The King's Return (New Mod)

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag WyteRaven
Crossbow

The King's Return (New Mod)

Post by WyteRaven »

Hello everybody. This is my first post on ESOC. I having been working on a new free fan-based mod for AOE III called the King's Return. It is a large project with totally new graphics, civilizations, game features and playing concepts. The mod will stick with AOE III timeline but will focus on early timeline of the original game i.e 16th 17th and 18th centuries. The King's Return offers 4 totally new civilizations (Persians, Mongols, Kongo and Oyo - the last 2 are African Kingdoms) in addition to tremendous enhancements introduced for the first time in AOE game series. For example, a Mongol player can plunder enemies' gold by sacking their buildings. On the other hand, European Civilizations (like British and Portuguese) can subjugate the villagers of the new African Kingdoms to slavery.
Donwload Beta 1.01

Videos: YouTube Channel

1. Civilizations
The King's Return introduces 4 totally new Civilizations with their own unique units, building sets (that are fully destructible), new techs and whole new playing systems (like slavery and Religion System explained below). Moreover, all new units and civilizations speak their own real languages! Full info about New Civs

1. Persians: Starts with a powerful Shah (king unit). The Shah is a central vital unit that keeps the empire held together. Religion plays a central role in the Persian empire.
Image below: Persian Units
ImageImage

2. Mongols(Timurids): follow the lead of the descendants of Tamerlane and build a powerful empire. Destroy your enemy, plunder his gold and erect Skull Pyramids to terrorize your enemy.

3. Kongo Kingdom: Discover the mysteries of the Black African Kingdoms. Play as the mighty Kings that ruled over the Kongo Kingdoms.
Image below: choose a Dynasty to rule the Kingdom of Kongo. Each King (Dynasty offer unique units and techs.
4. Oyo Kingdom an African Kingdom in west African that was one of few African Kingdoms that deployed powerful cavalry based army.

2. New Game Play Concepts (Systems)
1. Slavery
One of the darkest eras in human history. European Civilizations (British, Portuguese, French, Dutch and Ottomans) can force villagers of the African Kingdom into slavery. A new unit called "Slave Master" can collect fallen African villagers and train them as slaves. A slave is a unique villager-type unit that can gather resources. Each European civilization has a "salve-bonus" for example french owned slave cost no pop while British has a better gathering rates. Unlike other villagers, slaves can be captured by other players (auto-converted much like sheep). Ottomans have additional unique slavery called white slaves: they can subjugate Eastern European villagers into slavery by hiring Crimean Allies or they subjugate Mediterranean European villagers into slavery by hiring Barbary Corsairs.

2. Religion System
A totally new system available to certain civilizations(Persians, Ottomans, Africans, Spanish and Portuguese). Every civilization has its own unique religion like Sunni-Islam for Ottomans, and Shia-Islam for Persian and Christianity-Catholicism for Spanish and Portuguese. Now all priests of these civilization can pray at churches and temples of worship to gather a unique resource called "Faith". Faith can be used to perform "Rituals", a unique type of techs that can enhance units or even declare Jihad.

3. New Natives System
ImageImageImageImage

A whole set of new natives including : Dahomey Amazons,Tuareg, Barbary Corsairs, Jewish Settlements etc... The new native have their own unique set of traits and unique techs. For example Jewish settlements offer "Jewish Merchant". As the merchant gather resources additional gold will be generated automatically. Additionally, the player can borrow money from the Jewish Merchants to be returned in future with the interest (once the player borrows money a certain amount of housing population will be mortgaged against the borrowed money).
Full info about New Natives

The King's Return Pagess
Official Website
Facebook
YouTube Channel
Steam Group
ModDB Page
Twitter
Contact email: [email protected]

All comments, critics and suggestions are welcome.
The King's Return
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: The King's Return (New Mod)

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

This looks really nice man, keep up the good work!
I'll try it out when I can, although I said the same about another mod I still need to try so be patient :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Persians <3
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag WyteRaven
Crossbow

Post by WyteRaven »

Thanks JakeyBoyTH. Hope you have some free time to try it :)
The King's Return
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you have a lot of cool special features. nice :)
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

very interesting, I will be paying attention to see what esoc has to say and do here.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Innovative, gorgeous and... quite gruesome, tbh

"Blood Libel (unique for European Civilizations only)
Cost: 50 Gold
Accuse the Jewish Merchants of kidnapping and murdering the children of Christians to use their blood in Jewish religious rituals. All Jewish merchants you own will be killed immediately. Each killed Merchant will contain a resource of 100 coins".
No Flag WyteRaven
Crossbow

Post by WyteRaven »

Imperial Noob wrote:Innovative, gorgeous and... quite gruesome, tbh

Accuse the Jewish Merchants of kidnapping and murdering the children of Christians to use their blood in Jewish religious rituals. All Jewish merchants you own will be killed immediately. Each killed Merchant will contain a resource of 100 coins".

See Dahomey Amazons decapitation for a real gruesomeness :devil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF5DRjcQONk&t=1m2s
The King's Return
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I played some of this a couple of months ago. Some really nice ideas and architecture.

My all time favourite unit is the dude carrying the palm tree which you can plant. Holy shit that's good.

I think I had a few texture bugs iirc and some unfinished images but to be expected from a beta.

I still have it installed actually so if anyone wants a game let me know.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

WyteRaven wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:Innovative, gorgeous and... quite gruesome, tbh

See Dahomey Amazons decapitation for a real gruesomeness :devil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF5DRjcQONk&t=1m2s

Blood is a good idea, bu why do they have to throw skull knights up like Obelix? :lol:
No Flag WyteRaven
Crossbow

Post by WyteRaven »

WickedCossack wrote:I played some of this a couple of months ago. Some really nice ideas and architecture.

My all time favourite unit is the dude carrying the palm tree which you can plant. Holy shit that's good.

I think I had a few texture bugs iirc and some unfinished images but to be expected from a beta.

I still have it installed actually so if anyone wants a game let me know.

I saw your published video playing the mod :biggrin: There were lots of missing texture in the video which should not be case. It is still beta version but most of the building and units texture are there and should not be missing. It might be that you have either installed an older version of the king's return or you have multiple mods installed all at once.
The King's Return
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Link? Is there a WickedCossack YouTube channel? :o
No Flag WyteRaven
Crossbow

Post by WyteRaven »

It was on twitch, but the link to the video is not working now.
The King's Return