Ekanta-Eaglemut Simple TAD UI

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Ekanta-Eaglemut Simple TAD UI

Post by EAGLEMUT »

After more than a year, I'm proud to release first revision of the Ekanta-Eaglemut Simple TAD UI!
That's not to say I've worked on this all year, to be honest I just made a couple changes on Sunday and that's about it.

Anyway, for those who don't know, this is a UI that was made specifically at Jerom's request here to modify the Ekanta UI a bit. I've then had a couple more requests from @momuuu/@iNcog/@pecelot and finally @Lunatic_Fringe, which this new release aims to address.

Now, onto the fresh batch of changes! :chinese:

v1.1.0
- Restored King of the Hill timer to its original cooler appearance (same as official UI).
- Clicking on villager count or military unit count will now select a relevant unit.
- Re-added unit control group banners, they are displayed on top left next to the current age and are a bit smaller than on official UI. Remember you can still disable these in the UI section of game settings.
- Fixed population count font not scaling properly on 1366px-wide screens.
- Polished global queue position and fixed overlap with notification pop-ups (notifications now have priority).
- Updated art in places of removed Ekanta functionalities.
- All changes were made to both the transparent and non-transparent versions of the UI.

v1.1.0 Screens

See the official page for full changelog, installation files download and install/uninstall instructions.

Disclaimer: I am not a user of this UI. I merely fulfill the dreams of others.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Ekanta-Eaglemut Simple TAD UI

Post by momuuu »

Ekanta's UI is beautiful, but that unit queue is possibly the most important bit of information of the UI. Eaglemut modddd it so that its actually in a nice place. 10/10 would install.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I love this UI. I'm dling as well
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

The mods you brought to that UI is simply awesome. I really love how good looking this UI is. The banners are discrete, the population number was indeed fixed for 1366 resolution, and the message displayed by the game does not conflict with the queue anymore. I'm probably the first one who installed it, and I can say that it's a pleasure playing with this UI. Thank you @EAGLEMUT :)
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

okay so from my testings, the idle vill button that is normally at the bottom of the resource distributions is absent from this UI and because I hide the ctrl group banners I dont get any notification of an idle vill. I was wondering if I had missed some tab where idle vills were being shown, pls let me know if there is. So eventually I ended up uninstalling the UI for now.

Also I was wondering if an idle military units tab was possible
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

rsy wrote:okay so from my testings, the idle vill button that is normally at the bottom of the resource distributions is absent from this UI and because I hide the ctrl group banners I dont get any notification of an idle vill. I was wondering if I had missed some tab where idle vills were being shown, pls let me know if there is. So eventually I ended up uninstalling the UI for now.

Also I was wondering if an idle military units tab was possible

Well damn, so that's why Ekanta deleted the control group banners entirely.. yeah, it appears that you must have the control group banners enabled to see idle vill banner.

Idle military units tab is included in the original Ekanta UI, so you might just want to use that one. Jerom requested to remove it.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

@rsy @EAGLEMUT I just realized that having the control group banners off disabled the idle vill banner as well. I am not sure if it works the same way with the 1.0.0 version. I honestly always had the banner options on, because they never appeared in the previous version.
I was also very tempted to ask Eaglemut if it was possible to include the idle military number. However when trying to understand Jerom's point from before, there are too many numbers displayed and it can be confusing.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I found that most of the numbers just don't actually end up meaning anything in a real game, because you can never even manage to process them. Oh and the market trade thing from the ekanta UI was kinda cheat.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Don't get how it's really cheat. It eliminates a single keystroke - hardly significant. I can hotkey "find market" and accomplish the same in virtually the same time.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Very cool, downloaded.

Is there a different version I have to download to get transparent? or is it a setting in game?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Warno wrote:Very cool, downloaded.

Is there a different version I have to download to get transparent? or is it a setting in game?

You can switch between transparent and non-transparent UI by going to UI options and enabling/disabling minimized UI.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

deleted_user wrote:Don't get how it's really cheat. It eliminates a single keystroke - hardly significant. I can hotkey "find market" and accomplish the same in virtually the same time.

It's cheat because you don't need a market to use it.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Oh. Yeah that's cheat.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it's no cheat. it's feature.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

looks nice but i simply cannot play without the idle vill button beneath the resources
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Aizamk wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Don't get how it's really cheat. It eliminates a single keystroke - hardly significant. I can hotkey "find market" and accomplish the same in virtually the same time.

Seriously?
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

aligator92 wrote:looks nice but i simply cannot play without the idle vill button beneath the resources

It takes some time to adapt to this type of UI with the idle vill banner in a different spot. It should be ok after a couple of matches.
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

Aizamk wrote:

Yeah its cheat tbh. Needs fix.

Need your comments on this @EAGLEMUT
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

ssaraf wrote:
Aizamk wrote:

Yeah its cheat tbh. Needs fix.

Need your comments on this @EAGLEMUT

? This was already removed in the first version of my UI over a year ago. :hmm:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Heyy, it's not been so long and I've already got plans for a new release so let's build up some hype! :chinese:

What I'd like to do:
- create a separate version with the army banners removed, so that players can actually choose whichever way they prefer
- replace UI art with a version made by an actual graphics designer, rather than edited by me (big thanks to Shiyn!)
- create exe installers as an alternative convenient way to install/uninstall

If you've found something else that I should look into, let's hear it.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

idle vill count beneath ressources please
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lol, you can't trade resources without a market using the UI, the myth was busted such a long time ago, I'm disappointed people, and more — elifents, still believe that :dry:
No Flag Black Panther
Crossbow

Post by Black Panther »

I use a modified version of Ekanta's, in which by i've moved the units queued to the side above the minimap, and the idle villager button is back where it normally is. Happy to share if people need.
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

it look like this mod is not compatible with ESOC patch
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

draztik wrote:it look like this mod is not compatible with ESOC patch

Indeed it's not compatible with latest ESOC patch, sorry I still didn't get to make the update :(