Micro tricks

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: Micro tricks

Post by lemmings121 »

you can definitely pull one elifent explorer with the other. I usually just position the second explorer ahead of the snared one, dragbox and spam click forward. (maybe it is actually failing half the time, but since i'm doing it 10 times, it eventually runs..)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:I'd argue the opposite if your idle vills are something like 15. It does as well apply to all the SW to move from gold to food for aging.

It takes a very, very long time for 15 vils to gather the resources for 5 huss. You'd need them idle for more than 1 min I think.
It was just an example anyway. My point is that, by pulling, you can sometimes save a lot of units, and that's definitely worth the apm invested, since pulling isn't even hard to do.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

edeholland wrote:Thanks for making those guides! Maybe we can have a playlist/thread where resources are gathered aimed at PR 20+ players. There are plenty of guides for those that want to become a lieutenant, but very little for the road to captain.

Yes, I'm a captain in theory and I hadn't used pull trick intentionally. I main brits and didn't know about the longbow thing either.
These are more like tricks to get to major/lt colonel from 1st lt or captain imo. I think it's great and I am particularly looking forward to "using cav in skirm fights."

EDIT: and also splitting fire - I'm a bit sick of not being able to punish my opponent when he brings his goons infront in skirm wars and I only get 1 instead of 2 or 2 instead of 3.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

update: maybe all these explanations aren't good, the units just can stand still, they don't even have to walk/run :hmm:
only focus on the angle of the first unit, click in front of the unit if you want to pull then it should work

if it doesn't then correct the angle slightly - maybe a mathematician can take a look at this :D - you can definitely make the pull 5+ times in a row, but there's always a chance you click on the wrong spot and the units slow down/walk back. usually this happens when you click between the unit and the first flag.
to fix this click further away. eg it even works when you place the second flag on the other end of the screen/but on the line/"imaginary line" (unit/unit/flag)
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

It's bug abuse. I don't think game developers had the intention to make longbows shoot faster.
give that guy a manual
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

stronk wrote:It's bug abuse. I don't think game developers had the intention to make longbows shoot faster.

actually, they coded the rate of fire as 1.5...
most likelly they didnt intend for them to shot slower, we are actually trying to avoid a bug to use the actual rof of the unit
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

lemmings121 wrote:
stronk wrote:It's bug abuse. I don't think game developers had the intention to make longbows shoot faster.

actually, they coded the rate of fire as 1.5...
most likelly they didnt intend for them to shot slower, we are actually trying to avoid a bug to use the actual rof of the unit

Ssshh
give that guy a manual
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The pull trick is one of those tricks that has only recently been popularized. I feel like it's a thing that - if mastered - can have an extremely large impact on the game.

Also <insert obligatory bug abuse comment>
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

momuuu wrote:The pull trick is one of those tricks that has only recently been popularized. I feel like it's a thing that - if mastered - can have an extremely large impact on the game.

I do not think it can be extremely large impact on the game. (even if it was meant to be a joke, just wanted to drop my 2 cents)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It does have a large impact on the game, at least when abused. Its effect tho are mixed, it is not necessarily bad nor good for the game. Since it is something coded and actually intended we can only accept it as a usable feature.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't see what would be bad about it, since it's an intended mechanic, and it takes some skill to do it properly. But yeah, it is potentially pretty impactful. I would have probs lost my 3 wws in the ger mirror against lordraphael yesterday if not for the pull trick, for example
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well I personally can't get the pull trick to work 100% of the time when I have 1 + 1 units. I don't really get it

Not 1 +1 units, he is talking in vector terms. what he means is the velocity of units depends on the vector of their motion. So, if vectors are parallel they can go max speed otherwise and something like that.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Ashvin wrote:
momuuu wrote:The pull trick is one of those tricks that has only recently been popularized. I feel like it's a thing that - if mastered - can have an extremely large impact on the game.

I do not think it can be extremely large impact on the game. (even if it was meant to be a joke, just wanted to drop my 2 cents)

I was able to kite huss with (non-stimpack) Wakinas half the map in Arizona once using pull trick. The opponent still comitted and fell for a defensive timing near my tc. Without it he wouldve rekt them mid map and I would’ve lost the game. :chinese: So yeah, it can have a big impact in the game

India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

macacoalbino wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

I was able to kite huss with (non-stimpack) Wakinas half the map in Arizona once using pull trick. The opponent still comitted and fell for a defensive timing near my tc. Without it he wouldve rekt them mid map and I would’ve lost the game. :chinese: So yeah, it can have a big impact in the game

Lol sounds like one of our games. If there's anything I could recognize my games by it's gotta be overcommiyying with cav
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah, wakinas reach 6.9 speed when pulled and close to wc. It's slightly faster than huss
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

Post by almalek »

macacoalbino wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

I seen a record game some day ago where pull trick can be usefull with units like forst prowler.. some tourney game .. so i guess it can be usefull
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Real pros just use the normal dragbox and slowly celebrate their way to victory, preferably playing some anthem meanwhile (e.g. Taylor Swift).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

The third episode of this series is (finally) here! Analysis of myself playing Time to Micro vs. @bwinner

phpBB [video]
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Just the thing we’ve all been waiting for
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

RIP me here
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

bwinner1 wrote:RIP me here

Not as RIP as the 14-0 just before, shame I didn't record it
Vietnam 500000vnd
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 475839

Post by 500000vnd »

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

Is this series to be continued? I've enjoyed every video so far, particularly the longbow micro tip.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

How about they show a trick where you spawn monster trucks out of thin air, I really like that one lately.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

You can do that one yourself though, you don't need kaiserklein for it.