New player.

Introduce yourself! :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: New player.

Post by deleted_user »

WarnerPimped wrote:
a) OFFLINE Homecity levels mean jack shyt. To level up ONLINE Homecity (without using a mod) one must play online
b) Joining a Clan won’t help with above.... "Relatively out dated clan functionality is probably not up to the task"

I'm a noob & have never played online before which is hard enough... but without access to critical cards due to my homecity level, a couple of times I outplay someone but still get my azz kicked. Immensely frustrating. Nonetheless, I did suck it up playing 19 games & trying to be as competitive as possible.

You nailed it on the head and to this day this model is the No. 1 reason AoE3 has suffered in retaining new players.

I will cast another vote for the xp mod. It's simple, easy, quick, and unbannable by Microsoft. Here's the thread for the mod: viewtopic.php?t=219

I could even run it with you now if you'd like.
Australia WarnerPimped
Crossbow
ESO: WarnerPimped

Post by WarnerPimped »

Someone told me if I used that mod I couldnt play online & could only play vs others using same mod!
Thanks EAGLEMUT and SirCallen, yes XP MOD did the trick in a flash. I'm leveled to the hilt & fighting like a noob ;-)
Where's the best place to ask questions live and possibly team up with someone? Join a clan? Discord? Or some place else?
Never under estimate the power of the Dark Side
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

It is true that you only can play with others using the mod... until you uninstall the mod. Installing and uninstalling the mod is (as you probably noticed by now) just a matter of replacing a single file. The place to ask questions live is the Discord channel, someone's Twitch chat if they are streaming AoE3, or here on the forum.
Pay more attention to detail.
Australia WarnerPimped
Crossbow

Post by WarnerPimped »

Much apprecited
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

Hai. Actully leveling up naturally as Brits is not a bad idea, all you need are basic Age 2 cards like 700w, 600w, 5v etc.
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Australia WarnerPimped
Crossbow

Post by WarnerPimped »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Add me on the ESO: _h20, lets get some games going man. I'm going to be in australia soon so expect little lag :)

I'm up for that... lets do it.

U been to Australia yet? You'll have bigger problems than lag mate. For one, the chicks down here are utterly exhausting... surviving it will take a Herculean effort but will most likely leave u a dribbling mess. Trust me, AOE wont even cross your mind, nor will lag ;-)

Lets play when u get back