Earth CptGallium
Crossbow
Game: AoE Online

14 Jul 2017, 15:03

I just saw that this was back online. This is great news. So .... I was wondering .... Romans? Are there any plans for Romans? I originally stopped playing because I wasn't represented son :uglylol:. I think they were working on it before it was shut down which makes me think ESOC will pick it back up. Any thoughts or knowledge about this?
Germany Carnage
AoE:O Team

14 Jul 2017, 16:06

MAYBE somewhere in the far future, but probably not because of legal issues.
India Ashvin
Howdah
ESO: Octanium

14 Jul 2017, 16:06

What legal issues?
United States of America RiiSEN
ESOC Media Team

15 Jul 2017, 06:30

Essentially under MS's legal game use document, you cannot give players access to files within the game that were inaccessible to them prior. In this case, Roman's were a half built civilization that are in the game files and were not given to the masses. I believe the game use doc allows one to make new civilizations and content, but you cannot use certain things within the prebuilt game files
India Ashvin
Howdah
ESO: Octanium

15 Jul 2017, 06:42

RiiSEN wrote:Essentially under MS's legal game use document, you cannot give players access to files within the game that were inaccessible to them prior. In this case, Roman's were a half built civilization that are in the game files and were not given to the masses. I believe the game use doc allows one to make new civilizations and content, but you cannot use certain things within the prebuilt game files

You mean Romans civ wasn't available in the original game either?
United States of America RiiSEN
ESOC Media Team

15 Jul 2017, 07:08

nope
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

15 Jul 2017, 10:57

ESOC Devs are badass and don't care what Microsoft thinks. I'm pretty sure reviving AOEO broke some of those rules too.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag DynasticP
Crossbow

16 Jul 2017, 15:47

I mean, truthfully, if this game gets popular enough, MS will take notice, could try to revive the game, and maybe make new civs. Or, we make new civs. Trust me, I have a TON of ideas,
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team

17 Jul 2017, 12:14

The development work is not being done directly by ESOC! Wanted to make sure we weren't taking credit for work we are not doing :).
No Flag DynasticP
Crossbow

17 Jul 2017, 13:38

Does the celeste team had a forum that we could populate with ideas/concepts/etc.?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team

17 Jul 2017, 14:08

This is the best place to do that. The goal is to have this forum be the forum for AOEO.
Brazil lemmings121
Howdah
ESO: lemmings121

19 Jul 2017, 00:04

DynasticP wrote:I mean, truthfully, if this game gets popular enough, MS will take notice, could try to revive the game, and maybe make new civs. Or, we make new civs. Trust me, I have a TON of ideas,

tbh, I have so much faith in MS atm that I believe that if this would get popular, ms would send a 'cease and desist', to close this, and then keep the game dead.

(or MAYBE, if they are in a good mood, the would open new servers, sell the game again, and THEN abandon the new servers full of bugs and hacks with no mods!)

Forum Info

Return to “General”