How do you make scenario playable as skirmish?

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag Aladdin
Crossbow

Post by Aladdin »

Good day,

I was dabbling with creating a couple of maps and they seem to load fine, but if I choose "playtest scenario" the AI will only gather the initial shipments and then do nothing. even on expert difficulty.

also if I go to "play custom scenario" in single player, I can't pick civilizations, the game loads with its default civs and again AI does nothing.
how can I get the map to show in skirmish like other maps?

Thanks
Aladdin
No Flag Aladdin
Crossbow

Post by Aladdin »

I found answer to this question please delete thread. thanks
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Maybe you can share that with us so that others know as well? ')
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

pecelot wrote:Maybe you can share that with us so that others know as well? ')
In the editor go to scenario -->' player data (or something similar, it''s the first entry in the list) here you can give every player a civ and on the right side of that window there is a button called ''AI'' click it and scroll to the right and select ''AILoaderStandard''
Then click playtest scenario adn select whcih player you want to be and the difficulty settings then cancel
I thnk for the AI thing to work you also need to place one or two ''AI start'' blocks next to the AI''s TC. Just go to all objects and look for it
You can play your scenarios under Singleplayer -->' Scenarios
No Flag Aladdin
Crossbow

Post by Aladdin »

ok so it turns out scenarios are not playable as skirmish.
you can read more about map making here: http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/58756.aspx

as you can see there is no GUI tool to create skirmish maps. moreover, playing against AI on your own custom map is not guaranteed to be a satisfying experience as AI for the most part in this game is scripted on a map to map basis.
have fun!
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

Yes it's true you can't play scenes u make as skirmishes. I've made some really cool maps with start locations and all but there is no way to do it. Garja confirmed that for me. If you really want to make a map you need to learn to write the game UI and there are probably not too many people that can, one is Garja though.... If you were really serious I'm sure he help u. And yea good luck getting the game UI to do more than build a house or two on a scen lol