UI Suggestions / Requested Features

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

Hi Aizamk,

First of all, thanks a million for making my aoe3 watching experience wonderful.
I have some suggestions or (requested features) for the UI 1.7. and would really be happy if you can consider them.

[ul type="disc"][li]Show number of villagers per resource. (Its better than avg income per resource (psss decimals) , because number of villagers on each resource helps me learn the game while watching). Maybe both num and avg can be shown, but that's too much clutter I think.
[/li][li]In the current UI 1.7, I see game time on the top right side below player's name, It can be put in the centre of the row.
[/li][li]In the current UI 1.7, I see level of difficulty ("expert" or "hard"), its not needed imo.
These 2 changes will help me see the right player's shipment percentage &' count status.
[/li][li]Can we have each player's line of sight (just like we have in recorded games). This is really a nice feature from casting perspective also, because the casters can see exactly what a player is seeing and justify what units they are making.
[/li][li]In the UI 2.0 (seen some images) , the unit statistics cannot be seen cause the whole bottom area is occupied. I LOVE the top row of UI 1.7, and would like that to remain exact same (with above mentioned changed ofc) , liked the idea in UI 2.0 of changing Tabs to Dropdowns.[/li][/ul]
Thanks
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Hi,

-Number of vills per resource will be implemented in 2.0 (if enabled by a caster- it'll be disabled by default because the way it works is a bit clunky)

-Casters should be the ones who disable game time and game difficulty using F11, they choose to leave it there. Also note that the game timeis visible in the bottom right

-Unfortunately implementing LOS changes in the past caused OOS (out-of-sync) problems, and was imperfect anyway so I took it out.

-One idea is to make the UI at the bottom adjustable so that it basically shifts to the right so that it's in UI 1.7's position, another is to edit the unit stats UI so that it's less obstructive and in some other position. Neither has been worked on yet.
oranges.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Itd be amazing if the production queue had shipments and improvements in it aswell. That way, production would be all you really need.