United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

02 Jul 2017, 14:07

Any aoe3 guy or anyone that is new to the game and wants to find someone to help them improve post here. There are a handful of real good AOEO players that stream often and are usually happy to help train new players. Just post some info here, your online acc, rts experience, etc.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
Greece tedere12
Howdah

02 Jul 2017, 14:08

I'd pay a forture for you to teach me
"Well, now you are playing otto, but tommorow you might become a rapist, or a serial killer" -VaneStoilov

02 Jul 2017, 14:09

stop being a constant troll.
Korea South Googol
Dragoon
ESO: Butifle

02 Jul 2017, 14:09

I think he is serious
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

02 Jul 2017, 14:16

I have interest. :)

Ingame name: TheOttoman
rts experience: some Aoe2 (some years ago), and like 3-4 months aoe 3 experience (started 1 month ago again)
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
ESO: mr_bramboy

02 Jul 2017, 14:24

Could you write down some general tips/strats? Doesn't have to be very detailed as I'm sure most people here will manage in an RTS, but having a strategy/build order makes it easier to learn the game.
India rsy
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: Rsy

02 Jul 2017, 18:04

What's a good civ to start learning with?
butifleaoe3 : risi brisi xbow piki 5 bank bum bum ez wini wini
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_

02 Jul 2017, 18:06

rsy wrote:What's a good civ to start learning with?

The Greeks
ImageImage
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: P1st0l
Game: AoE Online

02 Jul 2017, 18:56

I am RorzNZ or JakeyBoyTH
I play SC, and AoE for a long time.

I played aoeo a while ago but never took to it because of the quest system. It just seemed like a long tutorial, but I want to give it another go :)
Jakey's Tips of the Day
SenorCallen wrote:no

02 Jul 2017, 21:09

The civs in AOEO dont vary as much as the civs in AOE3. So honestly you are fine starting with any civ. (except maybe babylonians since they are the only civ that have ox carts which is a movable storehouse)

And when the game was official they made lots of updates since the release, you dont have to play any quests at all in order to start playing pvp. You can download the game and pvp right away.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

02 Jul 2017, 21:36

giveuanxiety wrote:The civs in AOEO dont vary as much as the civs in AOE3. So honestly you are fine starting with any civ. (except maybe babylonians since they are the only civ that have ox carts which is a movable storehouse)

And when the game was official they made lots of updates since the release, you dont have to play any quests at all in order to start playing pvp. You can download the game and pvp right away.

I had the problem with having no Arena in my homecity so I couldnt host a game, how can I get an arena??? That was pretty annoying...they said I have to go to Sparta but that wasnt possible for me.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:

02 Jul 2017, 23:36

when you make a city make sure you check the box that says skip tutorial. (basic quest that teach you how to move units). This will make you start off at lvl 3, than you talk to a guy in your capital city, get the blueprints to place an arena in your city, place it, and invite some1 to your party to use it. When launching a game make sure you check the box that says champion mode. Champion mode= gear doesnt affect your stats, normal pvp like all age games.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

03 Jul 2017, 00:00

giveuanxiety wrote:when you make a city make sure you check the box that says skip tutorial. (basic quest that teach you how to move units). This will make you start off at lvl 3, than you talk to a guy in your capital city, get the blueprints to place an arena in your city, place it, and invite some1 to your party to use it. When launching a game make sure you check the box that says champion mode. Champion mode= gear doesnt affect your stats, normal pvp like all age games.

okay thank you GUA! :flowers:
Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

03 Jul 2017, 02:47

I'm interested
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 02

03 Jul 2017, 03:58

Just to be clear, does the HC level matter for PvP at all? I would be interested in playing AOEO but do not want to go through any of the leveling HC stuff that I had to do with AOE3. . .

03 Jul 2017, 04:14

level and gear does not affect "champion mode" pvp. This is the pvp mode you will always see in stream, tournaments, ranked. so lvl 1 vs lvl 40 your on the exact same playing field.
(there is a pvp mode where gear affects units stats and lvl matters, but nobody plays that really)
Germany Carnage

03 Jul 2017, 18:18

willing to take 1 or 2 players under my wings and help them git gud. pm me on discord if interested. name in the aoeo discord is trolerkules.
Brazil lemmings121
Howdah
ESO: lemmings121

03 Jul 2017, 19:29

@giveuanxiety
While I want to learn the game, I dont think a 'coach' is needed at my level, since I would ask you questions like "uhm, so.. those pikes kill cav?" I believe that like me there are a bunch of others experienced rts/aoe players here that just dont know aoeo and want to give it a try.

If you could take some time to write down basic bos for each civ, or at least for greeks and egypt for now (I believe only those two are abvaiable atm?) and general info on what to look for, what is or inst a priority in a regular game, standard unit compositions, good counters, good and bad techs to prioritize.... it would be just great and help lots of people to get into the game.
Original llama, since March 2015.
Germany Carnage

03 Jul 2017, 19:49

zuta made some tutorial vids back in the day. they are super outdated but the basics still stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezRWNyTBa44

and all the other vids ofc
Turkey cgrsilver92
Crossbow
ESO: baratheon

03 Jul 2017, 21:03

i m big fan of aoe,i watched aoe online stream and came here,downloaded all files but i need invite code can someone send it?
Brazil Nulfrik
Crossbow

03 Jul 2017, 23:45

In-game nick: Nulfrik
Civs: Greek

pls help! kk
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
ESO: mr_bramboy

04 Jul 2017, 14:39

For invite codes contact PF2K on the AOEO Discord @Nulfrik @cgrsilver92