Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

19 Jul 2017, 23:03

Is the spearmen age 1 rush good or bad? Or in which cases its good in which cases its bad?
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
United States of America RiiSEN
ESOC Media Team
Game: AoE Online

19 Jul 2017, 23:47

Really depends on your civ and the map you are playing. If, for instance you are playing Egypt, then your spearmen are the weakest in the game and it would be best to skip age 1 spearman. Persia age 1 has very high Pierce armor so you can play quite aggressive vs most opponents, unless the map is large like Arabia where the rush distance makes it too easy to defend against.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: P1st0l

20 Jul 2017, 00:43

sircallen wrote:bad

Looks like you've fallen into the wrong forum trap :ohmy: :blush: :flowers: :hehe: :dry: :chinese:
Jakey's Tips of the Day
SenorCallen wrote:no
No Flag Zutazuta
Dragoon
Donator 10

20 Jul 2017, 00:48

It depends on a few factors. When you're on a map with really defensible hunts (Equal Footing) it can be a bit risky because you're opponent will have more time to react, safer gather spots, longer to gather/age/get out counter units. The trick is to make sure you don't over commit and try and disrupt the eco as much as possible for as little invested as possible. If you do that well, then it can absolutely be worth it. You can age around the same time, with a more intact eco, better structure progression, and a smooth transition to eco plays.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

20 Jul 2017, 00:58

sircallen wrote:bad

get out aoe3 player :biggrin:
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

20 Jul 2017, 03:21

It's probably still bad
"he was proud, in that he disdained those who loved him"
United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

20 Jul 2017, 04:30

zuta and risen post both made good points.

In general I would say egypt should not age 1 spear rush. Greek should not age 1 rush either, but maybe make age 1 spearmen to defend an age 1 rush. Celts probably have the strongest age 1 rush and it can be really good, persia age 1 sparabara rush can also be really good.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
Macedonia IamSYKES
Crossbow

03 Aug 2017, 17:43

whatever you do when you spear rush, don't over invest into it just use it to contain pressure

Forum Info

Return to “[PvP] Strategy”