Hello hello!

Introduce yourself! :flowers:
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow
ESO: Pseudoku

Hello hello!

Post by Pseudo-ku »

So I'm Pseudo-ku, although my real name is Jordan. I think I first joined/found esoc back in May or April of this year? Maybe a little earlier? Either way I'm new, but I've been floating around exclusively on the insight studios Discord and lurking on the forums for a while. Never actually made an account til now.

I first picked up AoE 3 when it was $80 AUD, and I was 9 years old. I played it for a good 3-4 years, floating between campaign modes and Sandbox-Easy difficulty. I used to religiously play Ports as if each game was treaty mode. What brought me back was the desire for an rts as beautiful as AoE 3. There is no such game that has such beautiful, realistic and fully customised scenery. No other game made me want to visit Saguenay or New England as much as AoE did. Nowadays I play China the most, though I think every civ has some enjoyable aspects. I haven't actually played any online games (yet!), but I can manage Hard AI with 35% handicap. Once I get to Expert 0%, I think I'll then give it a go.

I have however, watched a lot of the Spring Tournament. In fact seeing such a broad community over such an old game brought an important question to head for me - "What civs are good?" - and I began to investigate. For anyone who's seen the pictures on discord (occasionally), I am planning to release a report on the spring tourney very soon, which should hopefully answer that question - so keep an eye out for that!

Anyway uh, hi and stuff.

Also mods I tried to upload an avatar but it wouldn't let me. Was gonna have Wallenstein's Contracts, but for some reason Uploading doesn't work. So yeah. Goatboy it is for now.

Baaah.
Pseudo-ku#8217 on discord
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Hello hello!

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Nice to see you here!

You have goat to be kiding me about the avatar. Not that its baad, I'll let the dev's (or hoofever does it) know that I herd something was up. Udderwise it may just be the format.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow

Post by Pseudo-ku »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:You have goat to be kiding me about the avatar.

Turns out it's a 'Marco Polo sheep'. Also don't worry about it, I think the sheep suits me a little more, maybe.
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Linear interpolation? For civ balance?

I'm a fan!
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow

Post by Pseudo-ku »

kami_ryu wrote:Linear interpolation? For civ balance?

All will be revealed, in time~ ^_^
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

H2o has some data/analysis for civs in tournaments, you should share findings and check you're not doing the same thing twice! I'm sure he'd be interested in what you are doing here. :flowers:

@H2O_
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow

Post by Pseudo-ku »

WickedCossack wrote:H2o has some data/analysis for civs in tournaments

I think I may have brushed shoulders with H2O at one point... or it was duck that pointed me to some auto-catalogue of data/games. My data is manually grabbed, so having some kind of automated cache to check on would be sweet.
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3