Netherlands Wout
Musketeer
ESO: Wout

03 Aug 2017, 19:45

EQ - the most popular map in the map pool by far. What do you think of this map? Is it so good that it justifies the fact that more than half of the high level games are played on this map? How much will players pick it in the upcoming tournament?

I personally feel the map is way overhyped, and because it is played so much, people will probably pick it in every series in the tournament. However, since every map can be played only once in the tournament, what other maps do you expect to see often?
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

03 Aug 2017, 19:48

coastal island

also I dont think eq is overhyped.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
No Flag Zutazuta
Dragoon
Donator 10

03 Aug 2017, 20:33

I really like it. Probably has to do with my horrible water play. :ship:

I think another reason it's so highly played was in the early days it was the only somewhat balanced map. Lots of good changes on things like oasis and sheltered pass improved the map pool as the game aged.
Macedonia IamSYKES
Crossbow
Game: AoE Online

04 Aug 2017, 00:47

Sheltered pass and Treasure Island are really good maps, imo I'm not much of a EQ fan myself I'm fairly sick of the map itself
Netherlands Wout
Musketeer
ESO: Wout

04 Aug 2017, 12:16

I predict TI and SP to be the next most played maps in the tournament. It's always interesting to see what maps people pick after EQ. I remember one tournament in which every series had a game on SP. Perhaps people should balance the maps they practice on a bit more, and play (even) more on maps like SP/TI?

Forum Info

Return to “[PvP] Strategy”