public voting for my channel

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!

"thread per video right"

LONEWOLF123 must have the right (yes)
50%
LONEWOLF123 does not need that (no)
50%

Total votes: 52

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: public voting for my channel

Post by edeholland »

LONEWOLF123 wrote:
edeholland wrote:Please be aware that if Lonewolf get's the right to make a new thread for every video, every other ESOC YouTuber will then have that same right. This might mean we will need a new board for all video discussing, because we don't the UCC board to flood with YouTube-threads.

i opend this voting ONLY for my youtube channel , if they want the same right(other youtubers) they can open a voting like me to.

I'm sure you opened it just for your channel, but that's not how this works. We aren't going to vote on every little decision and we aren't going to one YouTube channel more permissions than another. Instead of voting on every little thing, we have a dedicated Community Team thinking about what is best for the community, finding solutions and helping members enjoy ESOC. You should have a little more respect for those decisions.

Have you thought about what would happen if everyone opened new threads about every new clip or video? Could you explain to the community why that is a good idea?
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

hleung wrote:Alright. It really is enough. Even though I technically should be doing other things now, I really have to speak up since the issue has been brought up to me and that you have shown your ignorance, selfishness and arrogance in this thread. Why do you have to not be bound by the rules and insist on spamming out threads for every one of your youtube videos?

I spent well over an hour to search for and merge all 50+ threads created by you just to make the mega-thread happen, in an attempt to make our lives, the lives of the members of community team, easier after enforcing the forum rules. Please imagine what would happen if all the other users were like you and not care the slightest about the rules and potential spam on the forum. There are reasons for videos of the same channel to be confined into one mega-thread - not only does it reduce the spam, it is much neater to be kept in that way. If other forum members do have an interest in watching your videos and provide constructive feedback and comments, they should already be following the thread and your channel and receive various notifications about your new videos.

In addition, from what I have heard, you took a break for quite a while; and therefore, the drop in viewers should not really be blamed on the moderation of the community team, but on you yourself, but it seems like you really do love to do things on your own way and ignore every single reasonable request from the community team, don't you? To the extent where you would use the drop in viewers' count in your most recent videos as an excuse to justify your rather unfair and unjust demands, and wrong us for the necessary moderation to keep the forum up and running smoothly and user-friendly as it should be.

Even worse, you seemed to have mobilised quite a few new members on ESOC who happened to be using the same IP address and temporary emails (i.e. smurfs) to provide you with suicidal support and rig the poll, and create an absolutely false image of popular opinion. Since we do not know how many more may exist, the poll is now rigged and should be seen as invalid.

In other words, just no, we are not letting you, or anyone to create threads for each video they uploaded on a video-hosting website (YouTube, Twitch, etc.). Video links of the same channels should be posted on their respective mega-threads. That's the final decision of the community team, no matter how much it might damage your ego (the problem of being too big in first place), and the end of this millennial debate. If you continue to ignore our advice, you know very well what is coming.

Have a nice day.

hleung

Dear Hleung,
I am really disappointed to be called ignorant, selfish and arrogant. During the exchanges in the community I never insulted anyone in this community and i think i do not deserve to be called like that. I would like to clarify some points mentioned in your mail to better explain myself.
1)"I spent well over an hour to search for and merge all 50+ threads created by you just to make the mega-thread happen". I am thankful to you for your effort, but as I mentioned before having the megathread does not solve my problem of view drop. As far as I understand, my new videos at megathread are thought as comments by the viewers like all other threads. That is what I understood from the comments at the pool,if not mistaken.
2) ". If other forum members do have an interest in watching your videos and provide constructive feedback and comments, they should already be following the thread and your channel and receive various notifications about your new videos." Not all the forum members are subscribers to my youtube cahnnel, that is why they are only aware of new videos when I share the vidoes on the thread. After the openning of the megathread, the statistics showed a great drop in the view rates. That is why, I link it to not having separate thread.
3) "(i.e. smurfs) to provide you with suicidal support and rig the poll" Like I said before I am not aware of such thing.
To sum up, I understand your point and respect the rules, but I need a solution to reach my videos to viewers. I would really appreciate if you can advice any other solution other then megathread.

Thanks in advance,
With my regards
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

U can fill the missing 40 views simply by refreshing the page 40 times ;)
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Dude, I think you don't understand that no one gives a single poop about your videos dropping 40 views. That's really your problem. Why should esoc allow spam on their forums because of the amount of views your videos have? It makes no sense.

If anything you should be thankful that esoc lets you advertise your channel on their forums. Without them you would have even less views.

Anyway, why would you expect a lot of views on videos featuring a 2lt z-moving abus guns in team games...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

If people'd like your videos people would watch them without advertizing.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

LONEWOLF123 wrote:Dear Hleung,
I am really disappointed to be called ignorant, selfish and arrogant. During the exchanges in the community I never insulted anyone in this community and i think i do not deserve to be called like that. I would like to clarify some points mentioned in your mail to better explain myself.
1)"I spent well over an hour to search for and merge all 50+ threads created by you just to make the mega-thread happen". I am thankful to you for your effort, but as I mentioned before having the megathread does not solve my problem of view drop. As far as I understand, my new videos at megathread are thought as comments by the viewers like all other threads. That is what I understood from the comments at the pool,if not mistaken.
2) ". If other forum members do have an interest in watching your videos and provide constructive feedback and comments, they should already be following the thread and your channel and receive various notifications about your new videos." Not all the forum members are subscribers to my youtube cahnnel, that is why they are only aware of new videos when I share the vidoes on the thread. After the openning of the megathread, the statistics showed a great drop in the view rates. That is why, I link it to not having separate thread.
3) "(i.e. smurfs) to provide you with suicidal support and rig the poll" Like I said before I am not aware of such thing.
To sum up, I understand your point and respect the rules, but I need a solution to reach my videos to viewers. I would really appreciate if you can advice any other solution other then megathread.

Thanks in advance,
With my regards

So in other words, all you care about is the viewer count in your youtube channel, but not how you are supposed to follow the rules and the advice given by the community team, despite we have told you in multiple occasions to post on the megathread. We have also given you some advice, such as the following:
edeholland wrote:If you want more exposure, you can ask your fans to subscribe to your megathread, so they get a notification when a new post is made.

And ask them to hit that subscribe button on the youtube channel as well, in case they still manage to miss it.

Like we all said, if we allowed you to do whatever you want (i.e. create a thread for every single video you upload), we would have to let the others do the same thing as well. It seems like you have just thought about yourself, but not ESOC or other users on the forum. Here we call what you have been doing selfish and ignorant, with quite a big ego also known to us as arrogant - and no, I am not going to take it back. I know the comment is going to hurt a lot, but as the community team, we have the responsibility to bring the best to the community, and that involves helping members to become more mature as they grow - this is a public area, and we are all bound by the same set of rules, and none of us have imperium here when it comes to law and order. Do whatever you wish, but if you insist on doing whatever you want, then I would like to remind you that the community team have counter-measures in place and can take effective punitive actions if proven necessary.

hleung
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

no on watches mine because of lonewolfs, thats why i voted no
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Hazza54321 wrote:no on watches mine because of lonewolfs, thats why i voted no

Yep i prefer LONEWOLFS videos over yours all day :wood: :wood: :wood:
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I think giving every channel their own thread is best. Every video getting its own thread would probably lead to a lot of spam; and would probably mean that single video threads would need their own subforum. I think that might nullify the purpose of this subforum, and it would be a lot less active. A mistake a lot of forums make is that they divide conversation up so much that everywhere seems inactive, and the entire website dies. Sorry, but I'm gonna vote no.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Amsel_ wrote:I think giving every channel their own thread is best. Every video getting its own thread would probably lead to a lot of spam; and would probably mean that single video threads would need their own subforum. I think that might nullify the purpose of this subforum, and it would be a lot less active. A mistake a lot of forums make is that they divide conversation up so much that everywhere seems inactive, and the entire website dies. Sorry, but I'm gonna vote no.

Exactly
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:Dude, I think you don't understand that no one gives a single poop about your videos dropping 40 views. That's really your problem. Why should esoc allow spam on their forums because of the amount of views your videos have? It makes no sense.

If anything you should be thankful that esoc lets you advertise your channel on their forums. Without them you would have even less views.

Anyway, why would you expect a lot of views on videos featuring a 2lt z-moving abus guns in team games...

the fuck is your problem, I enjoy
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

hleung wrote:Even worse, you seemed to have mobilised quite a few new members on ESOC who happened to be using the same IP address and temporary emails (i.e. smurfs) to provide you with suicidal support and rig the poll, and create an absolutely false image of popular opinion. Since we do not know how many more may exist, the poll is now rigged and should be seen as invalid.

Those are just his 9 brothers
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Great thread

It's a really nice thread

Not even sarcastic. This thread is perfect.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

also to all the h8rs questioning the skill of the wolfie:

Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

#HaydiBakalım #Hücum!  #onethreadpervideo
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

#freethewolf
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

Its clutter to a lot of people, the ones that do want to see the video's will subscribe or keep an eye out for the megathread, you're probably not losing the views that matter :)
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I'm late to the party but I'd suck as many big ones as it takes for your right to post single threads! It's just that awesome
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

hleung wrote:Alright. It really is enough. Even though I technically should be doing other things now, I really have to speak up since the issue has been brought up to me and that you have shown your ignorance, selfishness and arrogance in this thread. Why do you have to not be bound by the rules and insist on spamming out threads for every one of your youtube videos?

I spent well over an hour to search for and merge all 50+ threads created by you just to make the mega-thread happen, in an attempt to make our lives, the lives of the members of community team, easier after enforcing the forum rules. Please imagine what would happen if all the other users were like you and not care the slightest about the rules and potential spam on the forum. There are reasons for videos of the same channel to be confined into one mega-thread - not only does it reduce the spam, it is much neater to be kept in that way. If other forum members do have an interest in watching your videos and provide constructive feedback and comments, they should already be following the thread and your channel and receive various notifications about your new videos.

In addition, from what I have heard, you took a break for quite a while; and therefore, the drop in viewers should not really be blamed on the moderation of the community team, but on you yourself, but it seems like you really do love to do things on your own way and ignore every single reasonable request from the community team, don't you? To the extent where you would use the drop in viewers' count in your most recent videos as an excuse to justify your rather unfair and unjust demands, and wrong us for the necessary moderation to keep the forum up and running smoothly and user-friendly as it should be.

Even worse, you seemed to have mobilised quite a few new members on ESOC who happened to be using the same IP address and temporary emails (i.e. smurfs) to provide you with suicidal support and rig the poll, and create an absolutely false image of popular opinion. Since we do not know how many more may exist, the poll is now rigged and should be seen as invalid.

In other words, just no, we are not letting you, or anyone to create threads for each video they uploaded on a video-hosting website (YouTube, Twitch, etc.). Video links of the same channels should be posted on their respective mega-threads. That's the final decision of the community team, no matter how much it might damage your ego (the problem of being too big in first place), and the end of this millennial debate. If you continue to ignore our advice, you know very well what is coming.

Have a nice day.

hleung

Don't be disrespectful to him dude
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I vote for each video having its own thread. Youtube videos take a lot of time and effort to produce. It's not a hard concept tbh.

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I can't believe no one's brought up this option yet: how about two threads per one video?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

see, that's some out-of-the-cage thinking :food:
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I'll never understand the timeless problem the community team has with a user having a burst of threads. The volume of threads created is important since threads can either catch on or have no bites.

Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

hleung wrote:
LONEWOLF123 wrote:Dear Hleung,

Thanks in advance,
With my regards

So in other words, all you care about is the viewer count in your youtube channel, but not how you are supposed to follow the rules and the advice given by the community team, despite we have told you in multiple occasions to post on the megathread. We have also given you some advice, such as the following:
edeholland wrote:If you want more exposure, you can ask your fans to subscribe to your megathread, so they get a notification when a new post is made.

And ask them to hit that subscribe button on the youtube channel as well, in case they still manage to miss it.

Like we all said, if we allowed you to do whatever you want (i.e. create a thread for every single video you upload), we would have to let the others do the same thing as well. It seems like you have just thought about yourself, but not ESOC or other users on the forum. Here we call what you have been doing selfish and ignorant, with quite a big ego also known to us as arrogant - and no, I am not going to take it back. I know the comment is going to hurt a lot, but as the community team, we have the responsibility to bring the best to the community, and that involves helping members to become more mature as they grow - this is a public area, and we are all bound by the same set of rules, and none of us have imperium here when it comes to law and order. Do whatever you wish, but if you insist on doing whatever you want, then I would like to remind you that the community team have counter-measures in place and can take effective punitive actions if proven necessary.

hleung

I think to be treated like that is unfair to me; to a real lover of age of empires 3 and to an eager member of this community . And because i respect the result of the voting i will respect the rules .
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

sigh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..