opportunity to crush me under the rubble of my house!
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

evilcheadar wrote:Ears a big ol' coward! I was up in the second story of my house on my computer, taking Gustav's advice and not giving the tornado an opportunity to crush me under the rubble of my house!

Ye gustav not entirely sure how tornados work
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

My hometown, one square mile in area and less than 1k people, that town got absolutely shredded by four tornadoes back in '01. I was pretty brutal but luckily for my family and I we lived in the countryside and only had flooding and wind damage. My sister's best friend's house was leveled, everything, except the basement. The basements are the strongest part of the house in a tornado event and is the smartest location to keep the aoe essentials to keep them safe. However, make sure those desktop towers are on desks and elevated from the ground as water can flood basements too and unplug them, lightning strikes can travel through your home's electrical system and burn your computers up turning them into dust like if you have ever tried to make macaroni in the microwave but forgot to add the water.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:My hometown, one square mile in area and less than 1k people, that town got absolutely shredded by four tornadoes back in '01. I was pretty brutal but luckily for my family and I we lived in the countryside and only had flooding and wind damage. My sister's best friend's house was leveled, everything, except the basement. The basements are the strongest part of the house in a tornado event and is the smartest location to keep the aoe essentials to keep them safe. However, make sure those desktop towers are on desks and elevated from the ground as water can flood basements too.

This is what I tried to get across to gustav. However he was convinced that being in the basement would mean you would get crushed by debris, and that the first floor in an interior room was somehow a superior choice.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
deleted_user wrote:My hometown, one square mile in area and less than 1k people, that town got absolutely shredded by four tornadoes back in '01. I was pretty brutal but luckily for my family and I we lived in the countryside and only had flooding and wind damage. My sister's best friend's house was leveled, everything, except the basement. The basements are the strongest part of the house in a tornado event and is the smartest location to keep the aoe essentials to keep them safe. However, make sure those desktop towers are on desks and elevated from the ground as water can flood basements too.

This is what I tried to get across to gustav. However he was convinced that being in the basement would mean you would get crushed by debris, and that the first floor in an interior room was somehow a superior choice.

I edited in an extra sentence in my original statement at the end there; you're so fast at replying to comments in threads it is extraordinary forum etiquette. Tell gustav while he's at it then to just purchase a wind sail if he is worried about getting crushed by debri in a tornado event and harness nature's awesome wind power to slingshot himself past the vortex of the nado and out towards Europe. If he has saved up enough coins and bought the necessary aerodynamic, fuel, booster, model, and lightweight upgrades he should be able to make the transcontinental flight in one go and start a new life in Spain or maybe Great Britain or maybe Russia: his name sounds very Russian.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

I edited in an extra sentence in my original statement at the end there; you're so fast at replying to comments in threads it is extraordinary forum etiquette. Tell gustav while he's at it then to just purchase a wind sail if he is worried about getting crushed by debri in a tornado event and harness nature's awesome wind power to slingshot himself past the vortex of the nado and out towards Europe. If he has saved up enough coins and bought the necessary aerodynamic, fuel, booster, model, and lightweight upgrades he should be able to make the transcontinental flight in one go and start a new life in Spain or maybe Great Britain or maybe Russia: his name sounds very Russian.

Ye I am very fasht and good at the forumsh

Ye I told him that by his logic the roof would be the safest place
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Liked the show bois!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98