Twitch Affiliate (New twitch service)

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Twitch Affiliate (New twitch service)

Post by giveuanxiety »

So I believe this is a new program twitch is offering to their users. Twitch Affiliate seems to be able to make money for streaming even if you're fairly new to streaming. Has anyone tried this yet? What are your guys opinions? All details are in the link below.

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/port ... te-program
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Twitch Affiliate (New twitch service)

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

it says 3 or more concurrent viewers can you do it?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It's dumb, it's just to try to get people to stream more on twitch. The only way you can really get money is from people "shouting" which is just where they pay twitch for "shouts" and than the streaming gets a portion of that money. So it's like they donated but twitch takes some of the money
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

gibson wrote:It's dumb, it's just to try to get people to stream more on twitch. The only way you can really get money is from people "shouting" which is just where they pay twitch for "shouts" and than the streaming gets a portion of that money. So it's like they donated but twitch takes some of the money

It is true that you can pay for bits but you can also get them by watching ads or doing random things. I remember getting like 25 bits for watching a 1 min ad. If ESOCTV did this they would definitely make a little bit of money
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I saw this.

I started setting it up then it started going into tax things. I was like what the fuck and decided to stop because streaming will never make me more than what I earn in an hour of real work anyway.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

ya I saw some of the tax stuff too, thats probably a turn off for a lot of people.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I just set it up. Its super easy actually. You just enter your address and social and thats about it.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

If you read the fine print, you'll notice they have a paragraph in there about how they won't actually pay you until you get $100+ in donations. So basically until you pass that threshold you don't get the sum.

Additionally there's tax and stuff, so it's pretty marginal unless you find a good way to hype it up and get substantial donations through that.

Honestly, just setting up streamlabs and doing donations that way is better.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

site wrote:If you read the fine print, you'll notice they have a paragraph in there about how they won't actually pay you until you get $100+ in donations. So basically until you pass that threshold you don't get the sum.

Additionally there's tax and stuff, so it's pretty marginal unless you find a good way to hype it up and get substantial donations through that.

If u start streaming again ill whip out my big.......... donations
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Zhanson10 wrote:
site wrote:If you read the fine print, you'll notice they have a paragraph in there about how they won't actually pay you until you get $100+ in donations. So basically until you pass that threshold you don't get the sum.

If u start streaming again ill whip out my big.......... donations

Ill make a Insight PO box so you can send me your package :love: :blush:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I only noticed that for paypal, I think if you set up direct deposit to your bank account its different. Could be wrong though.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

From my recollection, the vernacular they used made it sound like they were saying that they reserve the right to payout like that. I don't know if they means that is how they will do it every time or for each thing, or if they just reserve that right. I'll have to double check.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Another similar program for steam labs

https://streamlabs.com/allstars

Might be worth for the media and business team to look into these 2 and see if they can benefit the esoctv twitch page. Can someone tag them in this topic?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Guess what — you can do it, too! :flowers:
@_H2O @Mr_Bramboy
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I dont see why a community page like this would want to be affiliated or partnered.....all it does is give twitch a cut of the money when people shout or subscribe instead of just donating.....