ESO-Assistant

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: ESO-Assistant [4.0] is back!

Post by _NiceKING_ »

umeu wrote:ok thanks.

i have a suggestion, make the IP list on the IP checker exportable and uploadable, so that if you would use different pc's or something, you'd still have the list and wouldnt have to copy paste everything one line by another.

also allow the checker to list by alphabetic order

probably coming next version
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

This is only a suggestion, I do not know if XakOps mind doing it or not (for xx reasons for or against), mostly due to there are a few players that are skeptical about the program itself, on how safe it is. The code could be hosted on github so users themselves can look over the code and compile it on their own if they do not trust the executable.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

ovi12 wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:If someone is interested: XaKOps is streaming right now, showing how he usually develops the app.
https://www.twitch.tv/xakops

Not sure why you never directly answer the question.

coz here, you sound like some 10 yo, whose parents tell them to not trust anything on the internet lol. If you dont trust it, just dont download and ignore this. Stop bitching/whining about this, its not like you'r doing anyone a favour by dl'ing this.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Guess what, you don't have to download it at all, no one will ever force you!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
umeu wrote:is there any list that shows the difference between this version and the last one (not the one that just uninstalled but the last working one)

Changes from 3.5 version:
*VPN Checker

what does that feature do? i notice it now says no vpn detected, or sometimes low risk (i assume there is also high risk), but what is being risked?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

umeu wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:
umeu wrote:is there any list that shows the difference between this version and the last one (not the one that just uninstalled but the last working one)

Changes from 3.5 version:
*VPN Checker

what does that feature do? i notice it now says no vpn detected, or sometimes low risk (i assume there is also high risk), but what is being risked?

The tool checks if a player uses VPN. I would use the word "probability" instead of "risk" to understand it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gh0st wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:If someone is interested: XaKOps is streaming right now, showing how he usually develops the app.
https://www.twitch.tv/xakops

Not sure why you never directly answer the question.

coz here, you sound like some 10 yo, whose parents tell them to not trust anything on the internet lol. If you dont trust it, just dont download and ignore this. Stop bitching/whining about this, its not like you'r doing anyone a favour by dl'ing this.

Ovi's concerns are very legitemate. At this point in time xakops seems everything but trustworthy. The moment he tried to monetize parts of the app kinda showcased there might be mostly selfish intends and the weird way in which he left and has left before that doesnt make the app necessarily trustworthy. Especially considering the fact that it keeps updating. That being said, it might very well be a harmless and very functional app.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:

The tool checks if a player uses VPN. I would use the word "probability" instead of "risk" to understand it.

ah, in that case, that part of the app probably isn't working very well. In general, there are some cases where the IP checker isnt very accurate and sometimes gives weird results. Most of the time its quite good though.

another feature idea:

a sound notification in case you match a new IP adress (aka when you get someone in qs or someone joins your lobby.) should be able to turn on/off if you want to.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:Ovi's concerns are very legitemate. At this point in time xakops seems everything but trustworthy. The moment he tried to monetize parts of the app kinda showcased there might be mostly selfish intends and the weird way in which he left and has left before that doesnt make the app necessarily trustworthy. Especially considering the fact that it keeps updating. That being said, it might very well be a harmless and very functional app.

hmm when did he do that?
India gh0st
Lancer

Post by gh0st »

Jerom wrote:
gh0st wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Not sure why you never directly answer the question.

Ovi's concerns are very legitemate. At this point in time xakops seems everything but trustworthy. The moment he tried to monetize parts of the app kinda showcased there might be mostly selfish intends and the weird way in which he left and has left before that doesnt make the app necessarily trustworthy. Especially considering the fact that it keeps updating. That being said, it might very well be a harmless and very functional app.

Well, idk if you got my point or not, but what i simply meant was if you dont trust eso-a (which makes sense ofc) then dont use it PERIOD.
Nothing else to discuss, you are using it on your own risk ofc.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:The moment he tried to monetize parts of the app kinda showcased there might be mostly selfish intends [...]

Well, I don't think you should draw any conclusions on that, he might have just put tons of work into that and perhaps wanted to see whether such a paid feature would catch on. In the end, he does all of that for free.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gh0st wrote:
Jerom wrote:
gh0st wrote:coz here, you sound like some 10 yo, whose parents tell them to not trust anything on the internet lol. If you dont trust it, just dont download and ignore this. Stop bitching/whining about this, its not like you'r doing anyone a favour by dl'ing this.

Well, idk if you got my point or not, but what i simply meant was if you dont trust eso-a (which makes sense ofc) then dont use it PERIOD.

Your point mostly seemed to insult ovi for making a fair case. Musketeer925 convinced me in another thread that this programm isnt necessarily safe and im happy that he posted that. You dont have to attack people for expressing legitemate concerns.
India gh0st
Lancer

Post by gh0st »

Jerom wrote:
gh0st wrote:
Jerom wrote:Ovi's concerns are very legitemate. At this point in time xakops seems everything but trustworthy. The moment he tried to monetize parts of the app kinda showcased there might be mostly selfish intends and the weird way in which he left and has left before that doesnt make the app necessarily trustworthy. Especially considering the fact that it keeps updating. That being said, it might very well be a harmless and very functional app.

Your point mostly seemed to insult ovi for making a fair case. Musketeer925 convinced me in another thread that this programm isnt necessarily safe and im happy that he posted that. You dont have to attack people for expressing legitemate concerns.

Why you keep questioning the security of this app everytime ?? obviously there is no proof of this app being secure and people are grown up enough to understand the risk associated with using it, idk why you & ovi keep pointing the obvious. Musketeer925 made a very fair point in that post.
And you'r being a dick by calling XakOps Selfish for monetizing a part of the app. He made the app, probably put tons of work into that, so whats wrong if he tries to test a paid version ? Dont like it? Great, no one reallly cares. Just move on!!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If you dont like that people dont trust something then just ignore it and move on. All Im literally saying is that there are reasons to be concerned about the safety of this app. Thats it. You dont have to be so aggressive about that statement.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I want to monteize breathing then I'd be rich$$$$$$
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:I want to monteize breathing then I'd be rich$$$$$$

eventually some company will succeed in this. It just ownt be you tho :(
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

im going to trade mark new edeas then theyll have to pay me.